August 2017, Eclipse testers - 17 BFPs and counting

Yes, it should be done before getting out of bed or doing anything else. And at the same time every day.

Also, the opks just tell you when your surge is happening. You can actually ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after your surge! Keep BDing :)

Do y'all temp first thing when you wake up?

I cheat a little bit. Still first thing but I walk to the bathroom and temp while taking my morning urine *TMI* sorry.

I don't want to bother DH with the beeping. He said he doesn't mind but I know I would. lol

LOL Dream- I always immediately stuff the thermometer under my pillow so he doesnt hear it :haha:

But I've tested it to see if it makes any difference if I went to the bathroom first and It always comes out the same for me. I could walk around the house for ten minutes and it stays the same lol But I know some women who's temperature is greatly changed by getting up. You just have to figure out your body!

It's best to test first thing if at all possible but usually if within 30 minutes is close enough. Anything more off than that can be questionable, though.

Its so variable per person I would say, test what is most comfortable for you and if its not good enough to see the o date, then adjust your technique next cycle.
For me, my temp varies by about a degree f (0.5deg c) if I even roll over before taking it.

I started to temp. Im 3 days late and have no idea when af will come. We stopped bding 2 weeks ago because we really thought i ovulated that sunday before. :(

I have a cat who always demands to be fed around 5:00am, so he likes to bug me so I'm always thrashing my legs about to get him to be quiet. I typically will temp after he first wakes me up and then go feed him and go back to bed, but I feel like if I'm temping under the same circumstances every day then it should be fine. Lol.

For me, I find that the time I temp at is far less important than it being before I get out of bed or do anything. So I just do it whenever DD wakes me up, somewhere within a 2 hour window.

You all are making me want to try temping again! How much do you think it matters if you don't temp right after a long period of sleep? I usually wake up earlier than is good (4-5am) and then take a while getting back to sleep, and then get another 1-2 hours of somewhat broken sleep. I'd rather not temp at the initial wake-up, because if I'm actually *doing* something and thinking about it, I'm a lot less likely to be able to get back to sleep at all. But I'm worried I wouldn't get consistent temperatures if I temped after lying in bed longer but not being fully asleep a lot of that time...

Sorsha - I think you would just need to do a little trial and error and see what works or doesnt.

I agree with Dream! Trial and error is what worked for me.

AFM - I was stressing about this .31 degree temperature dip, but then I realized I couldn't sleep last night so I took a unisom (which is basically an antihistamine) and I'm positive why it dipped again today.

Just came from the restroom and had light pink spotting and I've been having some lower abdominal cramps today.

You all are making me want to try temping again! How much do you think it matters if you don't temp right after a long period of sleep? I usually wake up earlier than is good (4-5am) and then take a while getting back to sleep, and then get another 1-2 hours of somewhat broken sleep. I'd rather not temp at the initial wake-up, because if I'm actually *doing* something and thinking about it, I'm a lot less likely to be able to get back to sleep at all. But I'm worried I wouldn't get consistent temperatures if I temped after lying in bed longer but not being fully asleep a lot of that time...

Yeah, just try and see. And I think you might also find, even if you need to temp early that it might just become so habitual after a while that it doesn't wake you up. I sometimes wake up fully and am not sure if I temped earlier, look at my thermometer and realize I did it half asleep.

I agree with Dream! Trial and error is what worked for me.

AFM - I was stressing about this .31 degree temperature dip, but then I realized I couldn't sleep last night so I took a unisom (which is basically an antihistamine) and I'm positive why it dipped again today.

Just came from the restroom and had light pink spotting and I've been having some lower abdominal cramps today.

Sounds like it could be some implantation spotting and cramping. Fingers crossed and keep us updated!

This tww is starting to get to me... I had a blob of creamy cm, low temps, vivid dreams, and zero symptoms.
My lp is normally 11days, so expecting af on Monday... also going on 2 week business trip to USA on Monday. Plus Im taking b6 which should lengthen my lp. So many things happening and not happening at the same time...

I definitely will, Pink!

Blo - Keeping my fxed crossed for you.

Does antihistamines influence bbt? I have to admit that i have never thought about how meds are influencing temps :blush:

Does antihistamines influence bbt? I have to admit that i have never thought about how meds are influencing temps :blush:

I think I've seen an article about it affecting both CM and BBT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->