AUGUST 2013 babies...

Ladies, I'm failry upset. I just got my referal for an obgyn and a later with the date of my us. it will be my first baby ever, and my first us isn't until 20 weeks! :( I guess it is fairly normal when your low risk in my area but I'm really disssapointed. I thought I would be like my SIL's and get one at 12 weeks.
In the usa you should get the choice for a scan at 12 weeks. It's a testing scan, for downs and heart things. Nuchal testing it's called, or something like that. They have to offer it, but you can decline it. I would deffo ask.

Ah my scan is approaching, and I get terrible anxiety... 5 days.I am looking down to see a bump or something to know for sure that the little one is growing,but nothing..and when my symptoms disappear I get paranoid, same as with not finding the heart beat with the Doppler.
I am telling myself if the worse do happen, that there are so many other things I can do and that is not meant to be. I already think that I lost it.isn't that just pit full?
5 days...it will feel like 5 weeks.I will probably start crying like crazy 2 days before because I am thinking the worse.When I am thinking of that day my heart just feels squeezed.

They say extremely hard to find heartbeat on Doppler this early jazzylady. Try to relax. Other ladies have posted to say sharp drop off in symptoms and had scan baby was fine. Ur a bit like me, a worrier. I have convinced DH to go for a private scan as I have not even had preg confirmed other than poas at home! No bloods heartbeat checks or anything. I just want to know all ok in the oven!! Pm me if u ever wanna chat, I'm generally on twice a day at least xx

Lets see My scan is monday and rather then focusing on the joy of seeing my baby, im stuck with welts the size of quarters and All over itchyness... Swelling of the hands, and the worry of harming my baby with the benadryl I was told by my doc to take.. I want to cry and cry but just one tear makes me break out more...

They say extremely hard to find heartbeat on Doppler this early jazzylady. Try to relax. Other ladies have posted to say sharp drop off in symptoms and had scan baby was fine. Ur a bit like me, a worrier. I have convinced DH to go for a private scan as I have not even had preg confirmed other than poas at home! No bloods heartbeat checks or anything. I just want to know all ok in the oven!! Pm me if u ever wanna chat, I'm generally on twice a day at least xx

Thanks,that is so nice of you.And yes I worry about everything so far.oh well we will see in a few days.Countdown is on....
This appointment is very important to me because last time my baby measured a few days behind and his heart was just flickering. So I didn't had a strong heart beat.If everything is OK after this appointment, then I am sure mc chance drops a lot for me.

Lets see My scan is monday and rather then focusing on the joy of seeing my baby, im stuck with welts the size of quarters and All over itchyness... Swelling of the hands, and the worry of harming my baby with the benadryl I was told by my doc to take.. I want to cry and cry but just one tear makes me break out more...

I am sorry you have to deal with that.Good luck for Monday.

I'm in New Brunswick, CA. The hubby doesn't think its necessary, says that its too much money (about $150) and that if they made it for that far away that they must think things are going smoothly in the pregnancy.

I'm just more dissapointed than anything else. I was looking forward to seeing my little blob.

Im in canada - and you should get one at 12 weeks if you do the screening... thats where they test for markers for down syndrome. If you call your dr and tell them you want that test done they should send you for blood work and an us HTH :)

thanks pineapple 1981 :D xx

https://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q549/yummymummy080911/IMG_0320_zps53feea04.jpg

here is my bump pic was taken at 9 +4 im supposedly 10 weeks today but with feeling movements im convinced they are wrong, i had coil out 27th september and as i had had sex that week they said they could not prevent immediate conception... i had 2 irregular bleeds one after 3 weeks and one after 10 days (november 4th) which is what they are basing the date of pregnancy on ... so technically i could be as much as 16 weeks but wont know until i have my scan on the 28th january

i wondered where this group had disappeared to!

Wontgiveup, good luck at your scan today! Hope everyhing goes well =)

As for me, I have been sooo ill the last week. Had the worst cold ever, which seemed to subside a bit yesterday, but in place of a horrible cold, I now have an even worse eye infection. Its horrible! I look like ive been punched in the face! Haha.
Getting my flu jag today.. How exciting! Lol.
Also, I actually spewed this morning. All Id had was a few sips of dds orange juice so it wasnt much, but it made me feel a bit relieved!

