August 2018 Babies

Can't wait for 2nd tri! I've got my scan date- 6th feb so I'll be 13+6 ish. I was hoping I'd have one within the next 2 weeks so I sulked a bit :rofl:

Ahh brill Vicky :happydance: haha I know what you mean, we are so impatient!

I should hopefully get my scan date tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Anyone else have days that they can’t look at food and other days that food is all they think about... I done actually fancy anything today but I could do with a Chinese and a Greggs sausage roll I haven’t had one of them in years!

All this fatty food! I’m usually so healthy!!!

And here I was afraid my ms was gone. I haven't been nauseous at all, but last night I guess the baby didn't want those delicious enchiladas, because they got kicked right out of me! I never throw up, even when I get food poisoning, many times I wish I could but am just never able to, but last night I barely made it to the bathroom! Thank goodness the restaurant had a nice clean unoccupied bathroom haha! This pregnancy keeps surprising me! Anyone else still have ms?

Yeah today I made a vegetable soup with ginger because ginger is meant to be good for nausea - but apparently vegetable soup isn't good for my nausea :( I had to correct it quickly with a hot chocolate!

Oh nooo! Hope you’re feeling better soon both of you. I’ve past the sick stage now and just want to eat! And I don’t drink fizzy pop but all I want is coke, I had a can last night omggggg!! It was so good!

Hey ladies - sorry I haven’t posted in a few days, was really busy, we did a bunch of family outings for the last few days of the holidays (mine and dh holidays) we are both back at work today. Really feeling the back to work blues today. I am sure though in a few days it will pass, hormones don’t help lol!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better Picks and cat, it definitely does feel overwhelming before hand but I think once baby is here it just kinda works. Definitely helps to talk it through with a good friend if you can though.

I haven’t been feeling sick as much past few days, still crazy tired though. Just wish first trip would hurry up lol!!

I've not been sick once this pregnancy but I FEEL sick loads. It's sort of exhausting. My appetite is all over the place, half the time I don't know what I want to eat and I think it's starting to send DH a little crazy. Ha. Most of the time I want savoury, salty foods until I'm suddenly craving fruity sweets which is so unlike me as I'm more of a chocolate girl but I can barely touch the stuff right now.

Happy- I still get sick. I made chili last night and it made me ill. We went out to dinner last week and the same thing happened to me. I made my oldest keep guard at the door lol.

Jenn- same here. I gave up pop years ago and now I crave it.

I could be a vegetarian at this point. I'm usually a meat eater, but I just can't handle it right now. I'm over the 1st tri.

My friend loaned me her doppler. We found baby's heartbeat! :happydance:. What a beautiful sound.

Yay for heartbeat smile!

Picks sorry you're feeling like that, maybe you should speak with a friend so you don't feel so alone.

Cat hopefully you get youbscan soon so you really know how far along you are, although if you skip 4 weeks that's amazing as it 4 weeks less of worrying and closer to seeing your little baby.

My scan is at just before 13 weeks as well, I was gutted when it came through as I was hoping for 12 weeks so it was sooner. Oh well, realistically it's not that long to wait now.

I feel like all of a sudden I'm being inundated with appointments, I've had a letter come through for my Scan, a letter for my consultant appointment and my GTT is now booked! That's without my next midwife appointment being thrown in there. I only work 4 days a week (5th day off each week is mummy daughter day) and all my appointments are on work days. I know work can't say anything or do anything about me having them and they have to give me the time off for them but I can't help feeling a little cheeky having to take all this time. Although, on the other side of things I'm also glad I don't have to take my daughter with me as she'd never sit still for an appointment haha!

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Not long until we are all in second tri now!!

LynAnn that sounds exactly the same as me! I haven’t eaten chocolate in weeks now where as usually I love it. All i want is savoury and fruit sweets!

Ahh yay smille how lovely :cloud9:

Flourish I know what you mean, when I was employed by someone I always felt bad taking time off for apps although I was entitied to it! I’m self employed now but sometimes I feel that’s harder as if I don’t work I don’t get paid.
Exciting news about your scan, I’m sure it will come round quickly!

I have my booking app finally today at 11am. I know it’s nothing too exciting but I’m excited to be getting everything official and my scan sorted :happydance:

I feel like I got everything too quickly I had my booking appt around 6wks and my first scan at 7wks 4 days and now the waiting for my 12 wk scan is torture Ive still got 15 days to go grim times. I feel like the first tri has dragged on for so long and I just want it over now and to move on to 2nd tri xx my symptoms have almost gone now and Ive defo got a bump showing most people know Im pregnant now including work as its getting harder and harder to cover up so Ill just be happy to get to that scan now and see a healthy baby xx

Yeh I think it has dragged too! But I’m sure soon it will seem like it’s gone really quick!

So I have my scan booked for next weds 24th Jan, I’ll be 12+6! Soooo excited it just needs to hurry up!!!

Cannot wait for next week to hurry up. I've got my scan on the 25th when I'll be 12w1d. I am so ready to see baby again and get out of first tri!!

I still don't really feel pregnant despite on/off nausea because I haven't seen/heard heartbeat! Has anyone else not gotten a scan or heard heartbeat?

Has anyone thought about how they are going to announce? We've already told our parents, sisters and their partners (in person) with nothing cute planned. Pretty much just blurted it out. We'll tell DH's grandparents and the like either in person or over the phone but I need to think of a good way to announce on social media. We have a lot of friends and family on there that we won't see in person but would like to share the news with. For DS we had a photo of my dog beside a whiteboard saying "Mummy and Daddy are getting me a human. Coming November 2016" and the scan picture and will probably do something similar again but with DS. Anyone have any good ideas?

Starlight I didn’t with my second and it was a long wait but wirth it! When is your scan?

LynAnn I’m a photographer so I’m going to get mine in the studio, sit them on the backdrop and give them both a present each which will be a baby grow and a scan photo and then I can capture their reactions then I can post on fb. I’m really excited!

I caved and bought another Doppler. It shipped out today. My first appointment is next Monday so I hope to play around with it before then. I’m excited, I have a million questions for the doctor lol. And I’m hoping we get to schedule my next scan.

We announced last week as we suck at keeping secrets. We posted a picture of the ultrasound and it said “thought we were going for an extra point, guess we went for two! Team Yetsick due August 2018” and everyone loved it. I like that it’s out there now because I can post stuff about it lol. Like I’ve been seeing videos of twins and gender reveals.

I haven’t been sick and my nausea is almost nonexistent so I’m thankful for that, as my daughter I was so sick and it made the whole pregnancy unbareable. I had an anterior placenta with her too so I didnt feel her move as much either. I’ve mostly been tired. The one evening I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 and at 7:30 my daughter blew a horn to wake me up. I felt terrible! But I literally couldn’t help it. I’m constantly peeing too lol. I’ve been craving French fries and sour patch kids lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->