August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Mel you are lucky we don't get to hear the heartbeat with our midwives until 20+ weeks. X. Hence why I bought a Doppler. Lol. C

20+ weeks?!? Oh my! Usually after 12 here they listen to it at every appointment. As long as there are no complications we usually get one scan at 20 weeks to see the gender. My fiancé keeps trying to make sure I don't worry and to stay positive about everything. It's so hard but I'm trying!

I normally book extra scans because I'm a worrier too. Its always nice to any have a 4 week wait in between scans. Xx my last pregnancy I managed to be a lot more laid back but that ended in heartache so now I'm super anxious and cautious again but I can't help it either. Xx

How is everyone doing?

After my panic about an ectopic, and due to my awful experience back in August, I've just had an early scan.

It's too early to see a heartbeat or a baby but the sonographer said everything is looking really good. Sac is in the right place and my tubes are clear. She's booked me in for another scan at the end of the month where hopefully I'll see the heartbeat! And then I can relax. She thinks I'm about 5 weeks, 4 days.

It's been such a relief as I was so scared of having an ectopic. My operation in August made me really paranoid! Just hope everything goes ok on the next scan! I feel like I can relax and enjoy Christmas a bit now!

How is everyone doing?

After my panic about an ectopic, and due to my awful experience back in August, I've just had an early scan.

It's too early to see a heartbeat or a baby but the sonographer said everything is looking really good. Sac is in the right place and my tubes are clear. She's booked me in for another scan at the end of the month where hopefully I'll see the heartbeat! And then I can relax. She thinks I'm about 5 weeks, 4 days.

It's been such a relief as I was so scared of having an ectopic. My operation in August made me really paranoid! Just hope everything goes ok on the next scan! I feel like I can relax and enjoy Christmas a bit now!

Aww that's good. At least you can relax and enjoy Christmas as you said. There'snothing worse than sitting worrying. X .

I def think someone should invent at home scan machines. Lol. X. It would save is a whole lot of worry. X

Haha home scans would be great! I'm glad everything is going go Mrs D. I took my last clear blue digital and I got a 3+ yesterday at 5 weeks! Makes me feel a lot better. But last time the baby stopped at 8 weeks so as long as I make it past 8 I think I will finally feel worry free

We went to the doctor yesterday morning. We saw and heard a heartbeat and a little peanut! The ultrasound put us at 6 weeks and 1 day but the OB is still giving us an August 7th due date based off of my last period (October 31st).

Hoping and praying this little one stays with us.

Hi ladies this is technically not my rainbow. My rainbow after three mmcs is Isla who is now almost 11 months old. So I don't know what to call this one other than a surprise. I'm still having all the wobbles of a pregnancy after loss. I'm due august 22nd by lmp.

Congrats Debzie! Good to see you!

AFM: I think I'm not having this bean. 1-2 digi, faint lines on two test brands. It doesn't look like this bean is sticking. There aren't many positive outcomes that come with this scenario.

I hope, but I'm broken.

Debzie-congrats!

Leinzlove- so sorry you're losing hope. Do you have AF symptoms with my two early losses, I kept getting faint lines but also had strong AF symptoms. Faint positive and low digis don't necessarily mean anything. Someone on the waiting to ov board had a 1-2 digi and then got a
Beta of 8000 a few days later, so they truly are not a reliable diagnostic tool. Could you go do a beta?

Mel- yay! 3+ must feel so good!

Afm- I've been feeling really queasy off and on and have thrown up (empty stomach) twice. I'm so grateful that I feel sick. I'm surprised that I feel ms so early.

Jill- great news! So lucky that you got an early scan!

LL- maybe you can ask your dr to try listening to te heartbeat. She knows about your losses and is pretty sympathetic right? Nothing to lose!

Hi! I'd like to join in here. :) Due August 24th ish. Currently 4w4d, taking prometrium and baby aspirin (mostly for my own sanity). My first appointment isn't until the 13th of next month, though, and I'm starting to get nervous about it. It's so far away and I really don't want it to be bad news.

Hi biblio! I definitely understand where you're coming from but you have to stay positive! That's the good thing about having this thread, positivity!! :)

AFM - I'm still getting diarrhea on the daily ugh. Guess it's my form of morning sickness lol

So far we're doing pretty well with staying positive. There isn't a problem until there is a problem. :) But the appointment is a hard one since I've never made it to my first official appointment. Otherwise, things are progressing differently enough that I feel pretty good.

Yuck, that doesn't sound fun! I hope it goes away soon.

Leinz - So sorry you are losing hope. The digis definitely aren't accurate as I had a similar scare with one and it ended up that my betas were actually very good. Have you spoken to your doctor yet? Maybe he/she could do some blood work or get you in for an early scan? So sorry hunn. :hugs:

Arabelle - Glad you hear the ms is kicking in early for you! That's a really good sign but I hope it doesn't get too unbearable for you.
Yeah, maybe she'd try to listen to the heartbeat if I asked but I know it's early to hear anything and I have a retroverted uterus so if I didn't hear anything I might worry more. I'm hoping she'll fit me in for an ultrasound around 9 or 10 weeks instead of making me wait til 12. I'm feeling a little worried today because I've been less nauseous than usual. However, I am *hoping* against all hopes that it's because I got so much sleep last night (a 3-hour nap and then 11 hours of sleep at night). I'm praying for some bad nausea tomorrow to make me feel better.

Bibliophile - Welcome here. Sorry you're feeling nervous about waiting so long for your first appointment. :( I, too, am anxious about making it to my first appointment (on the 30th) but hopefully all goes well.

I haven't read everything, but I'm due August 4th. This is my 7th pregnancy, and the absolute furthest that I've ever made it!

I've already announced to the world, since I'm sick to death of only announcing miscarriages. I chose to share my joy this time and enjoy every moment!!

Dodger - That's great you've chosen to celebrate every moment of this pregnancy and let other people join in as well. I really hope this is finally your rainbow baby.

Dodger: Eeeek how exciting! This is the rainbow that goes all the way!!!!

AFM: I won't get beta's. I will not be seen until 8 weeks. I have stepped back from testing. No strong AF cramps here... Cramps since 3dpo, headaches, sore boobs... DH says I'm paranoid. I'm just going one day at a time.

I've had 2 losses... An early loss in October at 4+5, and a MMC March 2012 at 9w2d.

It's so nice to see familiar faces in here! Biblio, Debzie (we have the same EDD!!!), and Leinz (I'm praying for you!!!)...I hope we all continue to hang on to these beans, and have more rainbows!

Dodger, I know you too!!!!!!!! Sending tons of prayers your way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"