August 2014 rainbows - anyone else?

Really feel for you ladies struggling with nausea and vomiting. I dud find that ginger did work with my previous pregnancies. Ginger chews or chewing gum. That and anti sea sickness bands work too.

Mel family's can be difficult. Everyone having an opinion on how you should run your life. In their hearts they just probably want what us best fir you despite your feelings on the matter.

Well I'm six weeks today. Felt my first pangs if nausea and dizzyness today whilst doing the good shop. Was reassuring off a few seconds. Had major cramps a stretching pains too. Most embarrassing is the wind (gas) I could keep a small city in power at the moment. Not helped by all the festive food. Really must get my diet back on track. I lost 2 stone prior to me falling pregnant I still want to loose 2lb too if I can in this first trimester. Don't think that will happen.

Mel - I'm sorry they're allowing their feelings about your choices in life to affect how they feel about your baby. I have plenty of moral views (like anyone, I'm sure), but I believe a baby is a precious gift no matter what the circumstances, and I hope your family can realize that and just be thrilled for you even if they wouldn't have timed it like that. They can't control you... they can just choose to support you and make your life easier during this time!

Arabelle - I know! I woke up a bit shocked that I was 8 weeks already too! The first couple weeks just dragged, but I think Christmas time helped speed things along for a while.

Sorry you've been up throwing up! I definitely recommend some gingerale and maybe some soda crackers. Personally, after I throw up, I immediately start eating and I always feel way better after and I don't puke again. Obviously, I know I probably just have a milder case, but I think the puking is more from LOW BLOOD SUGAR than from your body rejecting food. So I would definitely recommend getting something very bland and neutral in your stomach to avoid more puking.

In other news, I threw up last night and then twice this morning! :happydance: Woohoo! It's back! I personally think my body was just being kind to me and allowing me to feel better while I was celebrating Christmas with relatives. If I had puked while there, everyone would have known my secret. Thank goodness for my body's self-protective mechanism! :haha:

Debzie - Woohoo! :happydance: First pangs of nausea! 6 weeks seems to be a common time for it to start. Mine started at 5 w 6 d! I know what you mean about the gas. :blush: And I'm sooo ridiculously bloated at this point that people are going to start suspecting I'm 4 months pregnant already! Good for you for losing all that weight before you got pregnant! But don't feel bad if you don't lose those last 2 lbs. You're pregnant now and weight loss is definitely not in the books for most of us. I think I've personally probably gained at least 5 lbs already. :dohh: I just have to eat constantly to stave off the nausea, and it's all terrible things like chips, crackers and pop. Oy!

I have to admit that while being queasy isn't fun while you're in the middle of it, I'm enjoying it because it's reassuring to me. lol I haven't had TOO much, but on Christmas Day, I nearly puked when I went into the kitchen to grab my dinner. I had to spend the rest of the evening breathing through my mouth because certain smells were making me soooo nauseous! The next day I was nauseous all day, and today is looking to be the same. Growth spurt! :)

My DH got our little one it's first ever present and the first present he's ever bought for any of our little ones! My heart melts to see him starting to really believe that this is going to happen! :)

Nausea's reassuring. I'm still not fond of it. Lol. And it's definitely getting worse.

Thanks ladies I appreciate all the support :hugs: I think my family will turn around eventually. My grandma is just so old fashion lol.

Even though they have no right to say anything. Both my grandma and my mom ran off at 18 to get married so they wouldn't have to stay at home anymore. I've been with my fiance for 5 years, plus I just finished my degree, plus we have our own place together already. I think I'm doing a little bit better than they were :haha:

I haven't gotten sick since Christmas, but I have been nauseous. 3 more days til my appointment! Can't wait! I'm hoping I'll have a scan some time soon!

Mel really sorry your family is being like that. At the end of the day you are about to have your own family together so you and ypur fiance suppoirt each other and forget about what your family thinks. As hard as that is to do, your brining a baby into a loving strong relationship what more do they want. Im sure they will come round eventually but in the mean time try not to let it stress you out.

I wish I was being sick..... I have had the very occasional wave of nausea but thats it.... although I did start to panic yesterday when I had the worst stitch pain on my left side and the word eptopic jumped into my head. Its gone now so panic over but I really hope I get some symptoms soon.
Although now I think about it I am extremely tired to the point that I wanted to fall asleepyesterday at 6pm so that could be a symptom I suppose
Hope you all had a nice christmas.xx

Tiredness is definitely a symptom. :) And lots of people never feel much of anything. Don't let it worry you!

I'm the same very tired but only the occasional wave of nausea and no sickness at all

I think nausea is here to stay with me! Get it all day every day lol. Only go sick once on Christmas but that's it so far. Heartburn/indigestion is daily too. Never really had any of this when I miscarried so it feels great. :) I know I'll get sick of it soon tho lol

With my last pregnancy (that resulted in my daughter), I didn't have any nausea until I was around 10 weeks, and IT WAS AWFUL!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick: I didn't feel any relief from it until I was nearly 16 weeks along.

This time, it's starting earlier, but it's not a constant thing. It grips me pretty hard in the morning, before I eat anything...and if I wait too long for breakfast, then I'm gagging all over the place, while my stomach does flips. I've had some rougher days with this pregnancy with nausea, but so far, it's not terribly consistent, and it usually passes. Perhaps in another week or two, I'll be eating my words. LOL!

Sounds like things are looking up for everyone. Symptoms DEFINITELY come and go, so don't worry if you're only having waves of nausea.

I'm looking forward to when we all get our first scans (for those of us who haven't already)!

I know I can't wait! I go in Monday so I hope I can schedule one soon!

Hi mamas, I'm due 30 Aug so I just squeak in! Can I join you?? :)

I got my BFP just over a week ago and I still can hardly believe it's real. Not too many symptoms so far, very irritable, very tired, always hungry, peeing all the time. I can't wait for the nausea to set in, I had it the last time and while not pleasant it is very reassuring.
My loss was 2011, then was lucky enough to have our rainbow in 2012, but the loss has made me so nervous I pregnancy. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, and think positive sticky thoughts.

Welcome Tess.ie!! <3

Is anyone else planning on getting a home doppler?

Hi Tess!

Still haven't decided if I want a doppler yet or not. I had an anxiety attack last night thinking about miscarrying again. I can't be getting myself worked up like this. But I think my fiance is gonna think I'm crazy if I buy a doppler lol. My appointment is tomorrow so I'm hoping that maybe I'll get a scan, if not I hope I can schedule one soon. I feel like if I bought a doppler now I'll start looking for the heartbeat too early and get more paranoid lol.

Hi, Tess!

I don't think so, Dodger. I think it would cause more stress than it would alleviate. At least for me.

Can't even think that far until I have had My first scan but I think I would find it reassuring!

Welcome Tess

Dodge I still have a hibebe Doppler that I purchased when I was pregnant with Isla. It picked up her heartbeat from 10 weeks. I loved it. Would use it most days. Also would let my other daughter listen in too. I found it do therapeutic and a good way to bond. Can't wait to use it again.

Welcome, Tess.ie. it is only natural to be nervous but I am sure all will go well!

I am not sure if I will get a Doppler. It seems difficult to find a good one in Canada that isn't like...$600 so I think I may have to hold off. I might get one of those cheapie ones for later on though because I'm also freaked out about stillbirth, etc. eek.

That's the other factor... Honestly, there are things that I'd *rather* spend the money on, KWIM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->