August 2018 Babies

LyAnne Im sure everything will be fine goodluck with the scan it wont be far away once youve been your booking appt xx

You guys are brave going med free I dont think I can do it but just going to play it by ear and see what happens xx

It has a lot to do with the mind. I highly recommend meditation ... or anything to get you out of your head. I had a homebirth with my son. 4.5 days of labour on and off. I spent a large amount of this time in meditation. Read Ina May Gaskin books. They are a god send and will help a lot to get your head around things. Also I highly believe the better care You have and the more comfortable you are with your carers the better things are. Unfortunately Independent Midwives can't all work now thanks to the National Midwives Council. If you guys want to know anything to help you prep for a drug free birth I'm here for you. I've loads of recommendations ... but mostly educating yourself is the best. If you aren't interested just ignore this post. Everyone has different ways of doing things and if this isn't for you then that's perfectly fine. Big love xx

It is all about mindset and breathing. If you panic, it's easy to give up. If it weren't for my dh, I wouldn't have made it. He was an awesome coach. He kept me calm and told me when my contractions were almost over. Classes help. Mine were offered through our hospital and we were reimbursed through our insurance.

Great advice ladies I'm bit worried about the pain relief side of things lol!

My boys name is Alexander (shortened to alex) and my girls name is Evelyn (shortened to eviee) x

Although I had to have an episiotomy and kiwi cup, I only had gas and air for DS in terms of pain relief. I'd really like to be able to do the same, minus episiotomy, for this one too. That being said, I am open to everything and anything but I'd prefer to keep it as natural as possible. Whatever it takes to get baby here and us both healthy is what i say! Have to say it's super impressive that women can do it without anything whatsoever. It's amazing what a woman's body can do! Totally don't want to think about giving birth any time soon though!

Although I had to have an episiotomy and kiwi cup, I only had gas and air for DS in terms of pain relief. I'd really like to be able to do the same, minus episiotomy, for this one too. That being said, I am open to everything and anything but I'd prefer to keep it as natural as possible. Whatever it takes to get baby here and us both healthy is what i say! Have to say it's super impressive that women can do it without anything whatsoever. It's amazing what a woman's body can do! Totally don't want to think about giving birth any time soon though!

Have you tried the epino ? It helps to prep everything down there for stretching. If that's not in your budget a butt pump works just as well which is what I went with originally lol. That and a perineum massage works wonderfully from 36 weeks xx

I went natural, people think I'm brave but honestly I was just too scared to get an epidural!! I hate needles that much. :lol: I'll do it again this time too... I tore with DS, I didn't feel a thing at the time. I don't even remember being in pain, just... intense and tired?? Hormones are one hell of a drug. It was after when I was healing that the tear felt awful... lots of numbing spray.

I will be stretching this time. Why no one told me about it, I don't know...

I had an awfully traumatic experience first time round, no one knew my boy was so big and he got very stuck. My second they scanned ,e more and knew she was big so I had a c-section. Based on all of that I suspect this will be another section. Not sure how I feel about it, I found the first easier to recover from but will always question if it has had an impact on the way things turned out for us, the second recovery was hard but the baby was safe.

Prior to get pregnant I was all for a VBAC. I was induced due to high blood pressure, body wasn’t ready and she was sunny side up so that led to about 52 hours of labor. I was exhausted in the end and had a csection. But knowing it’s twins this time I’m for another csection. Plus I plan to get my tubes tied so might as well get it done at once.

T minus 3.5 hour till scan time..... trying to remain calm but anxiety level is raising. Hope it all goes okay!

Any mamas have a homebirth or thinking of one? Had two, and pretty sure this one will be too!

Can't believe I'm 10 weeks today!!

TTCBean, I'm planning on doing homebirth. Kind of difficult in the US because it's mostly unheard of. Personally, I believe that hospitals are for sick people. And pregnancy is a natural thing. You don't go to the hospital when you are on your period, why when you're giving birth. I do not, however, judge others for what their decision is. I understand many people just feel more comfortable with the drugs and the hospital setting. For me, I don't see that happening. I've only been in a hospital once, when I got my cyst and endometriosis removed, and I don't plan on going back any time soon. I am realistic though, and understand that if there are complications, I will have to be flexible, but that's another story.

It's so interesting to read about everyone's past experiences. This is my first, so who knows what I'll think afterwards! I trust my body though, even if I do doubt it sometimes.

So, who is doing the NT scan? I'm weighing my options and would love for you guys to chime in. My current stance is that even if there was something wrong, I would not abort, I do not have that in me. But it would help me be better prepared if there was something wrong. I am, however, completely scared of a false positive that just drags me into the whirlwind of emotions. What do you guys think?

I was induced both times, gave birth at 42 with my daughter with emgergancy section! (Failure to progress) :( went for a vbac with my son and I gave up half way through with my son mainly because my boyfriend was horrendous!! All I needed him to do was to tell me he loved me and he said no infront of wveryone and all the midwifes, how embarrassing!! So I gave up!! Really want a vbac this time!! But we shall see if the doctors ok it xxx

Any mamas have a homebirth or thinking of one? Had two, and pretty sure this one will be too!

Can't believe I'm 10 weeks today!!

If there's a healthy baby in my womb I'm all over another homebirth best decision I ever made. Nice to snuggle in your own bed afterwards... icannot rave enough about it. Loved it ... was perfect for me ...

In the U.K. NT scan is free on NHS. I may go private though as I have a horrible feeling my dating scan will be when my hubs is in Australia for work. So will need to pay private annoyingly. Don't want to go by myself so need to get scanned earlier ...

OhHappy, Like Chrissi said, the NT scan is free on the NHS but I declined it for DS and I don't plan on getting it this time either. The fact that it only tells you the chance of maybe having a child with down syndrome etc. made me feel like it would cause me more anxiety and stress than I wanted. I was already super anxious due to 5 previous losses, I didn't need anythig else added on top of that! Each to their own though.

I'm getting another c section. I pushed over 4 hours with my daughter until they determined she wasn't getting past my pelvis bone.

I skipped the NT with my daughter. I think I'll skip it again this time around.

I think the stomach "massage" hurt worse than labor tbh. Due to her being big, I had a lot of bleeding. It felt like the nurse was trying to kill me.

Scan went well - although am measuring a week behind lmp dates but I suspected as much. Does mean my due date got moved to 3/9/18 so I guess I’m not technically valid in here anymore? Saw a heartbeat and they gave me a picture which I didn’t expect and was sweet!!

Stay anyway waiting! Glad the scan went well.

NT scan free on the NHS as the others have said so we will go for it, not that it will make a difference to us the outcome.

I was induced early with my daughter because she stopped growing so I have to be consultant led which means hospital birth only... to be honest I'd go with hospital anyway as I'm all for the pain relief! I had an epidural with my daughter and it was amazing. I could sleep though the contractions and then when it came to pushing I wasn't worn out already.

I agree it has to be a personal choice though and what's right for one isn't for someone else.

Waiting thats great news scan went well and stay you have been here from day one and you never know you may go early xx

Im unsure too about the NT Scan as Im 34 I'll be 35 in April and Ive heard horror stories due to them also taking your age into consideration they could put me straight into high band right away which happened to a couple of people I know and it caused them a great deal of stress for no reason x

Im going hospital its my first and I dont know how my body will react to labour so dont want to risk anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->