August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Whoohoo for the ladies who are pregnant AGAIN!!! Congrats to Tess and Leinz!!!

An update from me...

Some of you may know that I had to have a level II ultrasound after my regular ultrasound tech discovered that my baby only has a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel cord. I had it done today, and all is well with baby Oscar! :happydance: There are no detected heart or kidney problems, and he's great. The only thing they'll need to watch for, is that he continues to grow in the third trimester, and if he starts slowing down, it'll merit some growth scans. We are thrilled that all is well with our son!

Congrats on the little girl Shmunster!

Glad your little boy is doing well Wookie!! That's a scary thing but I'm so happy he is healthy!!

Wookie - I am so very happy to hear that your DS is doing well! Yay! What a relief.

That's great, MrsD! I'm happy for you! May I ask why you get a scan at 36 weeks? Is that normal where you're from?

Good news all round! Congratulations to the ladies who are pregnant again. And congratulations Wookie. Excellent news!

Thanks for updating the front page Mel. There's lots for team pink! Plus me and you - same gender, same due date!

Literati - In the UK it is normal to get a scan at 36 weeks. They call it a growth scan. I think they just check the size of the baby and the position etc. I'm surprised it's so close to when the baby is due though!

Congrats, Shmunster!

Glad everything's ok, Wookie. Hate that they had to worry you some, though!

Our scan is finally on Tuesday. So ready to see something that actually looks like a human this time. :haha:

I still think the babies look weird! Lol! She opened her mouth for us and I'm like "omg that's so creepy!" lol. But definitely more human than at the early stages. I had my first scan at 7+3 and it looked like a little gummy bear lol.

Lol! We only have the 8 week scan, so it definitely didn't look human at that point.

Everything looked great today. :) Little stinker didn't really want to take his arm away from his face, though. Measured 2 days ahead, so maybe my feeling that we'll go a week overdue will be wrong. (I'm trying to figure out how he measures ahead, even by a little, when I'm on the verge of the 'not gaining enough weight' end of things.)

I feel you! Little girl is measuring 5 days ahead and I think I'm at my starting weight now since my appetite is back. They haven't complained about my weight but I still don't know how she's measuring ahead

I'm worried about my bump being too big. My 20 weeks scan measured fine but the amount of people that say wow you're huge is worrying me!

Lady, I wouldn't worry about the size of your bump...the only opinion that matters there, is your OB's or midwive's opinion. Otherwise, it's like people generally lose their filter around pregnant people, and think it's acceptable to say any old thing that pops into their heads, minus any tact whatsoever! :rofl:

Don't worry! I was utterly GINORMOUS with my Hannah, and she was a 6 lb. 11 oz. baby. The size of the bump doesn't necessarily indicate anything at all.

Biblio - I doubt that measuring 2 days ahead means that you won't go overdue. You could just have a big baby. But I do hope you don't go a week overdue if that's not what you want! I certainly hope not to go more than a few days overdue.

Ladyluck - The fact is that people are really dumb. I finally started showing at 20 weeks after everyone told me I didn't even look pregnant for so long, and now everyone is telling me I am "HUGE" as well. People just have very bad descriptors...and, as wookie said, zero filter. My fundal height has been measuring exactly on track, my scan was good, I've gained the exactly average amount of weight, and my bump is smaller than most people I know at almost 24 weeks...but somehow people see a bump and like to equate it with being "HUGE." Basically, people are idiots. Learn to tune them out and do NOT worry about it at all! Your bump is a perfect size - I guarantee it.

Wookie - Ugh, you are so right about people losing their filter/tact around pregnant people! Argh! and I think big bumps are gorgeous!

Is everyone getting some cute maternity shirts or dresses to show off their bump? I did some shopping this weekend and bought some maxi dresses which I can't wait to wear in the summer (and for those you don't even need to get maternity sizes)!

I'm going to get some maxis soon, but no rush. I am on the lookout for a cute dress for my shower. Haven't seen anything I'm in love with yet, but I still have a couple months before I need it.

Not really worried about going late. I'm assuming I will, but it won't make a difference until closer to 42 weeks when we have to think about not being able to birth at home anymore. (State law- no home births after 42)

My bump looks huge just for the fact that I'm plus size. No one has said anything, and they need to keep it that way lol!

I need to get myself at least 3 dress: one for my rehearsal dinner for my wedding, one for my baby shower, and one for my best friends rehearsal dinner for her wedding. I have one dress that I think will still fit that I will probably wear for my friends dinner.

Baby has been moving a lot more, and my fiancé is still weirded out about trying to feel the baby. He doesn't want to and it makes me sad :(

I completely agree with you ladies. People feel they can get away with saying anything just because you're pregnant! I've had the opposite. People keep saying my bump looks tiny. It doesn't feel tiny to me! The stuff people come out with - they think they can ask you anything and you will give them an answer, they think it's fine to touch your bump whenever they want to and everything is always pregnancy related!
Mel - why doesn't your partner want to feel the baby move? Does he find it weird? My hubby likes feeling the baby move but I don't want to keep telling him every single time she moves incase he gets fed up with it!

I have no idea what his issue is! He says it would be weird to see the movement, he tried feeling once and only did it for a minute and was like "no I can't this is weird." It really upsets me :(

My husband is the other way round. I feel a kick and tell him and he has only felt him 3 times as when he puts his hands on me the baby stops. I'm hoping this daddy calming action is going to carry on after the birth!

Thanks for your comments about my 'huge' bump I had worried myself so much that he might be big because of gestational diabetes that I went and had my blood checked but that has come back normal. So I'm hoping people are just rude and that he is the right size. I don't fancy pushing out a giant!

Lol it took hubby a while to feel Spawn for that same reason... Kid stopped whenever hubby had his hand on. I think it was more that he was resting the weight of his hand there, though, instead of just kind of hovering- if that makes sense- and Spawn doesn't move as much when someone's squishing down on him.

At first baby was like that for my husband as well! I agree it does have something to do with the weight of their hands. But now baby LOVES her daddy and if he talks to her she gets EXTREMELY excited and kicks and wiggles more than she ever does otherwise! It is actually the sweetest thing. She is definitely going to be a daddy's girl!

Lady - sorry to hear those comments made you worried about GD. People really are just dumb. I am sure your baby is the right size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->