August 2016 watermelons!

Ps for those that haven't seen, my little man arrived 4 days ago! We are still in nicu but he's gorgeous! I'm over the moon!

Fairy - I didn't find the pain much worse than BH. It didn't become bad until after my waters broke. My waters never broke on their own, they had to be artificially broken, but as soon as they went things got real. My suggestion is to hold off on breaking them as long as possible if you want to try to go natural, even if they ask you a million times if you want them broken. Wait until you're dilated as much as possible, like between 8-10 cm and that will likely make labor less painful. The pushing stage isn't too bad until you get to the ring of fire at the very end where the biggest part of the baby's head is coming out but one big push will get you through it and you'll only feel it for a second. I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

Massive congratulations Mrs. W! Been thinking about you... so relieved to hear this :D

Congrats to all who had their babies.

I am really scared about labour and I am going there for the 4th time :( I know thats probably of no comfort to any one. Wish I had some more support, my partner could be stuck with our kids so I dont know if I have to birth alone or not and that scares me.

I mostly packed the hospital bag this weekend.... Anyone else starting to pack? Here's my list of things I'm bringing .... Tell me if I have enough or not or what to ditch lol

For me:
3 pairs of sweatpants
3 pairs of socks
4 pairs of huge underwear
3 tank tops
Swimsuit bottoms (they have a tub to labor in, you can't deliver there though)
Several sports bras
Nursing bra
Slippers
Flip flops for the shower
Toiletries (lotion/shampoo/conditioner/deodorant/toothbrush)
Hair ties and hair band

Things I'll pack for baby:
Her welcome home outfit
A newborn outfit in case the welcome home outfit doesn't fit
2 receiving blankets
(Everything else I'm told is supplied at hospital)

Things I will still need to get:
Snacks (maybe?)
Will need to throw phone charger/hairbrush/face lotion in bag on the way out the door.

Anything else???

lilmiss - that's comforting to know! Good tip on the breaking waters if it doesn't break on it's own!!

1nce - does the hospital not provide you with the mesh undies? No sense in ruining pairs of your own. I freaking love those mesh undies, they are super comfortable!! Also, my hospital gives out those "socks" with skid protector things on the bottom which I love too - you may not even need to bring your own socks either. Do you have a nursing pillow like a boppy? That's one thing I've seen people bring that I hadn't thought about.

I think they do give out the mesh undies and socks. I packed some just in case I guess. Anyone else buy huge cheap undies for post partum lol?

I bought naff cheapy pants for pp. Mainly because I'm more of a thong girl. Plus I can just chuck them after 👍

Hi all! I just thought that I would inform you that my little man was born last night (I live in Australia). Frederick Alister Jim. I am so in love! (6lbs7oz, 19in @ 11:39pm July 19th).

Congrats Emmaluv.

I bought cheap high top undies from Primark and some from Sainsburys so I have some comfort.
My hospital only supplies the mesh undies and some extra pads but everything else we have to take. :)
Hoping to pack my bag soon.

I am so miserable. I just want this baby to come lol. I am getting so uncomfortable. I am so done with work. I don't want to go back. Ughh. No signs of labor. Dr said on Monday he could feel baby's head but cervix still closed. I am like let's just schedule the induction date lol because he isn't going to come on his own just like his brother!

So sorry to hear that, Babydust. I'm feeling pretty miserable right now myself, even though I'm a few weeks behind you. My last pregnancy didn't even go to 38 weeks so I can only imagine how you're feeling. I went to 39 weeks with my first and I was ready to have them pull her out by then, I was so fed up with being pregnant. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you xx

Congrats emmaluv!!

Let's hang in there ladies, people are going to start having their babies real soon! (Some already have!)

Congrats Mrs W! How are you guys doing?

We are doing good thank you! Little man is still in nicu but doing great for a 35 weeker and just learning how to feed! He's gorgeous <3 thank you for asking! How are you feeling?

Enmaluv congratulations!!

1nce I'd maybe take an extra outfit or 2 for baby incase you're in longer and need another outfit for her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->