August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

can i join ladies? I recently like 2 weeks ago found out I was pregnant. In August, I endured a miscarriage at 5w1d. And now my edd is august 26th. I am currently 5w5d. I don't get to see a dr until january 13th at 7w6d. Yesterday I went to the bathroom and discovered a light brown discharge which has continued into today. I wrote my dr to see if I can come in for an early check up since it is accompanied with a strong backache. Any advice?

Welcome, MrsBB. Some brown spotting can definitely be normal but I hope your dr will let you get in early as it should always be checked out.

I think I would get totally obsessed with a Doppler! I am definitely considering paying for an early scan though, because I won't be seen till 12 weeks at least and I just need to know thrat everything is as it should be before that!

I bought my Doppler from eBay. It's an ex rental retails at £300 I got it for £30 it's the ones the midwives use over here. It's still working fine or was when I put it away. I think if I wasn't entitled to an early scan I would have paid for one. Paid for a gender scan at 16 weeks with my dd#2. It was such I lovely experience took along my mum and daughter and she got to shout out the gender.

Welcome mrsbb spotting is perfectly normal. I had it from implantation with all my pregnancies apart from the last and none do far with this. It can take weeks for the blood to make its way out if it's not absorbed. Plus at 5 weeks the baby is thing I to some major blood vessels in the lining it dies thus by breaking them first and done can leak out. You also can have breakthrough bleeding by a drop in progesterone. Backache too us normal. We just think it's sinister. I do despite knowing all the facts. Pal demons.

Nothing new here with me. Except needing to pee all the time. Day and night. This time next week I will be on my wAy to hospital for my scan. Oh is home today he's been away working over christmas whoo hoo.

Yeah I can get that. We did the Sonoline B off of Ebay and it only cost $50, but it ended up being a Christmas gift from my bro and sil. :) DH and I are loving it because we've already managed to find the heartbeat twice now! For me it's reassurance. lol

Hi Mrs BB - spotting is completely normal but if I were you I would get a doctor's appointment and get an early scan. I don't want to scare you but with my miscarriage I had brown spotting when I wiped. It is probably nothing - so don't panic! But you probably do want to get it checked out - it'll help with your peace of mind too.

Ladies - I had my scan today! Everything is looking good and the baby has a healthy little heartbeat! They think I'm around 7 weeks and EDD around 19th August. I was so nervous beforehand, almost expecting something to be wrong. So I'm so relieved now and feel like I can start getting excited!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congratulations on a successful scan mrs d.

Welcome, new ladies! I also had some brown spotting this time around, from 11 dpo- 13 dpo, and it subsided. I have no idea if all is well with my pregnancy, but I'll find out on January 8th, when I get my scan!

My $0.02 about Dopplers...

SINGLE. BEST. PREGNANCY. PURCHASE. EVER.

I also have a Sonoline B, which is out on loan to a good preggo friend of mine currently, but I'll be taking it back in the next few weeks, if all continues going well with my bean. Were there obsessive times with it? Oh, yes. Did it give me a deep feeling of reassurance that all was going well? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!! I listened to my daughter's heartbeat twice a day with it, and it really gave me a sense of relaxation and peace about what was happening inside of me. I think for those of us who are PAL or PARL, we should take advantage of whatever comfort we can, and what better comfort is there than hearing your baby's heart beating away? I loved it, and would recommend it to anyone, particularly the Sonoline B. What a wonderful thing it is!!!

That's great news, Mrs D!

MrsBB, definitely let your doctor know. But try not to worry about it! It can be completely normal. :)

2 weeks until our first appointment!

Thanks ladies for all the replies. Today im spotting red blood. I'm scared im losing this one too.

Oh, MrsBB...please call your doctor, if possible. You need some peace of mind, & you need to know what direction this is headed. It's not over, until someone confirms it's OVER. And if it IS over, please take heart...I've had recurrent losses, and I'm now a mother, after a lot heartache. Please keep up posted, and let us know what's going on!

Thinking of you MrsBB. Hope you get to see a doctor and get some answers soon. Fingers crossed everything will be ok. :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:Mrsbb I echo what wookie said it's not over until it's confirmed to be over. Please get some medical attention.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

MrsBB I have fingers and toes crossed for you that you have a sticky bean. Please do get checked out, to know is better than not knowing what is going on x x x

Thanks ladies for replying. I talked to my Dr and had to give blood today and Thursday to check if my hcg levels are doubling properly. If not, they said I would need to come in for an ultrasound.

MrsD - Yay for a good scan! I am so happy for you!!!! What a relief to see that everything is going well.

Wookie - Everyone raves about the Sonoline B but they don't seem to sell them in Canada. I am nervous about buying anything off eBay as I don't want to get scammed. Does anyone order from eBay internationally as a habit and not have any problems?

Mrs BB - So sorry about the red spotting. :( I hope your hCG levels are okay...but I feel you deserve an early u/s either way.

AFM - I had my first dr's appt today which went well. And my first ultrasound is booked (the only one I'll get til 20 weeks) for Wed, Jan 8th when I will be 9+5.

Literati- I don't know if you can access a HiBebe monitor (also pretty high reviewed) any more easily over there...and I'm sorry, I don't have any info on using ebay internationally. I hope someone can give you some help!

My doctors office called and im booked for an ultrasound Monday. Tomorrow I find out my hcg levels. Ill keep,you all updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->