August 2016 watermelons!

Lovely to see lots of good news here!!

1nce - glad your announcement went well and that everyone was so exciting, I love how 'special' pregnant ladies are treated!! Good luck for your gender scan!

Lilred- so glad your results came back all clear and big congrats on being team blue!!

Tymeg - good luck with your results. 5 days isn't too long to wait. Fingers crossed. Will you find out gender too?

Lilmisscavier - think your gender scan was today? Hope you were able to find out and looking forward to your update!!

Hey, I think i did announce that it was a BOY, a few days ago at the fetal assessment scan.... :winkwink:

Yay for everyone who has found out genders! I am impatiently waiting to know. Only about 5 more weeks. The doctor told me we'll do bloods for the 2nd trimester screen on Mar 17 and I'll know about 2-2 1/2 weeks after that!!

Congratulations Tymeg.

And all the best AngelOb, the wait is a tough one. Are there any baby shows or events you could go to to help make the time fly? I hope it all goes well for you.

My dates changed to 7th sep now as baby measures smaller. Which I dont think is right as I have conception dates here anyway. But probably smaller baby just. I remember them saying this on my sons who came out not so small in the end.

Dragonfly, baby should catch up. I wouldn't go by the ultrasound. I have the opposite problem. My babies measure bigger than average. I know exactly when I ovulated from charting and opks, yet my doctor still insisted upon moving up my due date because the baby measured bigger at each scan. My due date started at August 28th, now it is at August 18th. I know I can't be that far along. I don't even think they should even mess with the due date after the first scan.

I gave them the wrong period dates! eeek . I checked on my diary app as I didn't use my old phone for a long time and realized it was a week out so no wonder the baby was a week smaller. I think I am still sep 1st according to some random internet calculator . But they need to change theirs. Surprised they didnt take conception date to work this out as I have that.

Ultrasounds are so hard to tell dragonfly. My friends due date has moved a couple times. She's 33wks and at her last one they moved her ahead two weeks, but she's gotta chubba baby in there. They are estimating him at 9lbs for delivery lol !

Hey when did everyone tell their work they were pregnant? Or when do you plan to? I've been at my place for almost a year but I recently just became full time in January after graduation, prior to that I was an intern. I was planning on telling people next week, but I almost want to keep it a secret forever... I'm afraid that I'll lose my job or they'll be mad at me idk I doubt that's the case but me just being crazy.

Here we get a date at our 12 week scan and it doesnt change after that. Even if baby measures big/small.

I told my boss after my 1st scan (turned out to be 10+5). He had already guessed though butbi wanted to see a hb before going public

I told all of work at 10 weeks after we told family and friends. There was really no reason to keep it a secret as everything looked great and the doc had no concerns. I told my supervisors right when I found out due to what happened in the previous pregnancy. I had just transferred within the office, so wanted them to be in the loop if anything happened again, or if I needed to call off for morning sickness. Didn't want them thinking I just call off to call off. But I barely did, so it was ok anyway.

If you lose your job due to being pregnant, they will have a very serious lawsuit on their hands. Just sayin.

I still havnt bothered saying it on facebook, only fam know. I was going to wait till big scan and maybe say it.

I had to tell my boss as soon as the pee dried on the stick because I suffer from HG and have to take my maternity leave at the beginning of pregnancy rather than the end since I get too sick to work. If I didn't get HG I probably wouldn't have said anything until at least 12 weeks.

Well, we are having a baby GIRL! It took a while to find because there was so much cord between her legs, but finally got the money shot! I was glad to see my baby and how much she has grown too, it's crazy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 8
Congrats 1nce! Welcome to team :pink:

I had the same problem at my scan. The cord kept getting in the way and then the tech double checked to make sure it was indeed a girl. She must have for sure been a "she" because they never asked me to come back for confirmation.

She said she was really sure it was a she, but we had to wait for a while to get the good shot.

Congrats on a girl 1nce! I'm crossing my fingers I'll be team pink as well but still have a whole 5 weeks left. I told my boss at 5 weeks when I found out, I just wanted to have everything in the open because I had to take time off when I had my loss a year ago so I didn't want it to come as a shock. Thank goodness things are perfect but that was the reason I said something. Also found out a co-worker is due a day after me with her second so it's cool we can talk about it and we're at the same point in our pregnancies.

I don't currently work but I'm sure I was 8 weeks with the first, days after I'd been promoted to supervisor and 12 with the second. With this one we haven't told my husband's work yet as a lot of big things are happening and we don't want added complications. I'm quiet happy for this one to be quiet as to avoid comments about having a boy (we have 2 girls and don't know the gender of this baby yet) or comments about having a 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->