August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Ladies - I had my scan today! Everything is looking good and the baby has a healthy little heartbeat! They think I'm around 7 weeks and EDD around 19th August. I was so nervous beforehand, almost expecting something to be wrong. So I'm so relieved now and feel like I can start getting excited!

WOOOHOOOO!!!! I swear with my first u/s my blood pressure was sky high because I was soooo nervous! Glad to hear everything is great!! :happydance:

Welcome, new ladies! I also had some brown spotting this time around, from 11 dpo- 13 dpo, and it subsided. I have no idea if all is well with my pregnancy, but I'll find out on January 8th, when I get my scan!

My $0.02 about Dopplers...

SINGLE. BEST. PREGNANCY. PURCHASE. EVER.

I also have a Sonoline B, which is out on loan to a good preggo friend of mine currently, but I'll be taking it back in the next few weeks, if all continues going well with my bean. Were there obsessive times with it? Oh, yes. Did it give me a deep feeling of reassurance that all was going well? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!! I listened to my daughter's heartbeat twice a day with it, and it really gave me a sense of relaxation and peace about what was happening inside of me. I think for those of us who are PAL or PARL, we should take advantage of whatever comfort we can, and what better comfort is there than hearing your baby's heart beating away? I loved it, and would recommend it to anyone, particularly the Sonoline B. What a wonderful thing it is!!!

Totally agree!! Oh man, to see that huge smile blossom over my husband's face when we hear it? BEST.FEELING.EVER!!!

Thanks ladies for all the replies. Today im spotting red blood. I'm scared im losing this one too.

*big hugs* Praying that everything is ok. Keep us posted on how things go today. :hugs:

AFM - I had my first dr's appt today which went well. And my first ultrasound is booked (the only one I'll get til 20 weeks) for Wed, Jan 8th when I will be 9+5.

I'm not sure about internationally, but my SIL had to purchase the one she bought us on Ebay and it came fast and no issues at all. YAY for an u/s soon! <3

AFM: I am 9+1 today and will be getting to see our little gumdrop in just 8 hours!!! I can't wait to see how he/she has grown!! :cloud9:

Hoping everything is ok MrsBB.
I can't believe you're bleeding but they won't scan you until Monday. My doctors are usually rubbish but they did get me a scan next day. Hopefully your hormone levels will give you some answers.

Well today hopefully its a good sign. The spotting is VERY little almost disappearing. I cant wait to hear my hcg levels since I think thats a good indication on of things are where they should be. How is everyone else doing with their pregnancies?

I had my confirmation appointment yesterday! Everything went well and I love everyone at the new place I'm going to. The doctor understood my concerns and we scheduled a scan for Friday!! I'll be 7+3. When I miscarried I only made it to about 8 weeks and my next appointment will be Jan 27th so we would be listening to the heartbeat then. This scan will definitely put me at ease until then so I can't wait!!

Wookie - I can try to look into the HiBebe. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mrs. BB - I am glad you get an u/s on Monday although that seems like a long time away. It seems promising that your spotting is almost gone now. I hope your hCG levels give you some reassurance.

Dodger - That's wonderful you get to see your baby again today! I really am so envious that you girls get multiple scans in the first try. :wacko: I hope you have a wonderful time. Get some good pics!

Mel - That's funny. We both had our dr's appointments yesterday, and then we both have our next appointments on Jan. 27th! :haha: I am glad your appointment went well and that you can have an ultrasound on Friday! Waiting til next Wednesday seems far away, but I know it will be worth it to have my dh there with me. I hope your scan goes very well and sets your mind at ease!

How is everyone spending New Year's Eve?

That does sound good, MrsBB. FX for good results on your bloodwork!

Hooray for all the appointments!

Literati, my doc does a scan as standard procedure at the 8 week appointment. Since I've never gotten that far, I don't know if they usually do one at 12 weeks, too. But. I'm going to insist on having one. We're planning on announcing at the end of that week, so I want to know everything is perfect before we go sharing it with everyone. I can't imagine not having lots of scans now! If I hadn't been through m/cs, it probably wouldn't even come to my attention. But now, I need extra peace of mind!

Not doing much tonight. Ordered pizza because we both forgot to think about dinner until 5... And I can't eat late any more. Lol.

