AUGUST 2013 babies...

Jazzylady, do you mean books about newborns or books for newborns? I've got both already anyway!

Hope, yeah I have pressure in my chest, which kinda feels like my lungs can't get as much air as they want, and breathing is difficult sometimes.

I mean about newborns! Are you happy with the one you have?

I've got 'Secrets of the Baby Whisperer' and 'What to Expect in the First Year'. I work in the book world so I had a lot of time to look at all the books available, and those seemed the best. The Baby Whisperer has got the E.A.S.Y method which is sorting your time with the baby into Eating.Activity.Sleeping.You, so that's quite useful. Then What to Expect is obviously the sort of bible in terms of all the new parent info you need, it's a big book but usually has info about everything you'll possibly want to know in there.
OMG!!Thank you so much! Coming from someone who works with books I 100% trust your tip:)
How awesome,I love books too.We have here a second hand book store...I love going there.

No problem! I love books too, I run the children's department, so I get to look at kiddy books all the time as well at the moment :)

So I've taken a bump pic, admittedly it's evening so it's always a little bigger, but I feel huge at the moment! My husband thinks my uterus has 'popped up', but I think it's moving slowly up and I am probably bloated too :shrug:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2
I think it is the uterus though.When I feel those kind of pains when you move fast or sneeze suddenly, I feel them right about where my belly button is.so I believe that the uterus has grown so high already.
That is a baby bump for sure!

i bought my first pair of maternity jeans today! i can still get away with my regular jeans, but since we are going away this weekend and it's expected to snow, i am going to be layering thermals underneath therefore need room to move, lol.

love the bump pic, my bump isnt too big yet but you can tell if i wear my leggings and pull it over my tummy. i really hope i find out the gender in 2 weeks....if not my bday gift to myself is a private scan on march 7th haha.

i bought my first pair of maternity jeans today! i can still get away with my regular jeans, but since we are going away this weekend and it's expected to snow, i am going to be layering thermals underneath therefore need room to move, lol.

love the bump pic, my bump isnt too big yet but you can tell if i wear my leggings and pull it over my tummy. i really hope i find out the gender in 2 weeks....if not my bday gift to myself is a private scan on march 7th haha.

Is your Birthday on the 7th March? If so that would be so weird :) Mine is 6 March and I had booked a private scan.

My first private scan was at 8 weeks 3 days so i thought I would do a 16 weeks 3 day scan for the sexing (private) which just happened to fall on my birtday :) I am trying to keep my scan times as close as I can (4 weeks a part)

So, today was my 12 week scan (12+4)

Baby is pretty active, was the most wonderful of feelings watching baby move about, I could just stare at the screen the entire day if they would have let me.

Got a little wave with the hand, little knees pulled towards tummy so saw the legs and feet. So so cute.:cloud9:

All is well with baby, and grown exactly to schedule, so my EDD is still the same.

I however have to go for some extra test due to my consecutive losses, they just want to make 100% sure i dont need anything like asprin etc etc But all my bloods came through perfect.

But they have booked my "20 week" scan which actually falls on 18 weeks and 5 days.

Attachments

• Baby07022013a.jpg
    Baby07022013a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Baby07022013b.jpg
    Baby07022013b.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
Oh Pineapple that is so cute!The baby is so big already,like you can see the tip of his/her nose!
Glad everything went well.I am jealous :) my scan is next week on Tuesday,I can't wait.

Pineapple!!! What a great scan! Adorable baby!!! Congrats!

Can't wait to see my baby tomorrow:)

I'm thinking of scheduling a private scan in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm so ready to see the baby again. Keep those scan pics coming, ladies!! :)

Is your Birthday on the 7th March? If so that would be so weird :) Mine is 6 March and I had booked a private scan.

My first private scan was at 8 weeks 3 days so i thought I would do a 16 weeks 3 day scan for the sexing (private) which just happened to fall on my birtday :) I am trying to keep my scan times as close as I can (4 weeks a part)

Yupp...March 7th is my birthday....the big 3-0!!! You share the same birthday as my brother in law. Pisces rock! :thumbup:

Congrats Pinapple!! Gorgeous scan pics, you little one sounds as active as my bean was, I was amazed that I couldn't feel all that thrashing about!

Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments, which i really do appreciate!, I am a mummy in love and its such a warm feeling to be able to share it and not being lone through it.

Yes, we have our family and friends out of our cyber world, but right now, right here, only you guys actually understand and feel what I am feeling :)

And I may not know you in person, but I love you all the same as my bump buddies :D

Hope1409, I will be 32 in March, and I have to admit, since turning 30 i still feel 30 now. I panicked a wee bit when i was turning 30 thinking OMG the big 3 - 0 - but actually i feel I am at a much better place mentally and dont feel older what so ever. Best of both worlds!! :happydance:

For sure!! Pisces are great!!! TBH ws a wee bit worried with baby going to be a wee Leo. They can be a lille full on lol

March 7th is my son's birthday!

I am 32 as well and will be almost 33 when this babe is born! Will be my last, sadly. I don't feel old either, but just as a personal choice, I dont want to have kids over 35. The risks seems to increase a lot and that scares me.

Hi! I'm new here...my due date is August 24th and this is my second child!

heres my rainbow baby!

https://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae57/RUNNERGRL1/7d36ff5f-0bee-412e-a379-fb1590108383_zpse649d7c9.jpg

Wow! Would you look at that lovely clear pic!! He / she is smiling! Gorgeous!!

just posted this as my facebook announcement:)

https://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae57/RUNNERGRL1/FBannouncement_zpse07220cf.jpg

I can't wait to have a scan pic where the baby actually looks like a baby, lol.

Pineapple- I know how you feel. It's great that everyone here knows exactly how you feel.

EJGrant- Congrats and welcome!

I am 32 as well and will be almost 33 when this babe is born! Will be my last, sadly. I don't feel old either, but just as a personal choice, I dont want to have kids over 35. The risks seems to increase a lot and that scares me.

Hi! I'm new here...my due date is August 24th and this is my second child!

runnergrl - I'm not sure where I will stop with this pregnancy being my first really in a sense (the further-est along), but I know I don't just want one child, I definitely do want at least two and will be happy with that. I know of a few woman in their late 30's my best friend being 37 when she had her last and their pregnancies were all fine, but i most certainly wouldn't push it past that. I also feel i want to have the energy to bring my children up, healthy and happy.

Ps: Love your announcement photo :D

EJGrant - Welcome!!!! to the group.

My DD was born on the 7th too! hard to beleive they will be 2 in less than a month :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->