August 2018 Babies

I don't know how those of you not finding out do it. I honestly can't imagine waiting until baby is born. I'm far too impatient!

For me, it's pretty easy. I believe it is the one surprise we can give ourselves during pregnancy. Also, I am not a fan of overly frilly girl clothes and items, so by not finding out it's an easy way to avoid those type of gifts ha!

Ella so glad your MS is staring to disappear xx

Happy lol Im kind of with you on that one I like pretty girl clothes but nothing too OTT and frilly and puffy xx

I hate surprises - I feel the opposite of you OhHappy - that there are SO many surprises in pregnancy and I don't want the gender to be yet another one! We only tell close family though, and we keep it a secret from everyone else.

Lyn- idk if you're into them, but peppermint or lavender oil can ease headaches. You can mix one with coconut oil and apply to your temples.

One positive thing about not finding out the gender is if you have a baby shower, you get more of what you're asking for because gender neutral clothes are hard to find. For my baby shower, people bought mostly clothes and I didn't need them.

I love all of these scan photos! Soon we'll be finding out the genders!

We're definitely finding out the gender, I've convinced my OH to get a private scan as we're having to wait so long for our 12 week one :)

So glad to see that everyone's scans have gone well:flower:
When does everyone think second tri starts? I've seen either 13 or 14 weeks

We're definitely finding out the gender, I've convinced my OH to get a private scan as we're having to wait so long for our 12 week one :)

So glad to see that everyone's scans have gone well:flower:
When does everyone think second tri starts? I've seen either 13 or 14 weeks

I thought it was 13 weeks, but then I read it was either 13 or 14 weeks. So many conflicting answers.

I understand it as 14 weeks, 3rd tri 28 weeks (since pregnancy can go on to 42 weeks)

I thought it was 13 wks guys thats why you have a scan around 12 wk mark xx Yay Im 13 wks today that 12 wk went quick since I jumped forward 4 days lol xx

I've read it is 13 weeks as you begin your 14th week of pregnancy and that's where the confusion begins. As in you're in your 1st week of pregnancy when you haven't acually passed the week mark, iykwim. 27 weeks for third trimester, 28th week of pregnancy.

Smile, I might just have to try that for headaches in the future especially if I'm going to get them more frequently this pregnancy!

Happy, they are good reasons to wait to find out but I still don't have the willpower to wait. I like to know as after several losses where I didn't know gender it helps me feel more bonded with baby, like I'm actually going to have a baby. Plus I don't have a baby shower. Any gifts we got for DS were all after he was born when everyone knew his gender anyway!

Yeh I agree 13 weeks as it’s the 14th week of pregnancy. But you’re pregnant so move over at 12 if you like cos you can get away with anything :haha:

I think it’s lovely people don’t find out the gender and what a great surprise! I would if I could but I don’t have that willpower :dohh: plus the surprise for me is what my baby will look like :cloud9:

Hope you’re all doing well! My tiredness seems to of eased, I’m still tired come night time but I’m not having to lie down and take a mid day nap anymore wahoo! Which is good as I’ve been really busy with work. I’m hoping I stay a little more energised through the whole pregnancy, one can hope :haha:

The timeline my doctor gave me says 2nd tri starts at 13 weeks and 3 days, so I'm going by that, but the sooner the better really! No one like 1st tri!!!

I feel so far behind everyone!! Lol got my 12 week scan through, the 21st Feb! X

Cat you will soon be in the 2nd tri and scan will come around quick xx

LynAnn Im the same not having a baby shower its only really starting to become a thing in England and with my job its too awkward due to everyone working shifts and not all the same shifts so Id have to have about 3 in order to include everyone xx

I'm not having one either tbh, I agree it's not really the done thing here yet lol x

I had a shower with both kids (not by choice). My mil insisted on the 2nd one which ended up being useful since 8 yrs had past since having a child. I will not have one this time regardless if it's a boy. The only thing we need is a double stroller and I'd like a better carrier which we can afford.

I don't think that showers are particularly popular over here. I don't know anyone who has had a shower and gotten much more than clothes, toys or cute knick-knacks either. I might be wrong but I always get the impression that in the US the big ticket items are also sometimes got by guests? My in-laws bought our travel system and some family chip in for some of the other stuff but mainly DH and I bought it all. Fortunately we don't really need much new as I got mainly neutral stuff. I really should write a list of new stuff for baby so I can work out what we do actually need.

It is a big thing in the US especially for your 1st child. It is helpful, but I felt bad accepting expensive gifts. We went with gender neutral items just in case.

Our biggest expense will be a vehicle with 3rd row seating. I'd rather have a mini van, dh wants a larger suv. He has agreed to test drive both with an open mind to see what's more practical.

I didn’t have a baby shower with either of my 2. All of my friends have done it though, so with this one I’m going to have one. It’s more to do with getting everyone together and playing silly games that I like the most 🤗 plus I think my 2 girls would love to come as well. Gets them involved also!

Hope everyone is well! Xx

I had a blessing Way which was nice. I asked that people didn't specifically buy unless they really felt the urge to and even then we had a gift list of practical items we would use. This time around I'm more interested in friends helping out with food so we don't have to worry about healthy food after giving birth ... a delivery service sounds like a great idea !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->