I can't believe everyone is getting to see their babys heartbeat. Im tempted to take a test just to make sure my baby is still in there. Im so happy for all the good things happening with your pregnancies....:)

Happy new year everyone x

I'm super jealous of everyone getting early scans too! I can pay for one from 8 weeks at a private clinic if I want one, or my doctors can do one at 10 weeks but it's paid for not routine and is very basic. I think it will depend on symptoms, if they come on strong then I'll feel ok that little bean is doing well but if they stay mild then I'll need a scan for peace of mind.
I'm going to go in to my gp next week and she will refer me to the hospital midwives. And I'm limiting myself to 2 more poas! Sunday is my day to test, I have one cheap test with lines (last Sunday came up pos quick and was much darker than a week ago) which I will do this sun and the last one will be the week after. It's a CBdigi so I'm saving it for last in the hope of getting the magic 3+!!!!! I would just love to fast forward 3 week, time is going so slowly at the moment!

Did a cb digital yesterday and fit my 3+ which has given me hope. Literally counting down the hours until my scan on Friday. It is filling me with panic!

So pleased with all the good news on here. So happy for you ladies.

Can't wait to see all the scan pics thus week and next.

Ladyluck yeah for 3+ on digi.

I gave in a bought some more digits yesterday and got a 3+ but then again I should. As I'm over 6 weeks. With my last mmc I didn't get a 3+ until almost 7 weeks. I have had done worrying symptoms last night and today. Started cramping last night accompanied by persistent backache. Not a good sign for me. Also had beige cm this morning. I do have history's if hematoma in both successful and in my mmcs just hope it's just blood making its way out. Not feeling very hopeful ts the moment. Roll on Monday.

I haven't broken down and gotten one of those yet. I did get some regular sticks to last me through until the appointment, but I haven't even wanted to see how expensive the digi weeks tests are. :haha:

So pleased with all the good news on here. So happy for you ladies.

Can't wait to see all the scan pics thus week and next.

Ladyluck yeah for 3+ on digi.

I gave in a bought some more digits yesterday and got a 3+ but then again I should. As I'm over 6 weeks. With my last mmc I didn't get a 3+ until almost 7 weeks. I have had done worrying symptoms last night and today. Started cramping last night accompanied by persistent backache. Not a good sign for me. Also had beige cm this morning. I do have history's if hematoma in both successful and in my mmcs just hope it's just blood making its way out. Not feeling very hopeful ts the moment. Roll on Monday.

I'm also having some beige cm today...and my morning sickness has stopped today, which is wierd. My scan is a week from today. I'm also not feeling very hopeful about this bean right now...:nope:

Sorry that you feeling that way too wookie. Least by this time next week we will both have some answers. Maybe it's a good sign we both have it today bring due the same day too x

Debzie and wookie my fingers are firmly crossed for you and I'm sending you the stickiest of sticky thoughts. X

That's the crap thing about pal, it taints your whole view of pregnancy and it's so so easy to swig to thoughts of a negative outcome. Before the MMC it didn't bother me that I didn't really have symptoms,I thought I was just lucky. I told my family really early on, never even thought twice about it. With my rainbow at least I had an early scan to set my mind at ease. This time the days are going so slowly and every day I worry about something or lack of something else! Ugh, oh to go back to the days of innocence when you jut assume pregnancy will go as planned!

Debzie and wookie- thats how mine come out from time to time thru out the day. I started feeling like my symptoms were subsiding but then today I bathed and my boobs are huge and sore. I talked to my doc and she says its a good sign. Its just your baby making room and there might be a little old blood still shedding out. I hopes that helps. Im praying for both of your little ones to be in great shape. *big hugs*

Ladies I'm sorry your worried. I think having a loss takes the joy out of pregnancy.

Today I have felt nauseous all day and haven't been able to get out of bed. I have hadn't this before so odd for me. Hoping I don't have a bug

:hugs: Wookie & Debzie. I hope all is well!

I've felt pretty bad basically since we tested, but yesterday and Monday I actually felt pretty good- just a bit tired and a teeny bit queasy once in a while. It definitely had me worried. Today (the day when I have a lot to do) is making up for those 2 days, though!

Anybody working on a journal? I found a rainbow baby journal and I'm LOVING it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->