~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

oh gosh...me and dh have been planning to go tomorrow to watch the avengers can the sound hurt baby at all or..it just frightens them a bit?

It was a really good movie, but the sound was painfully loud. I see movies a lot and this was unusually loud. But... I still feel I scared him. I could just sense it. :(

awwwwe :-(

I saw the avengers as well!! Great movie. I think its ok, I read online before I saw it that loud things are alright, just not all the time.

I know how you feel. I saw Avengers to and lo was kicking alot. I read that you have to remember that the womb is not a quiet place. I'm sure lo is fine but I understand being worried. I was to!

Do you all have alot of stuff bought already? I feel like I have nothing but clothes. My dh got a new job so we have to move before Stella is born so I have been kind of holding off but it's making me feel so unprepared!! Does anyone have any advice on the essential things I will need? It would be sooo helpful!

Hope you all are doing great!

I don't have much either. My boyfriend and I have some books, clothes we bought super cheap at a rummage sale but no newborn (we're guessing baby shower will cover that). Also a playmat and a jumper. We're not going to have a nursery so we just need basic items, I'm not loking for matchy-matchy. Just safe, dependable items. When our semesters are done we'll go rummage sale hunting again. You can find good stuff if you look right.

We are moving in January some aren't bothering with nursery stuff. He will just have to live in his Moses basket until jan (4 months).

We have gotten clothes (mainly from my sister) some blankets and towel, a box of free nappies, a couple of bits and pieces but we aren't too worried just yet as i am taking loads of maternity leave and I'll need something to do during that time!

I saw the Avengers and LO didnt even wiggle( That worried me) , but as soon as I was about to go to bed that night, LO was jumping around like crazy. I dont even think the movie phased the little booger mo. :haha: I wouldn't worry, baby is quite protected in there.

My 3D/4D ultrasound is this Friday and I am so excited. I am hoping this is my gender reveal. :happydance:

Anyone else notice something is wrong with our food tickers from the bump? I see "Baby is now the size of an eggplant" on tickers for 25, 26, 27, and 28 weeks! It's stuck or something...

Edit: I guess it's supposed to be like that? Both 29 and 30 weeks say size of a squash. Weird, I guess our little ones are putting on more fat that growing in length much right now?

Heehee I have seen threads about that in the second tri boards. My guess is exactly what you said as well!!

Anyone else notice something is wrong with our food tickers from the bump? I see "Baby is now the size of an eggplant" on tickers for 25, 26, 27, and 28 weeks! It's stuck or something...

Edit: I guess it's supposed to be like that? Both 29 and 30 weeks say size of a squash. Weird, I guess our little ones are putting on more fat that growing in length much right now?

Thats exactly right - they don't change weekly after 24 weeks I think it is. I think its every 3/4 weeks now.

Lol yes I am finally in third tri now! Time is flying by now.....and I'm not complaining either!

At my childbirth classes they said "you are in the third tri once you start 29 weeks"

29 weeks?? I had never heard anyone use that late of a date!! I am going to consider myself third tri at 27 1/2 weeks!

Failed my 1 hr. GTT - have to go back on Saturday for a 3 hr test. Is there something I could have done to not have failed?

Failed my 1 hr. GTT - have to go back on Saturday for a 3 hr test. Is there something I could have done to not have failed?

I failed it as well and had to take the 3 hour test.. Just make sure you drink lots of water before and after you drink the solution!

I failed my one hour and panicked, but passed my 3 hour. I think it's just something that happens sometimes. The one hour acts as more of a screening test to "catch" the people who are possibly at risk for GD, the three hour is the actual tolerance test that shows how your body utilizes the glucose solution. At least, that's how my OB explained it to me. Try not to panic! :)

I have a question. Is anyone getting braxton hicks contractions? I think I am, but am not sure. It's like my lower part of my belly tightens up and is really hard. It doesn't hurt and doesn't last very long. It happens quite randomly, too. Sorry for being clueless but I'm not sure!

I have a question. Is anyone getting braxton hicks contractions? I think I am, but am not sure. It's like my lower part of my belly tightens up and is really hard. It doesn't hurt and doesn't last very long. It happens quite randomly, too. Sorry for being clueless but I'm not sure!

Not sure but I've experienced it too (knowingly twice)!

I was told 3rd tri was from 28 weeks. Its amazing how much conflicting info you get.

Yes they are Braxton Hicks.

On my first pregnancy all I ever got was painfree tightenings. This time round they are much more obvious and quite uncomfortable/painful at times. Also I got them from much earlier on this pregnancy. I think it's just something that is more noticeable on second and subsequent pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->