August 2018 Babies

Fantastic scan photos everyone! Still got another 13 days till mine, boooo:haha:

My friends were telling me about a ring test. They said they know 10+ people who've tried it including them and it was 100% accurate.

Scan was great, baby is healthy and was wriggling about. I'll post a picture tomorrow - and join the fb group then too. I'm 12w6d so my due date has changed to the 2nd of August, the day after our fourth weddino anniversay!

Smille is that the one where you look to see if the ring goes in circles or up and down?

Great news LynAnn :)

Hey all I just joined the fb group! I have my first midwife appointment on Friday but still don't have the date for my scan. My drs has confused me because (I'm in the UK) and I went beginning of Dec to tell him I was pregnant and he told me to book my first midwife appointment with the receptionist, so I did and I haven't heard back from the midwife or has a scan date? X

I don't have a scan date either but I only went last week so presume it'll be another week before I find out. Maybe chase them up. But you still have four weeks to go before they ideally like to scan so I wouldn't worry it'll come through soon xx

Ah OK thank u, I guess I'm just being impatient, can I just unload on you all a second but I just don't feel pregnant, like iv had morning sickness but not really bad more nausea, tiredness but that is a symptom I get from my fibro anyway, I have had the early scan and saw a heartbeat but I just don't feel it! This is so weird! I'm not sure if it is because I have been through soo much this past year or because I struggled with coming off the medication I was on or what but I just don't feel pregnant, and I keep having moments of fear where I think I can't do this but then il be fine again. Iv felt all my babies very early so I'm hoping I do with this one aswell so I can try and get my body to come to terms that I'm pregnant. My last labour was soo traumatic that I'm terrified of going through it all again... Not much you can all say but I just needed to vent xx

Ahh cat you can offload on is whenever you feel. Pregnancy is tough as it is without having to deal with other things too! I’m sure once you feel baby you’ll be fine :hugs:

Ah OK thank u, I guess I'm just being impatient, can I just unload on you all a second but I just don't feel pregnant, like iv had morning sickness but not really bad more nausea, tiredness but that is a symptom I get from my fibro anyway, I have had the early scan and saw a heartbeat but I just don't feel it! This is so weird! I'm not sure if it is because I have been through soo much this past year or because I struggled with coming off the medication I was on or what but I just don't feel pregnant, and I keep having moments of fear where I think I can't do this but then il be fine again. Iv felt all my babies very early so I'm hoping I do with this one aswell so I can try and get my body to come to terms that I'm pregnant. My last labour was soo traumatic that I'm terrified of going through it all again... Not much you can all say but I just needed to vent xx

Have you thought of a homebirth. Can be the most healing experience ever. A lot of women who've had traumatic births in hospitals have gone on to have the most amazing home births. If it's an option you'd consider I've tons of information to help prep you and get your head around the whole thing. My friend had a birth centre first birth last year and she was so scared. Told her lovely there's really nothing to be scared but you have to educate and prep yourself. She went on to have an incredible birth I cried so much when she told me ... lol I'm a soppy !!! Let me know and I can help you lovely xx

:hugs: Cat, you can always vent here. I totally get the worry with not feeling pregnant. I would be so anxious all the time if I wasn't throwing up ALL THE TIME. I am going to be a wreck once my symptoms start to subside. But, you ARE pregnant and you have seen the heartbeat so that is great!

And jen- definitely stay with us!

Fantastic scan news to all of you with scans.

I have ages till my next one.. like 4 weeks or so, must actually book a date I suppose.

Sorry not posting much at the moment, having a crazy busy week, when I am not working im just sitting as feel awful and tired and nauseous, will do better next week I hope!

Chrissi I'm one of the people that usually have every drug on the planet and still complains but this time round I'm totally against hospital!! My mum had 4 and was there for one of my previous and I told her that she would probably end up delivering Because it may be different now but you weren't allowed a home birth in my region last time I had a baby because there wasn't enough midwives, x

Chrissie great scan pics so made up for you xx

Cat amazing on the weight loss pass some thinspiration my way I just keep gaining. That is wierd about the Drs I would chase them up normally your first midwife appt is between 8-10 wks and scan around 12wks xx cat you can offload as much as you want here have you thought about a section a friend due to having such a traumatic child birth experience for her first had a section for her second and she said it was the best decision ever for her dalk to midwife about your options and fears they're there to help and off guidance and support xx

Mel thats amazing news so happy you got to hear the babies HBs xx

Welcome Harley and congratulations my BFP is through IVF too and just like you I had a failed cycle before this xx

Nuthatch so happy all has gone well at your scan xx

Smile congeats thats such a great scan pic and glad the Drs have cleared up the issue with the RBC results, my guess based on the scan pic is a boy xx whats the ring test xx

Starlight Im so happy for you finally to have your scan and everything is fine I bet you were ecstatic xx

Jenn yes please stay and fantastic news so glad all went well beautiful scan pic xx

Amazing news LynAnn so made up for you that all went well xx

Sorry Ive been MIA on here but you all know from the FB Group that Im still exhausted all the time and had issues with bleeding which has taken it out of me xx

So guys Id like to ask a question to all the mummies already with kids and also ones without that have spoken to mums what is the necessity items you cant live without for baby that you recommend and what was a waist of money xx Ive been told a milk prep machine is a must have if not breastfeeding and a changing station is a waist of time xx

Chrissi I'm one of the people that usually have every drug on the planet and still complains but this time round I'm totally against hospital!! My mum had 4 and was there for one of my previous and I told her that she would probably end up delivering Because it may be different now but you weren't allowed a home birth in my region last time I had a baby because there wasn't enough midwives, x

I know it's pricey but if you can look into an independent midwife xx

Sorry Ive been MIA on here but you all know from the FB Group that Im still exhausted all the time and had issues with bleeding which has taken it out of me xx

So guys Id like to ask a question to all the mummies already with kids and also ones without that have spoken to mums what is the necessity items you cant live without for baby that you recommend and what was a waist of money xx Ive been told a milk prep machine is a must have if not breastfeeding and a changing station is a waist of time xx

Yeah a breast pump is the best. I got one for free can you believe best thing ever. I'd say a bed side cot like a snuz pod, a sling (sling library sessions are the best for finding the best one for you and your baby), nipple cream by mama earth on amazon, amazing stuff and no need to worry about wiping it off before a feed perfectly safe for baby, muslins, meal service by family lol if they are local if not convince friends to bring food around for you, tonnes of maternity pads - like loads !!! That's it for the start. Honestly you need very little. Baby needs lots of love and affection and wants to be as close as possible to mama.

Big love xx

See at first I found the prep machines pointless but then they became the best things ever lol, I'm not one who usually breastfeeds (I no a few of u will disagree with that) so bottles and milk, a pram/carseat, Breast and maternity pads, clothes, bibs/muslin whichever you decide, one thing I needed was car sun shields, baby wash and towels, probably too much but that's the start of my list lol x

The ring test predicts gender of kids and how many you'll have. You take a strand of your hair and thread your wedding ring or a ring through it. Place your hand palm side down. Lay ring on hand then wave it around each finger starting with pinky then back around each finger ending with pinky. Hang the ring in the middle of your hand and if it spins in a circle it's a girl, side to side boy. You repeat until ring no longer moves after waving it around your hand. There are Youtube videos. I'm going to try it later and see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->