Next appointment February 6th, which will be my booking appointment and Ill be 11+4 I think. Hopefully get my scan shortly after that.

Hope everyone is keeping well :flower:

i wondered where this group had disappeared to!

Wontgiveup, good luck at your scan today! Hope everyhing goes well =)

As for me, I have been sooo ill the last week. Had the worst cold ever, which seemed to subside a bit yesterday, but in place of a horrible cold, I now have an even worse eye infection. Its horrible! I look like ive been punched in the face! Haha.
Getting my flu jag today.. How exciting! Lol.
Also, I actually spewed this morning. All Id had was a few sips of dds orange juice so it wasnt much, but it made me feel a bit relieved!

Next appointment February 6th, which will be my booking appointment and Ill be 11+4 I think. Hopefully get my scan shortly after that.

Hope everyone is keeping well :flower:

You may find they won't give u jab if u are just recovering from cold hunni. Xx

Morning ladies! I have my booking appointment this afternoon and will hopefully get a date for my first scan. I am so excited and a little nervous. I am still pretty symptom free so very nervous it's because my hormone levels aren't high enough, made the incredibly stupid mistake of looking up mmc last night and frightened myself! Will the midwife be able to tell me my hormone levels from my urine sample?

Morning ladies! I have my booking appointment this afternoon and will hopefully get a date for my first scan. I am so excited and a little nervous. I am still pretty symptom free so very nervous it's because my hormone levels aren't high enough, made the incredibly stupid mistake of looking up mmc last night and frightened myself! Will the midwife be able to tell me my hormone levels from my urine sample?

No - i think they can only tell hormone levels from bloodwork :( i hope everything is ok!

Good luck to all you ladies with appointments today. I have my next one on Wed and it feels like a lifetime away. My nausea is still there but has gotten a bit better up until last night. I have come to realize that if I eat anything made with tomato paste or sauce, I get the worst acid reflux. I felt so horrible I just went to bed to sleep it off. I hope I feel normal soon enough so I can start enjoying making dinner for me and dh and going back to eating healthy because right now the thought of salads and fish turns my stomach.

I sleep sleep and more sleep.I notice since I am pregnant have the weirdest dreams and lots of it.
Scan in 2 days.
Touching down my belly like 3 fingers above the hair line I feel something rounding there and hard.I can't see it yet,because my bloat is so big above,but I can feel it...hope that is the start for a bump.

I just ordered hot and sour soup from my Chinese.... Yummy

Good luck.tell us details when you are back

Hello all, booking appointment done! It was really just form filling and blood / urine tests and more information booklets to take away etc. but the great news is I have my scan date, 31st Jan!! Can not wait :dance:

The midwife was really nice and put my mind a little more at ease about my lack of symptoms, she said I should just thank my lucky stars that I am not sick as a dog :haha:

Anyway, I am now back on :cloud9: and hoping the next couple of weeks fly by so I can finally see my little bean.

How's everyone else doing?

Hello all, booking appointment done! It was really just form filling and blood / urine tests and more information booklets to take away etc. but the great news is I have my scan date, 31st Jan!! Can not wait :dance:

The midwife was really nice and put my mind a little more at ease about my lack of symptoms, she said I should just thank my lucky stars that I am not sick as a dog :haha:

Anyway, I am now back on :cloud9: and hoping the next couple of weeks fly by so I can finally see my little bean.

How's everyone else doing?

Why they don't make you a scan now?is not all part of prenatal care?
I think I will get Wednesday blood +urine,a pap smear, scan,weight talk...

My first appointment is wednesday and I am so nervous! More excited though! Did they give you your hcg levels at the appointment? Did they use a doppler to try and find the heartbeat? Eeekkkk! I am so nervous and excited! The girl I spoke with on the phone said I will just meet with a nurse on wednesday to do blood work then will meet with obgyn next Tuesday.

No she didn't check my hcg levels, said that they don't tend to during routine antinatal care because its such a variable. She didn't use a Doppler either just filled in all my paperwork and took blood / urine samples. I have to wait another couple of weeks before I can know for sure everything is ok and as it should be (can't come quick enough!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->