August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

I was against a C-section but after doing research based on the size of the baby, I'm more welcomed to it. The doctor even told me they don't want her shoulders getting stuck and causing more problems. I won't say no if that's what they think is best!

I wasn't trying to get into any rhetoric or sway you. :) Just that it's a good idea to look at both sides of any choice before deciding and I know some doctors can be pretty pushy with their opinions and not letting you ask questions or hear both pros and cons of what they want to do. Whatever you end up doing will be best for you and your baby!

Biblio, I wasn't implying that you were trying to sway Mel, so please know that I made my statement to her with only my own opinion in mind! :) :flower:

I'm not the world's crunchiest mother, I'll admit. But I do still stand by the comment I made earlier about big babies and pelvises. There are some risks to trying deliver a large baby vaginally, but having said THAT, women do do it all of the time, and if you try, and things aren't going well, then I suppose that's when the doctor will make the call to proceed with a c-section. It is kind of a "wait-and-see" scenario!

I'm sure you and your dr will make the best decision for you and your baby, Mel! I do tend to agree with wookie.

I had to go for a non-stress test this week because baby's heart rate was elevated at my dr's appointment, but thankfully all is well and there's nothing to worry about. :)

Has anyone had their baby yet? Is everyone on labour watch? Any progress to report?

Doesn't look like any of us have had babies yet...I've had some issues with having contractions (the real thing...OUCH!), but nothing regular, and my cervix is still closed. Otherwise, all systems are still a-go for my c-section on August 15th...

Hey ladies...no baby here yet either...but i am counting down the days. is anyone on maternity leave yet???

soooo exciting wookie130 that you will get to see your baby in a few weeks!

I am having some contractions as well! I don't really know how to define real vs BH because I am a FTM but they are definitely intense! I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced at 36 weeks but my dr hasn't checked again. I am sure I have made more progress though with all the strong BHs and also cervical pains!

I have officially been on mat leave for a little over a week now! Our nursery is almost completely finished...I am just washing the most recent gifts we've received and we have to hang a few decorations. Does everyone else have their nurseries prepped?

I have only 10 days until my due date but I guess technically it could be up to 20 days before I am induced if she is really stubborn.

So exciting that you have an actual date for your baby's arrival (unless your body is too impatient), wookie! That is wonderful.

When do you go on mat leave, krystina?

Hey ladies.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well, although no babies yet! I had my 36 week growth scan last week and baby is measuring small. Everything else is healthy though - heartbeat, blood flow, fetal movements etc.

I am going back for a scan on Friday to check growth, blood flow etc. and they are looking to induce around 38 weeks. So about a week away! The doctors didn't seem worried, although I've been panicking! They said baby will thrive better outside than in. They also think baby is underweight because placenta is starting to fail.

Although this was a shock to us at first, I now want a date to be induced. I just want her to get here safe and sound. So although baby wasn't due until 19th August, it looks like we are going to meet her sooner than anticipated!

Literati_Love - like you I really cant tell the BH from actual contractions. Its so exciting you are dilating and your nursery is almost finished :) I know you are anxious to meet your little one!!

Wookie- Im jelly you know exactly when your baby is coming :D

I start working from home next Monday and the plan is to do so until the baby comes. We dont have maternity leave at my job. Instead I have to use short term disability and my personal leave. Luckily, I have enough for 12 weeks!

Mrs D - That is a bit scary about your baby being small because of a failing placenta! I am glad they caught this and are doing everything in their power to make sure baby will thrive. That is both nerve-wracking and exciting to find out she is going to be coming 2 weeks early! Good luck!

Krystina - That is good that you can at least work from home until your baby arrives! I definitely find WFH more relaxing than being at work. It's good you'll be able to take 12 weeks of leave, although I know that would be really hard to go back to work after 12 weeks. :(

Hi girls! I also had a hard time figuring out between BH and the real thing. Initially at 36 weeks I was told I was 1cm but now they are saying at 37 I'm still closed. My blood pressure was high so I go in thursday morning to get checked out again. Baby is still measuring big, 7lbs 2oz at 36 weeks but there hasn't been talk about a c section again. I hate being in the dark about everything. Doctor only tells me it could be any day now

Hi ladies wanted to give a quick update on everyone!

I took off some ladies on the first page. Some haven't updated since April/May so I'm not sure if we will be getting any updates from them. Hope they are doing well!

dodgercpkl had her baby July 31st!! Baby girl named Leandra!

I saw MrsD will be induced today so hopefully her baby will be here soon!!

As for me: The last couple of appointments I've had I've been experiencing high blood pressure. I was sent to the hospital July 31st but my pressure stayed normal and all my blood work was fine so as of right now they are ruling out pre e. I had an appointment Monday and again, my blood pressure was high. Tomorrow I go in for NST monitoring. I'm not sure what to expect next. I'm sure if my blood pressure is high again they will schedule an induction. Wish I knew at this point! I'm still not dilated at all. Been walking and having sex so hopefully something gets this baby moving soon!

Hope you ladies are doing well!

Mel -sorry to hear about your high blood pressure. I hope it goes down for you. Keep us updated! At least an induction would mean you'll meet your LO pretty soon!

Thanks for the update on babies being born, too! Congrats to the new moms!

Hoping we all go into labour soon!

mel28- did you ever have HB before pregnancy? Hopefully everything will work out and you wont need an induction. :flower:

Literati- have you dilated at all?

AFM, nothing really going on. Been having BH & menstrual like cramps but since I can breathe through them and go to sleep, I know its not the real thing...LOL Like you Mel I haven't dilated either...smh...

(crazy note) my mom is convinced I will have the baby this weekend due to the super moon...LOL

Krys- yesterday I was 1-2 cm and 80% effaced! I got a membrane sweep at my appointment yesterday as well.

I hope your mom is right!

I've never had high BP before being pregnant and not at all up until my 37 week appointment. So strange.

Good luck literati! Hopefully it happens this weekend!

OMG so many babies will be born over the next couple of weeks. SO EXCITING!!

One week from today I meet my little Oscar! <3 I'm excited!

(Oh, he may come earlier than that, but I would like to stay on schedule, I guess!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->