~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I just discovered this thread :p This forum is huge is taking me a while to get around, lol! But I am also going to be an August mommy. My due date is Aug 28th and this is our first child. It's gonna be a girl too :D

I can't see down there anymore either but I wax. I started waxing around January 2011 and go in every 4-6 weeks now for a brazilian and 3-4 weeks for underarms. I used to do my legs too but it's so expensive. If you do decide to wax, look into a place that does hard stripless wax. It's usually all natural beeswax and hardens on its own before removal instead of the paper/fabric strips. The soft strip wax actually rips off a couple layers of skin with the follicles so I've heard it's WAY more painful than the hard wax. I've only done hard wax so I can't say for sure though. And yes, it was slightly more sensitive during first tri but since then, it's back to normal. The only part that smarts is the lips themselves, the rest is completely manageable. It did take maybe 3-4 sessions to become accustomed to the process though so maybe not best to start now? I can't imagine not doing it now though!

:) I now have my boyfriend take care of my hair down there. I guess I'm lucky! I'm wondering when it will be too hard to shave my legs? Right now I'm managing.

I am super busy this summer. 13 credits trying to get done by August, working part time and moving in an apartment with my boyfriend. I feel like I never slow down. People keep telling me to take it easy, but I never do!

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

I am super busy this summer. 13 credits trying to get done by August, working part time and moving in an apartment with my boyfriend. I feel like I never slow down. People keep telling me to take it easy, but I never do!

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

I feel your pain! I am working full time and have 5 modules to complete before LO arrives!

yep my dh takes care of that region now lol. its a little alarming how much of a perfectionist he is whilest doing it. i thought men never really cared about those sort of things.

my baby layla is extremely active now and i love it apart from when i'm trying to sleep.

my weight gain as of now is 5lbs.

looking forward to seeing the midwife in 2 weeks. starting to think i'm looking a bit small for dates. never usually have this problem but i'm nowhere near as big as normal.

got my pushchair

https://www.simplybaby.co.uk/pushch...el/joolz-day-earth-edition-elephant-grey.html

just having some customised bits made for it in pink and silver so very very excited.

think i am actually prepared now, got clothes, nappys and all the bits lol just need to stock up on socks x :happydance:

We had our 3d scan today!

It was fab, we got to check up on the baby and got absolute confirmation that he is definitely a boy when he waved his willy at us!

He is very average sized but i have a lot of fluid which is why I am huge! They think he will be 7 1/2 lbs when born! :thumbup:

I have been trying to buy a few summer things because it's recently started getting hot here but I'm thinking I'm going to need alot more by august. I'm feeling okay but my inner thighs and back are sore alot.

Hope you all are doing well and having fun on your vacations!

Oh and we scheduled our 3d scan for june 9th! We are so excited!
I have to take my glucose test next week. Super nervous!!!

I completely forgot about this thread :wacko: I have not posted since page 127 so will have to catch up! My last post says when my anomaly scan date was... well i have had that and all was well and we found out we are having a little girly after two boys :) (please could you update for me) which is great as this will be my last baby! So my little boys will have a little sister to look after.
I cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going ... kind of want it to slow down as Im enjoying it and it will be the last ever times I feel little kicks :flower:
hope everyone is doing well :)

I bought some new stuff a few weeks back but its all convertible stuff ie lightweight trousers, short sleeve tops, skirts... all stuff that can be layered up if the weather turns cold again but great for the way the weather has been recently!

congrats on team :pink: Mrs O!!

I bought some sleeveless shirts for the weather!! It is turning hot so fast~!

I bought some sleeveless shirts for the weather!! It is turning hot so fast~!

DH is worried about it getting to hot and the baby overheating! I do try and tell him that thousands of babies survive the heat of summer every year and he doesn't need to panic! He's not having it tho!

I'm not worried too much about baby overheating, and hubby seems pretty trusting of my judgement so far! I have a feeling that baby will live in a diaper a lot here in the house when it's hot, and when we go out, a onesie will likely do fine!!

Hope you are all doing well ladies :D

Has anyone in there shopping trips seen a pair of short, cotton style close fitted ones that would go under dresses. I have some lovely dresses but my thighs get warm and rub together and I would like to prevent it. Any suggestions?

mummylanning: I don't know about what to wear underneath dresses during pregnancy, but I have the thighs rubbing together going on, too. This sounds weird, but I use coconut oil all over my body as a lotion and that works for my thighs. It makes them much more comfortable, lol. I hope that helped.

I'm overdoing it, I think. I cleaned my mother's house yesterday and I hurt myself. I couldn't even walk last night, I was hurting so bad. I keep forgetting my body isn't like it used to be. :(

My boyfriend and I still haven't picked a name. I'm getting tired of all the "suggestions" from family.

I hope everyone is hanging in there!

Hello ladies, I'm back from my holiday to lanzarote & have returned to glorious sunshine in the UK! The main problem I'm experiencing is swollen & painful feet, they are just horrendous!
With regards to thighs rubbing, I found on holiday that wearing cut-off leggings under dresses made my thighs more comfortable, I found that the aftersun/suncream made the rubbing worse!
On another note, I fell up the stairs today & landed on my bump - ouch! Thankfully baby has been moving since, so hopefully all is ok!
Hope everyone is doing well

Woot!! Are all of us in 3rd tri now?

mummylanning - I haven't seen anything to help with dresses... I have just given up on skirts.

Skelleron - glad the baby is moving! I would have been freaked out... but I'm such a worrier!! :haha:

lyrics - I feel like I'm not doing enough. I'm just so tired and I can't seem to get the chores done when I'm feeling so dang uncomfortable!! I hope that you get some rest :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->