August 2018 Babies

Picks :hugs::hugs: that must be so hard, please know that we're all here for you if you need to talk

I've stopped feeling sick but definitely having stretching pains, hope everyone else is doing well:flower:
I found baby's heartbeat on the doppler this evening, my OH and I just sat there with huge smiles on our faces:cloud9:

Picks :hugs::hugs: that must be so hard, please know that we're all here for you if you need to talk

I've stopped feeling sick but definitely having stretching pains, hope everyone else is doing well:flower:
I found baby's heartbeat on the doppler this evening, my OH and I just sat there with huge smiles on our faces:cloud9:

My friend has my doppler and she put it in storage ... I've asked for it but I feel bad her husband has to dig it out for me but I really want and need it !! I found my sons at 10 weeks only tried then cause it was the time I received it through the post. My try in a couple of weeks if I can get my hands on it...

Where in London are you lovely ? I'm North x

I have a Doppler but not sure if I should try to find the hb or not. I don't see my midwife for my first appointment until the 16th!

I have a Doppler but not sure if I should try to find the hb or not. I don't see my midwife for my first appointment until the 16th!

If you do and you haven't tried it before it takes practise and very slow movements. Baby is usually very low near pelvis. There are many you tube videos xx

My first midwife appointment is the 26th I will be 9 weeks seems aaages away, my youngest starts nursery this month as well :cries:

Ahh picks I’m so sorry to hear :hugs: here’s hoping twin 2 catches up!

I can’t imagine what it’s like being the US with the healthcare. I keep forgetting a lot of you are over there. We are so lucky to have the NHS, it really is taken for granted!

With my daughter I found her heartbeat a little over 10 weeks. I have since sold that Doppler, I’m debating about getting another one. But I’m not sure how to go about listening to two little ones lol!

What kind of doppler? My friend has one, but she said you can't find one until 14 wks. I'm going nuts not knowing what's going on in there.

Insurance in the US definitely sucks. Unless you pay a high premium, it does nothing for you. When we went through fertility treatment with our LO we had to pay everything out of pocket.

LOL I’m miles from you all...just sending a wave from over here in Scotland lol. Anyone else uk?

I'm from the uk cale, the midlands.

I used a Doppler when pregnant with my daughter, no idea where it is now and not going to buy a new one as I struggled to find the heartbeat with it anyway.

I had my first midwife appointment yesterday. She was useless! Luckily she is just standing in temporarily for my actual midwife.
She didn't appear to actually listen to what my husband and I were saying, she took my bloods then told me she shouldn't have done that as I need to go to the hospital to get them taken. She got the details about my daughters birth wrong, including the hospital I delivered at, even after we spoke about it 😕

The midwife has told me that I will have to be consultant led as my daughter was IUGR and subsequently born low birth weight so puts me at risk again.

She said I should recieve an appointment date with the consultant in the post as well as a scan date. I'm so impatient I just want to know now haha!

The sonoline B is what I had and it takes some time to get the hang of it.

Also the pee test is the baking soda and urine test. If it fizzes it's a boy and if it doesn't it's a girl. Was accurate with my son. You just add baking soda to a cup and a bit of your urine and see what happens.

I'm from the UK originally from the midlands but live in North London now. I haven't called my doctor yet. Still deciding what to do should the pregnancy be fine. I may call next week and get an NHS scan but may cancel if I find heartbeat with doppler and book myself in for the harmony test on Harley street. Don't want to have too many scans. I also not fussed about seeing a midwife there as I am paying to see a private one for continuity of care. With my son I had Independent Midwives and had a homebirth which was wonderful but now they can't work it's a bit what the heck shall I do. So currently going with the flow and going to see what happens..

I cannot imagine waiting till 20 weeks to see baby that's kinda crazy ! Xx

I'm from Scotland. I think we are so fortunate to have the NHS. Honestly, wouldn't know where to start with health insurance and all the costs of actually having the baby!

My sister had a doppler which I used for DS. I first found his heartbeat at 12 weeks but I didn't attempt to look for it before then because I was too scared of not finding it. I've since passed the doppler onto another of my sisters who is about 2 months ahead of me in her pregnancy so I can't even have a try to hear this one's. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing for me. I'd love to give it a go at finding this one's heartbeat.

Hi Ladies
Hope you are all doing ok. Just wanted to check in as haven't posted in a while...I haven't been well.
I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis (severe nausea and vomiting). I have seen my GP teice and been given 2 different lots of meds (cyclizine and metoclopramide) I had my booking appointment yesterday and when the midwife asked how I was feeling I just broke down, and said I need to go to hospital. I hadn't kept any food or water down for 3 days and I felt so weak and shaky. I had ++++ ketones in my urine and have lost 1 stone in weight since finding out i am pregnant. I was admitted to the pregnancy assessment unit within the hour and given IV fluids (3 bags) and they started me on a different anti emetic. I was discharged last night. I have woken up this morning like a new woman!! Haven't vomited (yet) and managing to drink some Lucozade. God bless the NHS!!:thumbup:

Chrissi- We used to live in east london but have since moved, we live in Cheshire now :)

I have the sonoline b, I bought it for £20 on eBay and it did take me 3 tries to find the heartbeat. I watched a few youtube videos on how to do it and found it on the right, really low down.

I never used a Doppler with my first. I just waited 4 weeks between appts for the ob appt to hear heartbeat. It was a long wait though.

It's suppose to snow again Monday afternoon during my rescheduled appt so it might be delayed again. Feeling frustrated.

Chelle- oh that sounds awful. I had that with my 1st and lost 20lbs in the 1st tri. I felt a ton better after being put on meds.

Flourish- that sounds like a nightmare. The ob I use to see never listened to me. She moved offices and I was so excited to see her go. I'm seeing a new dr they brought into help my obgyn. I've met with her once and really liked her. I just don't know if she delivers. Apparently my obgyn is booked or on vacation.

I could always borrow my friend's doppler, but should wait until I'm further along. If I didn't find it, I'd be in constant worry.

9 weeks today!!!! I can't wait to be out of 1st tri.

Oh chelle u poor thing that sounds horrendous!!

I totally back the love for the NHS god knows what I would do without it I'm awful at things like insurance lol!! Xx

Chell- that sounds just like me with my daughter. I felt like death. After ,y hospital trip and then sleeping 16 hours I felt so much better. I’m happy the sickness isn’t as bad this time around.

The high risk doctor finally called me today. She asked how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Which is great because the doctors never called me when I was pregnant with my daughter lol. I could have my appointment moved up but I decided to keep it as they should be able to attempt to hear the heartbeat in the office. Not much you can really do in the first trimester anyway. I’m curious when my next ultrasound will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->