August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

I'm 6w2d exactly. Saw heartbeat and all good but they did say my left ovary was polycystic?! Had my ovaries check 4 times and no problem so don't no where that has come from. The nurse said it could be pregnacy hormones. Sounds odd to me

I'm 6w2d exactly. Saw heartbeat and all good but they did say my left ovary was polycystic?! Had my ovaries check 4 times and no problem so don't no where that has come from. The nurse said it could be pregnacy hormones. Sounds odd to me

Isn't it just magical when you see the heartbeat :) So pleased for you hun :happydance: The risk of MC is greatly reduced once the heart starts beating, you must be so pleased :) Im not sure about the polycystic ovary but I had a pregnacy cyst with my DS on my ovary which disappeared on its own and are very common in pregnancy x

I didn't even have a scan as my HCG was too low at 1200. They are taking more blood in 48 hours to see if it is increasing as it should bit I already know this pregnancy is not viable, I just had this feeling from the get go :( x

:( Hoping that's not the case!

Glad your scan went well!

Thanks Kate. Well I'm going to talk to my midwife about it on Thursday. I started panicking last night as I remember a girl on her that had a hetrotopic (think that's what it's called) where she had a baby in her uterus and one was ectopic. Then thinking what if I have one on my ovary. I know I probably being stupid but it was then stuck in my head!

Lady, I've heard of that happening too, and miraculously, the uterine pregnancy went to term, and resulted in a healthy baby! I have NO idea how that happens...I think the tubal pregnancy resulted in a the tube being removed. Crazy stuff!!!!

So so sorry mrsmoose and Kate.

Congrats lady luck and Mel.

As for the poly cystic ovary. With all my pregnancies I have developed a cyst from the side I ovulated from. Called a corpus leuteal cyst it's what produces the progesterone after ovulation and can be a good sign. If you had more than one folical that burst to release the egg you would therefore have more cysts. I wouldn't worry about it.

So sorry mrs moose and kate.. sending big hugs. Glad you other ladies had good scans. I have my first scan a week on tuesday cant wait to see a heartbeat. Xx

Hey ladies,
On a completely different topic, I got my first midwife appointment through yesterday. Very exciting! It's a group session where you get given loads of information and fill out forms etc.
Only problem is, the appointment is during work hours. I'm a teacher so cannot get time off work unless exceptional circumstances. I don't really want to let my boss know until I'm 12 weeks but do you think I'm going to have to? I can't think of another way around it!
Also, I'm going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. I'm dreading it! Worried about being sick and getting exhausted. I think pregnant women should have time off work for all of their first trimester! Haha.

Well, you're going to have lots of appointments from here on out. Might as well tell the people above you who deal with getting time off now so things are easier for you and them.

I have the same problem. We have a new head starting and I'm going to have to introduce myself and say by the way I have a midwifes appointment this week!

has anyone had days when they don't feel as sick? Had a few moments of nausea but nothing like the past few days when it has floored me. It has worried me

I have the same problem. We have a new head starting and I'm going to have to introduce myself and say by the way I have a midwifes appointment this week!

has anyone had days when they don't feel as sick? Had a few moments of nausea but nothing like the past few days when it has floored me. It has worried me

Haha snap! We have a new head at our school too! What an awkward first conversation!

Why are you worried? Has it been quite bad? Mine comes and goes. I have been sick a few times but not a lot. I've felt queasy and generally run down, especially more recently. I have spent the past week not doing much at all. Taking it easy, lying on the sofa a lot! I think going back to work is going to be a shock to the system. Hoping I don't get too sick. Just think - only about a month of this to go and it should ease off a bit!

Weren't you the one telling people not to worry about changing symptoms? ;) Mine have definitely been a little different every day. Some days I'm really sick and/or tired, some days my boobs or back hurt, some days it's fairly mild. Grab some extra hpts and take one if you're worried. :) A blazing line always makes me feel better! The last one I took was so strongly positive that the control line was almost nonexistent- all the dye got sucked into the test line. :haha:

I have still been spotting. This morning it was really bad. But now I feel like some of my symptoms are fading. Im truly worried. I put myself on bedrest amd trying to stay hydrated and sleep. I don't know what else to do.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything else you can do, MrsBB. :( If it's going to happen, it will, and there isn't anything you can do to stop it. And if it does happen, know that it's NOT your fault, and it's not because of anything you did or didn't do. :hugs:

I do hope you're wrong, and that there's another reason for the spotting and loss of symptoms. Stranger things have happened!

Hi ladies,
Well I had miscarriage back in October at 9.5 wks and now I'm pregnant again at 6wks so should be august baby. My pregnancy symptoms aren't as strong I don't feel as ill and nausea as I did with last pregnancy. All I have is sore breasts and frequent peeing, but my boobs feel less and less sore as days go by.

I'm petrified that I will miscarry again. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for losing another one as last time I was broken and I couldn't handle the news as I felt I had no real support my partner was a pain as if a robot with no emotions, didn't tell friends as they aren't very reliable and my family weren't happy I was pregnant before marriage.

My miscarriage started sudden with horrific bleeding at a restuarant then hours waiting in A&E left leaking in a chair in tears, kept me overnight sent home next morning to be hit with more pain and bleeding because tissue had not come out so had to have procedure done to stop pain and bleeding. So my year of being abused by my boss, broke because I had to leave the job, terrible anxiety disorder and anaemia and a new job that made work like a slave, meaning no breaks, short pay and long hours, so the MC was breaking point. And what happens when your broken? You pick up the pieces and carry on.

So now I can't help but think I'm going to lose my baby again, I'm still not over the hurt from losing him/her. I know there was nothing I or anyone can do to stop it. I want to be excited this time But every minute feels like a loooooooooong wait every loo trip is a panic with every tingle. Ache . Twinge. It's all horrible all I do is cry and think and cry. I don't know how to be positive other than eat well and try to keep healthy for the baby that I so badly want to have.

Wookie - I hope im wrong too. It kinda feels like a bad uti. Tomorrow we will know for sure. My doctors appointment is then.

MrsBB, you still haven't gotten your hcg results?? Do what you need to do. Unfortunately, bed rest or anything else won't stop it if that's what is really happening right now.

:hugs: Lady!

How're you doing, Wookie?

Hi, Busy. Sorry you had such a traumatic experience before. One day at a time!

7 weeks today here. But the farthest I've gone is 7w4d, so I'm expecting this week to be the hardest. I really should have just ordered a couple dozen ICs so I could have them for this week! Lol.

Lady and Mrs Bb spotting is normal but with pal we assume the worst. Really hope it stops and you get some answers.

Welcome busybee. That sounds horrific. Another lady I know on here went through a similar experience and had her rainbow when I had mine. One day at a time.

Bib happy milestone day 7 week's. Technically by ovulation I'm 7 weeks too. Can you pic up any hpts just to see you through.

Well I can't sleep. Scan at 1120 am this morning it's now 2 am. Pregnancy insomnia is a good sign for me which usually appears at 7 week's. I think tonight it's down to the pizza for supper giving me heartburn and worrying about the scan. Trying not to get my hopes up but I've felt really pregnant today. Nausea, sore boobs, dizziness. Extreme fatigue the lot. Will update when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->