August 2016 watermelons!

I've been in hospital for induction for 3 hours. Still waiting for gel! So hot in here and hearing all the ladies in labour making me so anxious! Lady gave birth in here within 10mins of being here! Not looking forward to the pains but just want baby out now. Got my colouring book out and trying to stay said and focussed!

Wow... 10 minutes? That's crazy! She must of had the baby half hanging out of her. I wish I was that lucky. I thought the 3-4 hours I was in the hospital before my babies were born was quick lol. So sorry your LO is being stubborn. Hopefully you make some progress soon xx

Hope things speed up for you 20YR!

Good luck baby dust!

It's going to be a flurry of babies around here !!

Hope my baby comes out in 10 mins! lol Good idea on the coloring book!! I'll have to remember to bring mine. Coloring books are a godsend for anxiety!

10 mins, all mine where hours. Longest was the induction at 9 hours. And I didnt even naturally get to the end of that. Rest where 6 and 8 hours. Not looking forward to it at all.

Baby will be here August 12. I will have a baby in 1 week. Holy heck.

Meet Asher! He was born on August 5. Weighed 9.05lbs! Has a head full of hair. 22 inches long. He's such a sweet little man. Last night was our first night home from the hospital and it was challenging. He was fussy which I think was gas. Hoping tonight is better. Living on 3 hours sleep lol. My milk came in today. Yay! Was in labor for about 16 hours but when it came to push time I did 3 sets of 3 and he was out in 13 mins!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
He is beautiful Babydust. Congratulations! I hope your recovery goes well and that you get a few more hours sleep tonight. :)

Congrats all that I missed there. I cant get no midwife apps for the next 3 weeks and my next hospital one is when I am over due in september. Really are massive cuts here since my last one. So I have no idea how I get my bp and all checked. I just hope all ok in me. Docs are booked up too.

Congrats Babydust! Can't wait to see some more babies on here :)

I'm having steady contractions (FINALLY) that are about 10 minutes apart. I've also had lots of menstrual type cramping and stabbing cervix pain all day. I was 3-4 cm dilated, 60% effaced at my appointment on Monday so I'm thinking labor is just around the corner. If the contractions continue and are still there in the morning, I think I'm going to head to my midwife's office and see if it is time.

Great news Lilmisscaviar sounds like your progressing well.
I have no idea how dilated or even if baby is engaged yet. He wasn't engaged on Tuesday when I went to the day assessment unit at the hospital. But he will come when he is good and ready. :)

Dragonfly- I think that is disgusting service, surely they should be able to monitor you in your final weeks. Can you turn up at the hospital and get them to just check your BP and position of baby etc?
I know that's what I would do if I couldn't get a midwife appointment.

Great news Lilmisscaviar sounds like your progressing well.
I have no idea how dilated or even if baby is engaged yet. He wasn't engaged on Tuesday when I went to the day assessment unit at the hospital. But he will come when he is good and ready. :)

Dragonfly- I think that is disgusting service, surely they should be able to monitor you in your final weeks. Can you turn up at the hospital and get them to just check your BP and position of baby etc?
I know that's what I would do if I couldn't get a midwife appointment.
only if its emergency I call the assessment unit will they see me other wise they tell me to go to the midwife who is booked up. And nothing docs can do as they tell you to go there too. :dohh:I am due in 2 weeks and I have seen no one in a while. I get to see someone not next week but week after. I really wanted checked over too. I have a boob rash and all. Shocking how little there is now. :shrug: My hv said she would see me in last few weeks and I havnt heard from her either. She never shows up for anything anyway.

That is awful dragonfly! Around here you're in the office every two minutes... That's crazy they can't fit you in anywhere !? I hate to tell you to lie but if you really wanted to couldn't you just tell them you have decreased movement? That's an emergency right? Then they would have to have a look at you!? I just think, do what you gotta do to get someone to look at you! Chances are everything's okay, but still. I hope you get seen soon!

Anyone else had their baby yet!?

I am fine though I wouldnt lie like that. This is my fourth and rather easy pregnancy this time so I cant complain. I got pressure on and off which I didnt get with last ones so maybe I wont go over due this time. Its rather uncomfortable trying to sleep at night with the creeping skin thing too. I am so stuck on names.

Good thing happened though my mother hopefully wont come near the hospital after her antics last week for my youngest birthday. Or my house ever again thankfully. One less worry I hope. (shes a horrible narcissistic mother).

Just wanted to update: I began having contractions in the morning on August 17th. By 5 PM they were so bad I could hardly walk. We got to the hospital at about 6:30 pm and I had to be wheeled up to the birth center. My baby girl was born at 9:08 pm that day. She was my third all natural, medication free birth.

I'm doing well, still having some issues with SPD at the moment and had excessive bleeding for a few hours after the birth. They had to put me on pitocin for a little while to get my uterus to contract to slow down the bleeding. I was bleeding through a heavy hospital pad within an hour. The bleeding did eventually slow down to like a period and I was sent home yesterday.

Attachments

• SDC12051copy.jpg
    SDC12051copy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
  • alsdkhflsdkh (3)copy.jpg
    alsdkhflsdkh (3)copy.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics