August 2018 Babies

With my daughter I think we made a group about 6 months into pregnancy. But by the time the babies turned a year old, some of them showed their true colors and shamed a lot of us :( so I’m still friends with a couple and keep contact. Facebook is super easy to keep up with

My goodness, so much to catch up on - I'm sure to miss something so if I ever forget to mention someone - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!!

Welcome Chrissi, Cdubs, LynAnne. Great to have you here.

Mel, great news about your blood work. Glad they got results back to you the same day.

Hoping for great scans today - IIRC a couple of us will be under the wand! So exciting.

We aren't telling anyone, family or otherwise, until the first trimester is over. We are both far too paranoid that we're going to lose it given the failed IVFs and advice we got from our RE before fixing DH's varicocele. I think it will start to feel a little more real if we get to see a heartbeat and good measurements next week. Until then I think both of us are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst, you know?

Have a great day, everyone!

I wish I was having an early scan!! The earliest I can get it for is 10 weeks ��

Does anyone else have a sore tongue? It feels like I've bit it on both sides, which i know i haven't! I googled it and it says its called geographic tongue and is caused by hormonal changes. Has anyone ever had it before and know how long it lasts? Its really uncomfortable!

This pregnancy is so different than my other 2!

With my daughter I think we made a group about 6 months into pregnancy. But by the time the babies turned a year old, some of them showed their true colors and shamed a lot of us :( so I’m still friends with a couple and keep contact. Facebook is super easy to keep up with

Oh wow that's awful. I don't understand why people shame one another. Yes, I have my own opinions and beliefs but I wouldn't shame others for theirs. Our group was intended for those who were pregnant so we wouldn't hurt those who were still trying, but they joined also. They are an amazing close group of ladies and I love the updates.

Hey everyone!

Crazy to see so many others due in August! This is my first official pregnancy (had a failed chemical pregnancy 3 months prior) and I am so thrilled and nervous! My due date is August 11, 2018 AKA hubby's 30th birthday!! I've been having symptoms since before the BFP and they have only gotten more intense. Especially the nausea 🤢. My 48 hour serum test showed my hcg levels at 4 weeks to be 2092.3 then 4657...I can only imagine what it's at now 2.5 weeks later. No wonder my symptoms are so intense! I'm over here anxious, not knowing if it's just my hormones being crazy or if it's twins and my doctors won't do an ultrasound until 18 weeks!!! Looking into finding a new hospital because that seems outrageous to me. Anyone being told no ultrasound till 18 weeks??

Sorry Jennyf I havnt experienced that symptom but it does sound painful x

Mel2 that sounds awful that people would turn on each other when theyre supposed to show support xx

Mrs233 that does seem an awful long time to wait for a scan where do you live, in England you get early scan around 7 wks if you've ever had an MC, you get a mandatory scan around 12 wk mark at end of first tri and if you are suspected carrying twins you have to go for regular scan more so that when your carrying just one due to the higher risk factor xx I would defo look at changing Dr hun

The MS is starting to kick in a bit now I get waves of nausea but it hits me in the evenings xx my bbs are not too tender just slightly but they are huge swollen up so much and my belly is so bloated that I can hardly get in any of my jeans theyre starting to feel uncomfortable to wear but the worst has to be the tiredness I feel constantly tired but then keep waking up during the night. I had an awful dream last night that I went the toilet and when I wiped there was bright red blood it seemed so real that I woke up and went straight to the toilet to check thankfully all was okay not a drop of blood to be seen. I guess Im getting more anxious as my scan is only a week away xx

Jennifer - I also have a sore tongue!!! I thought I must have burned it, but maybe not!

I had a terrible lower backache yesterday and it's still there today. Really worrying me although probably nothing... ugh... I'm so stressed about it. I also don't know what to do about my 14 month old who really wants to be picked up all the time, can't be helping.

6 days until my scan.

Angela - I'm with you on the bloating and tiredness... seriously.

Well I went for my scan yesterday afternoon. It’s all stills blurr

But there are two!!!! Twins!

At the moment there’s two sacs but one is larger than the other and the bigger sac has a yolk so she said that pregnancy is all developing lovely and right on schedul but the other sac she said could catch up and be a healthy prengncy or it could fail and be absorbed.

Go back on the 3rd January but I can’t wait that long to find out!!!! I’m looking at a private scan next week or I’m going to call my epu. I keep getting bleeds on and off and that may be due to the 2nd sac

MS is kicking my butt. luckily I haven't actually been sick yet I'm nauseated about 75% of the day and at points it's super intense. Desperate for it to be the Christmas holidays so that DH can help out with DS more! Definitely have some of that second pregnancy early bloating going on too which will be interesting come Christmas. My immediate family all know but we'll be seeing grandparents and the like who don't. Sort of dreading it to be honest!

Mrs - hi and welcome! I know my doctors are like that. I'm only having an early scan as I had bleeding and we want to make sure everything is still growing

Picksbaby - how exciting! Hoping both sacs continue to grow nicely for you

Laying in bed trying to get up and I feel nauseous. My MS started at 6 weeks with my daughter so this doesn't surprise me. I'm hoping it goes away

Picksbaby- twins!!!! Congrats! I believe it's normal for one to be a little more behind than the other.

Mrs333- welcome! 18 wks seems like a bit ridiculous. I think I get one at 12 wks and 20 wks. However my ob doesn't do them in her office. I love my dr, but the office sucks as far as technology. I think she should have those capabilities available to her. I'll at least get to hear the heartbeat in a few weeks.

Ella- my back hurts too. Kind of like I have a pinched nerve. I have been really busy with housework and baking. Plus, my LO wants held alot too.

We're telling my oldest tomorrow. I'm so excited to get this big secret out bc she thinks I have the flu.

Picks- wow how are you feeling about the news?

Nothing much to report here. Nausea on and off. Ultrasound in 2 weeks...

Hi ladies! I’m 5w1d. We did IVF + PGS after a few chemical pregnancies and discovering I have a rare chromosome disorder. We transferred a PGS normal girl embryo on December 4th. Betas are looking good! Approximate due date is August 22nd. First scan is January 2nd!

Anyone else pregnant from IVF/FET?

Congrats to everyone! Yay August babies!

Ask4joy- congrats on your baby girl! :happydance: How are you feeling?

Thank you Smile! I feel pretty good. No MS. Sore breasts and tire easily. I still have a box of wondfos and keep testing every few days just to make sure that test line is still nice and dark! Lol.

Does anyone else have a sore tongue? It feels like I've bit it on both sides, which i know i haven't! I googled it and it says its called geographic tongue and is caused by hormonal changes. Has anyone ever had it before and know how long it lasts? Its really uncomfortable!

This pregnancy is so different than my other 2!

ugh I had this in one of my previous pregnancies. My dentist actually got students come in to see it as it was so bad. It literally stayed my whole pregnancy. sorry I hope its not the same for you x

Sorry Ive not been on the past few days. Im struggling so bad with feeling like crap. I must have peed every hour last night so its not helping with the tiredness. I was sick for the first time today too and not just the nausea and my boobs are killing me. I have my scan tomorrow morning at 9.15am so should find out exactly how far on I am and finally get an estimated due date. I just hope I feel better tomorrow. Is anyone else planning to tell people at xmas? Im thinking at about 8 weeks and will have 2 scans (I have a private one on Saturday too, its a long story lol) that I should hopefully be ok to share the news a bit earlier x

Welcome mrs!! That is a very long time to wait for a scan! Can you go private and get an early one?

Ahh glad to know it's not just me with the sore tongue, its really bugging me!!

Awww wow Picks congratulations!!! :happydance: 2 babies :cloud9:

Welcome and congratulations ask4joy!! :happydance:

Smile how exciting!! Let us know what she says :D

Oh no caleblake that doesn't sound good, I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse as it does make it slightly difficult to eat!
Good luck for your scan tomorrow and i hope you're feeling better!! I am getting a lot of nausea and it really isn't pleasant at all.
Most of our families know, I've told a couple of friends now I've had my early scan but going to wait until my 12 week scan to make it public and tell my other 2 children. Although I'm so desperate to tell them now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->