August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Hope everything's ok, Mel.

We've known for a few weeks what it is. :) Of course, I keep having nightmares that the blood test was wrong. :haha: It'll be nice to have our ultrasound and get confirmation that way, too!

Found out today we are :pink:!! I'm very excited to go out and buy girl clothes!

Yay literati!! Congrats on team pink!! I haven't really bought much yet, I've been trying to decide on the bedding I want lol!

Hi :)

I'm kind of new, I read but dont post often

5 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost one of my tubes, I have since had a son who is 4, and am due at the end of August with this one

Even though I've had a baby since I'm still so so nervous, I just cant relax

I've got my 20 week scan next week, and am pretty nervous about that, though in the last week I've started to feel movement which feels pretty good

Sometimes I just want to talk to someone who understand

Hi shmunster! We all totally understand. Even at this point where I am starting to feel the baby move a little I still worry something will happen! But having these girls here for support is very helpful! :flower:

Shmunster - I totally understand your anxiety. I was really nervous for my ultrasound as well but more than likely your baby will be perfectly healthy!

Mel - ah, yes, bedding! We are going with a jungle theme for the nursery but we haven't bought anything for it yet. We did, however, just run out and buy way too many girl clothes! Hehe!

Thanks girls, its such a weird feeling, I'd love to have one of those carefree excited type pregnancies!

Hey girls! I had my 20 week anatomy scan yesterday, and while everything looked great with my little man, it was discovered that he has a 2 vessel cord (Single Umbilical Artery), which can indicate issues. I am scheduled for a level 2 ultrasound next week at the University of Iowa Hospital, for further investigation. No one in my OB office seemed terribly concerned, and I was reassured that most babies with this are fine. Well, Dr. Google tells me otherwise, and I'm very worried.

I dont know much about the cord but I do know that way more bad experiences get put on the Internet than good ones, so evil Dr google will always tell you more bad stories than good, it's definitely a good thing that the ob wasn't very concerned :)

Wookie I agree with shmunster, don't get caught up on what google says. It is EVIL. Look at it this way if your doc isn't too concerned then you just are a lucky girl who gets to see her baby again real soon.

Make sure to keep us in the loop of whats going on!

shmunster- what day is your scan? I totally understand being worried, but Im sure everything is just fine :) Im here if you want to chat :) When is your due date?

Literati_Love yaaah for your little lady. Did you want a girl?

AFM, so excited for our anatomy scan tomorrow. We are bringing our moms who are also super excited :) Not finding out the gender but I really want to see my lil baby!!

Wookie - Sorry to hear they found an issue at your scan. However, I agree with everyone that Dr. Google is good to stay away from. Besides, in my brief google (made with unbiased non worried mom eyes) it did appear that in the vast majority of cases it indicates no problem at all, and the rest of the time it can indicate an abnormality, but many of those are not life-threatening or severe. So you still have a very high chance of a healthy baby! It's only normal to be worried but I do hope your level 2 ultrasound provides you with the reassurance you need. Keep us posted! :hugs: Hang in there. Your little guy is going to be okay!

Krystina - Yes, I was definitely hoping for a girl!!

Enjoy your ultrasound tomorrow! That will be nice to have your moms there to see the baby as well.

krystinab, thank you :) My due date is the 25th and my scan is on thurs, I'm in Australia, so I think our thurs is your friday though!

Good luck with your scan too!

Wookie sorry to hear bump is not behaving. What can 2 vessels indicate? When is your next scan will they tell u more then?

Thanks for the encouragement, girls! :)

A 2 vessel cord (most of the time referred to as SUA, or Single Umbilical Artery), can be a soft marker for genetic/chromosomal abnormalities (and according to the MaterniT21 test results, baby is "normal"), and often these babies have heart defects, gastrointestional defects, kidney issues, VATER syndrome, low birth weight, and often arrive prematurely. In MOST cases, roughly 75%, the only concern is just I.U.G.R. (interuterine growth restriction), and the baby needs close growth monitoring, frequent scans, NST's, to make sure he/she is still growing in utero. If not, then he/she must arrive early.

Honestly, my OB/ultrasound tech said that it's usually just a wierd occurrence in nature, and most SUA babies are born healthy, at term, and fine. I'm really hoping since a lot of genetic abnormalities have been ruled out, that this is the case with my Oscar, and that his growth will need monitoring later in the pregnancy. There were no red flags on our regular 20 week scan, either, that would indicate a problem with his development. He's actually measuring ahead.

I just continue to pray, and hope that Thursday comes quickly next week.

Viet- I can't WAIT to hear about the arrival of Baby Vietmamsie!!!

So looking back at the first page with our August rainbows, mAny people haven't posted in a while. I hope those girls and their pregnancies are doing well!!

Hi ladies,

How are you all doing? Sorry to hear about your problem wookie. Like you said, hopefully all will be ok and you'll have your healthy little boy! Must be worrying though,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been so busy! Pregnancy seems to be going well. Bump is gradually growing and I love feeling the little one moving about! I have my 20 week scan next week (at 21 weeks grr!) and it can't come quick enough! Although everything has been fine so far, I still can't help but worry! It'll also be nice having the sex confirmed!

Hope you're all well ladies. Half way there now!

Glad you're doing well MrsD! I still can't believe we are at the halfway point!! We will all have our rainbows soon!

Hi ladies !!

It's been ages since I last posted I had to stay away from google and chill the hell out lol I was a nervous wreck but luckily feeling much better. Pregnancy is going well and she (yes I'm having a girl) seems healthy so far. She's the first girl in the family as I have a bunch of nephews so very happy news for my sisters who can't wait to have a little niece.

I hope all you ladies are well and pregnancy is going well for you, with very step of pregnancy and motherhood there's a new stress so us moms are literally goddesses to cope with it all!

I will post again soon...

Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back