~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Wahey that's fantastic news. Silly doctor worrying you for no reason!

Kcoennen - glad that your news was good. How awful to scare you like that. At least you got some sensible answers quite quickly after the doctor raised their concerns so you didn't have to wait too long for reassurance.

Sorry to those ladies whose ms has come back. I had mine all the way through to 18 weeks or so - I really hope it doesn't come back. I'm not sure I could cope with it again. It was awful. :(

I had mine to 17 & 1/2 weeks now its back...grr!

I need some help. Can anyone in the UK suggest somewhere I can get a fancy dress costume (i'll be 30 weeks at the party) dont know the theme yet as we are deciding tonight. If not, can anyone suggest good costumes that i could get away with that arent maternity ones.

The only fancy dress i have seen is the typical angel, devil and nurse ones and they are expensive. I am going to wear it once for 2 maybe 3 hours and then I dont see me needing it again!

Any help would be great!

you could just make a toga from a bedsheet and go as a greek goddess

A 1920's flapper dress are generally very loose. That would look cute with a preggo bump!

I've only just seen this group. Can you add me to 21st August please, we're expecting a girl.

Thanks

So I've decided it's beyond time to buy a couple new bras since I keep popping out of mine. Since they cost a fortune, I want to buy nursing bras that will last me throughout the rest of the pregnancy and breastfeeding. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hi everyone! Sorry so many are feeling sick again, no fun!

I went to the doctor. I hit the 24 week mark and baby is perfectly healthy (he's kicking me as I type). The doctor thinks he's going to be a long baby.

As far as costume ideas, you could buy a maternity LBD and then dress it up with accents from the style? For example, a loose maternity LBD for flapper and then wear pearl beads and similar hair? Or retro - LBD with red lipstick/makeup and retro curls? Start basic and use makeup and hair to give it style. I hope that helps!

For UK mummies, i just wrote this on another thread but though you might be interested in some cheap(ish) maternity clothes https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/shop-til-you-drop/1004503-next-bargains.html#post17934397

Have been MIA for a while. Hope all of you ladies are well! I've had a rough few months and things are finally getting better. Baby still doesn't have a name but I have some that are at the top of my list. As far as baby stuff, I've been getting A LOT from family. One of my aunts had a whole room full of baby girl clothes, from NB to 24 months. I have no idea where I'm going to put everything!!! We have our stroller and car seat and now it's just time to sit back and wait for her to be born!

I'm very upset with my boyfriend. More and more, he doesn't want to talk about money with me. Or that he doesn't want me to "tell him what to do." It's so frustrating because we have to talk about this and he'd rather avoid the topic of money. I'm sick of him not really working to get a job, either. I'm more busy and productive than he is, and I'm the one pregnant. I just feel he avoids "scary" things and would rather just not think about it. But the baby is coming, he has to!

This upsets me because this is the only thing we have ever really fought about. I just wish he was stronger.

Sorry I ranted, everyone. I had to get it out!

Hope everyone else is okay.

I'm very upset with my boyfriend. More and more, he doesn't want to talk about money with me. Or that he doesn't want me to "tell him what to do." It's so frustrating because we have to talk about this and he'd rather avoid the topic of money. I'm sick of him not really working to get a job, either. I'm more busy and productive than he is, and I'm the one pregnant. I just feel he avoids "scary" things and would rather just not think about it. But the baby is coming, he has to!

This upsets me because this is the only thing we have ever really fought about. I just wish he was stronger.

Sorry I ranted, everyone. I had to get it out!

Hope everyone else is okay.

that can be so frustrating ..my DH talks about finances openly and everything but hes a last minute type person which drives me insane sometimes... he always wants to do things last minute whereas i like to be prepared............ :wacko: MEN lol

My OH is normally super prepared for everything but has somehow become the most laid back person I know with regards to getting ready for the baby so I feel your pain!

Thanks for letting me rant, everyone! :D We had a conversation yesterday and I feel better.

Has anyone ever seen a very loud action movie recently? I saw "The Avengers" last night and I'm pretty sure my boy hated it. He kept jumping, kicking and punching me really hard. I felt terrible and am sure I scared him. :(

oh gosh...me and dh have been planning to go tomorrow to watch the avengers can the sound hurt baby at all or..it just frightens them a bit?

oh gosh...me and dh have been planning to go tomorrow to watch the avengers can the sound hurt baby at all or..it just frightens them a bit?

It was a really good movie, but the sound was painfully loud. I see movies a lot and this was unusually loud. But... I still feel I scared him. I could just sense it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->