AUGUST 2013 babies...

wont give up congrats on ur scan

i bought my pushchair

oh and SMGP I thought he would have to do a vaginal ultrasound but he did a abdominal one and we heard the heart beat and everything... :) so maybe they can make a little easier on you, hope you get your scan soon, my next scan isnt till 20wks, but My next appointment is 2-12-13

Oh you are so lucky! My appointment tomorrow is just blood work and I meet with ob a week from today so hopefully she will do something then!

My midwife told me that after my 12 week scan I won't have another one until 20 weeks. So does that mean even though they could probably tell the gender by 16 weeks, I have to wait until 20 to find out? That seems a bit mean.

does that mean even though they could probably tell the gender by 16 weeks, I have to wait until 20 to find out? That seems a bit mean.
Well the whole medical purpose for a scan at 20 weeks is to make sure that the baby is growing properly; its an anatomy scan. The gender is just a bonus.

yes there are measurements that need to be taken at 20 weeks - most places will let you book your 20 week scan sometime between 18-22 weeks.

My midwife told me that after my 12 week scan I won't have another one until 20 weeks. So does that mean even though they could probably tell the gender by 16 weeks, I have to wait until 20 to find out? That seems a bit mean.

I did a private scan at 8+3 weeks then I will do my 12 week on NHS, another private at 16 weeks (for gender) then NHS at 20 weeks and another private 3D/4D at 24 weeks.

So really you can have as many scans as you wish, if you pay for them, But on the NHS you will only get 2 unless you're a high risk pregnancy

lol yeah Im in the same boat! BOOOO! have you thought about doing a gender test from walgreens?

Ugh its so hard to make out were the baby is on my scan, I def see the yolk sac and then to the left is the baby, it looks so small.... I cant wait to see legs arms hands head all fingers and toes lol

lol yeah Im in the same boat! BOOOO! have you thought about doing a gender test from walgreens?

what gender test from walgreens? Is it scientific or just for fun?

Just had my first appointment today and the nurse told me that they only do one us at 20 weeks. I think I am definitely getting a private one done, maybe at 12-13 weeks. There is a place by my house that does 2d for like 60 bucks and 3D or 4D for like 120, so not bad at all! we are not finding out the sex, so we might just stick with 2D to make sure we don't see anything!

I have my first midwife appt tomorrow but not expecting much from it just blood tests and medical history. Very nervous about my scan on Monday though. Yeah i wouldnt be able to wait until 20 weeks!

Questin? My mothernlaw is the closet thing i have to a mom since my mother passed, We get along just fine, and respect all her insite On life.. shes a great help to us.
Ok so heres my question, She has asked us to stay with her for a few days after the baby is born... She has a big place with plenty of room But im just not sure, If we should just come home and get used to everything on are own, or stay with her so she can help, She talked more about it with allen and he said she made a good point, if the baby wont stop crying Or among many other things she would be able to reasure us everything is ok :) and i could sleep, but I know i wont sleep lol

Questin? My mothernlaw is the closet thing i have to a mom since my mother passed, We get along just fine, and respect all her insite On life.. shes a great help to us.
Ok so heres my question, She has asked us to stay with her for a few days after the baby is born... She has a big place with plenty of room But im just not sure, If we should just come home and get used to everything on are own, or stay with her so she can help, She talked more about it with allen and he said she made a good point, if the baby wont stop crying Or among many other things she would be able to reasure us everything is ok :) and i could sleep, but I know i wont sleep lol
My opinion? Do not stay with her. You may get along great, and that is wonderful, but if you want to keep a good relationship with her, you need to set ground rules from day 1. Does she live far from you? could she come over for a few days to your place to help after the baby is born? I think that would be best for everyone. If you stay with her, you will have to go through adjustments twice. Once at her place (probably getting spoiled and getting to sleep far more than what your reality will be like at home) and then again when its just you and your DH. I would think you would want to get into your own groove as soon as you can. Take the help, for sure, but make sure it is on your terms....you are the mom.

My MIL and I have very differing opinions on just about everything and unfortunately she lives much closer than my mother so she is around my son a lot more than my parents are. SHe is a big help when I need her to be, but she is very pushy and likes to do things her way, which, more often than not, is completely different than mine. I have to remind her often that I AM THE MOM, not her, and my son is MY baby, not hers. Its very weird. I hope you dont have the same experience I have:) MIL's are interesting creatures.

My opinion? Do not stay with her. You may get along great, and that is wonderful, but if you want to keep a good relationship with her, you need to set ground rules from day 1. Does she live far from you? could she come over for a few days to your place to help after the baby is born? I think that would be best for everyone. If you stay with her, you will have to go through adjustments twice. Once at her place (probably getting spoiled and getting to sleep far more than what your reality will be like at home) and then again when its just you and your DH. I would think you would want to get into your own groove as soon as you can. Take the help, for sure, but make sure it is on your terms....you are the mom.

My MIL and I have very differing opinions on just about everything and unfortunately she lives much closer than my mother so she is around my son a lot more than my parents are. SHe is a big help when I need her to be, but she is very pushy and likes to do things her way, which, more often than not, is completely different than mine. I have to remind her often that I AM THE MOM, not her, and my son is MY baby, not hers. Its very weird. I hope you dont have the same experience I have:) MIL's are interesting creatures.

luckly she is not pushy at all and is all about us learning things in are own way, Its just allen and i have no clue on what we are doing. We all get along great... Im sure i will be very overwhelmed and her help would be great, she wouldnt enter fear with the process but just be around for when we have questions.. No room at my house.. We live in a trailer she lives a big house :)!! And as far as the being able to sleep part, HAHAHAHA thats funny, I barely sleep as it is, im sure ill be up all night with baby just like i would here at home... You made a good point we would have to go throught adjustments twice TY

Well apparently Its a topic i cant bring up with my husband, cause he gets all defensive.. I guess my opinon doesnt matter
Were going for 2 days, He said i think itll be good for you and stuff your going to be tired
I said im not going to be able to rest at someone elses house, And thats why i have you its a partner ship, Its for us to figure out..
I told him we would have to go through adjustments twice, he said you act as if were never going to leave her house when we are only going to be there for 2 days.
UGHHH realy Hes such a smartass!!!!!!!!! So much for talking to him about it

Happy just had my scan and everything is great.same due date august 19 th...I almost cried :)

Attachments

• IMAG0745.jpg
    IMAG0745.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 14
Happy just had my scan and everything is great.same due date august 19 th...I almost cried :)

Oh Wow its so clear, so happy for you!:happydance:

Its a pretty great feeling, did you see yours wriggle or move?

No,I was to busy asking the doc a lot of questions,saw a strong heartbeat but we will listen to it in 4 weeks with the Doppler. So yeah everything looks great so far.I got a flu shot, reading material and had to give lots of blood.I am so happy too,makes everything so real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->