August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Oh, I wouldn't get too discouraged about DH getting all weirded out over your movements and stuff. That's typical man-fare, if you ask me. Some guys are just squeamish about that stuff. If he can't handle feeling the baby move or watching the movements, he hasn't seem anything yet. Wait until he sees you crowning during the delivery. EEEKKKKK!!!! :rofl:

Hahah right!! He claims he won't look down when it all happens lol! He comes home tomorrow and I WILL get him to feel lol, even if it's on accident haha. She's been moving a lot more lately, I even saw my stomach poke out yesterday! Just once tho but I was like WOAH

I can't wait to see that! I sometimes can feel a hard lump of baby pushing at the side and my bump is a bit to the side but I have no idea if it's bum or head how do midwifes tell?

Hi ladies hope you are all doing well!!

Yesterday was V-day for me and I am very excited to have made it this far! Been getting a lot more movement, probably the only thing I have liked about pregnancy!

My wedding is a little over 5 weeks away!! Time is moving way too fast! Starting to get super nervous. Really hoping my dress fits well enough, but we shall see! We have a plan B with my mom adding on fabric for me so I hope it works out.

My mom and MIL are planning my shower for June 28th. Little early but I have a lot going on with my friend getting married in July. I'll be 32 weeks along so I figure that's not too early?

Not too early at all! Mine is on the 28th as well and I'd kind of prefer it earlier, honestly. Mostly because after the shower there will be lots of returning and exchanging and figuring out what we absolutely still need and what can wait for a while (If you've ever had a registry before... People have a REALLY hard time using them no matter how simple you make them). But, we also have to travel for mine, so it'll take extra time for us just to go to it- and probably lots of time after we get home for me to rest and recover!

It doesn't sound too early for a shower. I won't be having mine until after the baby is born, though.

Good luck with your wedding prep, mel! I know how crazy the last month can be...I can't imagine how much more stressful it would be while pregnant!

We are at the point where we are just figuring out how to decorate. I bought fake flowers for everyone because I didn't want to spend money for real flowers lol! I'm trying my best to stay cheap on everything. I can't wait to post some pictures!

My mom would really prefer that I have mine after the baby's here, too. She had a stillbirth, so it makes complete sense. But we're not going back up until baby's a couple of months old and we'll have bought everything we need by then. (Not that showers are all about stuff... But they kind of are, especially when you tell your mom it's ok to invite bunch of her friends that you haven't seen much of since high school. ;) ) And I'm not so fond of the idea of passing newborns around to loads of people.

Mel, my V-day was yesterday too! Yay!

I FINALLY got my prescription for liquid Zantac yesterday, so that was nice. Boy, does it ever work well! No more heartburn hell for this mom! :happydance:

Tums are still working for me. There are days I get horrible heartburn, and others I just have a little bit of indigestion. Even tho I go through a lot of tums lol! I'm half way through my 4th bottle this pregnancy

I had heartburn for the first time this week.....gaviscon.....YUK!

Biblio - My mom had a stillbirth as well, and so did my Sis-in-law and a cousin, so that is actually the reason I want a baby shower after. I don't want the stress of writing thank you cards or returning gifts if something so awful were to happen. I wish I weren't so paranoid, but I can't help it. I think it's nice to have it beforehand to know for sure that you have everything before baby is born, so I think it's good you're still having one before!

Glad everyone is going well, I'm still plodding along, my hips ache, my tummy has seperated so I get to wear support bands, but I guess all in all its not too bad, just not allowed to do too much

I'm getting closer to V day (now I know what it is, I had to look it up lol!) Wish I was closer to D day though!

Mel, how exciting getting so close to the wedding, I'd love to see pics :)

My hubby has felt a few kicks while we lie in bed, doesnt seem to freak him out but then he isnt one to get weirded out very easily

We cleaned out the spare room over Easter for the baby then I got all nervous and put some of the junk back in there, just for a while!

Makes sense, Literati! I'm sure everything will be fine for you, though.

I was too paranoid to have a shower with my first, and now I'd feel silly having one for my second! And I think still just a bit too worried, but yeah maybe a baby welcoming would be better

Shmun - you totally deserve a meet-the-baby shower if you didn't have one at all with your first! People love to come see the baby so they wouldn't mind that it's your second.

Hey, how's everyone doing? No one has posted for a while so I thought I would check in with everyone!

I'm good. 30 weeks on Tuesday and so excited to be in the 3rd trimester! Getting organised with just last few bits to buy for the baby, counting down the weeks until I finish work and getting very excited!

I have had a few more annoying pregnancy symptoms lately. I've had a clicking jaw, which is really horrid. Acid reflux especially in my throat, eczema still and bad back pain! The back ache is particularly bad when I am at work as I am a teacher and work with 5 year olds!

How's everyone feeling about giving birth? I have been so excited about being a mum it hasn't been until recently that I've actually thought about getting the baby out!! I want to be as relaxed as possible. I'm not normally into this sort of thing but was wondering if anyone else has looked at hypnobirthing? I just want a few relaxation techniques so it is more of a case of mind over matter. Anything is worth a try!

Hope you're all well ladies. Not long to go now!

Mrs D - Hey there! Yes, isn't it SO exciting to be in the 3rd trimester finally? I am 31 weeks now and also feeling very excited.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant side effects! I've also been experiencing more back pain recently...and whereas before it was only really low (in my S.I. joint), I am now also experiencing pain in my mid back, upper back, shoulders, etc! It's not severe but I definitely have to make sure I'm always in a very comfortable chair/position.

The acid reflux sounds terrible. I am getting heartburn sometimes but thankfully it hasn't transitioned to acid reflux.

I am finding myself really uncomfortable and am having difficulty getting around easily. I feel like a beached whale!

I have also not really thought too much about actually giving birth. I just finished taking birthing class which has helped prepare me, but I feel like I'm still in denial that I am actually going to have to go through it. Personally, for me I think the denial is probably healthier than freaking out about it!

I have not looked into hypnobirthing at all although I know a few people who have taken the classes. Not sure how it worked for them.

Have you learned breathing techniques at all?

How is everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->