August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

I guess I'm not too worried about the birth, as this isn't my first rodeo, and I have c-sections, and not vaginal birth. It's a rough recovery, but I do know what to experience with it, having done it before.

My heartburn has been terrible! I am on prescription Zantac for it, and today, it's not working terribly well. Usually it helps, but not today.

I am very tired this time. I mean really, really, really tired. And it's super hard with an almost 15 month-old toddler. It is HARD!!!!!

I'm really tired too, wookie! I am accomplishing next to nothing these days and frequently wonder how I will ever survive being pregnant while also looking after a child!!!! So good for you for managing it even though it must be so tough!!!!

Heartburn! And baby has recently found a rib he enjoys kicking... Some back aches and once a week or so, my hips hurt so bad I can't sleep. But yoga has helped with those!

I've read the hypnobirthing book. I like it, but I did feel like it was asking for a LOT of time to practice every day. Which kind of felt like a lot of pressure. We're taking the Birthing From Within class, and they have a really good book I'd recommend reading. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering are good, too. They're all focused on natural, intervention free childbirth. We've had to think a lot about the birth part since we're planning a home birth.
I'm ready! I keep telling hubby that if I woke up tomorrow and we were full term, I'd be happy. :haha:

Wow I don't feel ready at all. Really need to get myself organised!

Hey ladies. Luckily I am not really experiencing heartburn but I do have major vag pain....its really horrible....my OB told me to prepare for it to get worst :( Has anyone had their babyshower already? Mine is coming up on 7/12; even though its a month away Im super excited.

I have one on the 28th and one on the 29th. And then the returning and shopping begins. Lol!

Nope, no shower for me, as my first baby is only 15 months old (tomorrow!), and we really don't NEED anything at this point, except perhaps a double stroller.

I'm going to need to carve out a chunk of space in the garage to store things as we don't need them anymore so they're ready if we have another one. I know someone whose kids are less than 2 years apart and just because #1 was a boy and #2 was a girl, she got rid of EVERYTHING and had another shower so she could get all 'girl' stuff instead. :dohh:

That's why all of the major purchases, including how we chose to decorate the nursery, were done in gender neutral themes and colors...we knew we were going to try for #2 once Hannah was around 9 months old, and we're glad we chose to go with the neutral stuff, as it will work with our son!

Hi ladies!! Just got married over the weekend! Everything turned out beautifully! I just wish I wasnt pregnant so I could have danced more! My feet, back, and pelvis was really feeling it!

I had an ultrasound monday and our girl is measuring a week ahead and roughly 4lbs! Holy cow!

Mel - congrats on your wedding! Sorry to hear you weren't able to dance as much as you'd like! This third trimester is definitely hard on the body!

Wookie - yep, even though we know we're having a girl we are keeping the nursery gender neutral so we don't have to change anything if the next baby is a boy!

Congrats, Mel!

We've kept everything (clothes, too) gender neutral. Mostly because we don't want to put the kid in a box and tell him he likes certain things before he's got the chance to figure it out himself. But it will be nice to have everything for the next time around.

We went all girly with Hannah's clothes, I guess. The big purchases, such as the bedding, stroller/carseat, pack and play, high chair, etc., work nicely for a boy or girl. But I will say that we have tubs upon tubs of girl clothes in the basement, ready to give a friend who may be having a little girl! We haven't gone as crazy with Oscar's wardrobe...shopping for the little boys just isn't as easy, as there are quite a few outfits out there that are completely stupid for boys, IMO. Girl clothing is far more abundant, and boys...well, it's slim pickins'. LOL!

I really want to go crazy with my little girl's wardrobe but I know we'll get lots of gifts so I don't want to go overboard. I definitely have snagged some cute finds, though!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Our nursery is neutral with a 'Guess How Much I Love You' theme but most of her clothes are girly. We are very lucky as I have a friend who gave me 3 massive sacks of baby clothes for only £30. It means we haven't had to buy a thing!

Hope you all are doing well! Soon we will be seeing our little rainbows!!

I'll be seeing mine on or before August 15th, at 10:00 a.m., as that's my c-section date (unless he decides to show up early)! :)

Ah that's exciting!! If he does show earlier are you doing vaginally or still having a C-section? My doctors are considering C-section because my little one is measuring too big at this point! I have another ultrasound at 36 weeks and they'll do a pelvic exam to see what I am able to push out.

Do some research on your own, Mel. There's some debate about the pelvic exam being inaccurate, especially since they do it on your back. :)

32 week checkup today. Time to start hanging things on the nursery walls and getting everything ready!

If Oscar decides to come early, he'll be delivered via c-section then. I had a planned c-section with Hannah due to a marginal placenta previa, and it was great! Recovery is a different story, but hey, it's doable. There is only 17 months between my c-sections, therefore I'm not a great candidate for a VBAC, and quite frankly, I'm not terribly interested in having one anyway. I'm happy to leave my vajaybird right out of the equation, thank you very much.

You know, Mel, a big baby is actually an excellent reason to have a c-section. The whole "your pelvic is made to accommodate a big baby thing" is often a fallacy of natural childbirth rhetoric, and many a large baby has gotten stuck in the birth canal, or experienced shoulder dystocia, etc. I think if it's gotta be that way, that's what's gotta be, you know? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->