August 2018 Babies

Duster- sorry you failed your GTT!

Lynanne- I think that's a lovely name! Blair is super cute!

Waiting- Glad to hear that your son is doing better

Sorry I've not posted in a while but I just seem to be so busy all the time:wacko:
We're pretty much sorted for baby, just need to get a new changing bag and a couple of small bits and then we're done.
We also have a front runner in the name department, Leo is the one that seems to be sticking at the moment and I think Logan and Leo sounds cute together :)

Sorry duster but hopefully you can monitor it with watching your diet and just taking your sugar levels each day after meals xx

Smile gutting for your friend hopefully once she holds her baby it will all be worth it xx

Ella and Duster I get hungry too my weight gain is awful luckily with being tall I can hhde it well but Ive put on 32lb so far I wasnt overweight when I got pregnant but my god Ive still got 3rd tri to get through yet xx I also have my GTT on Monday not looking forward to it xx

Had my first preggo struggle other day painting my toe nails my god it was a challenge the shapes I had to throw to get it done really hope they dont chip think Ill be letting them grown out rather than paint again, anyone else having struggles now xx

Vicky them names sound great together hun I liked Keo but DH didnt so it was wiped off the list x

Im pretty much sorted for baby now I need to actually stop buying in all honesty Ive already bought too many clothes for him just cant stop myself xx

Thanks ladies. I got my meter and keto strips today, so it’s time to get started! I got basic instructions from the diabetic educator today and will be seeing a dietitian next week.

Tying my shoes has become a struggle. I lose my breath lol.

I lost my breath walking up the stairs this morning, had to stop for a couple of minutes and sit down:haha:
Realised today how close I am to the third trimester and in a couple of days I'll have 99 days to go- finally hitting double digits!

I cut grass yesterday for like 20 min yesterday and I'm feeling it today. I am in so much pain and my dh is mad at me. If he weren't working 72 hrs a week, I would leave it for him but he's never available and it was looking horrible. I have always remained active during all of my pregnancies, but this one is rough.

We hit v-day yesterday so I’m quite relieved! It’s nice to hit that milestone. Right now my biggest struggle is my left quad going numb when I stand for too long. It quite painful for my whole leg. Not really sure what to do about it.

Pregnancy brain hit me hard yesterday as I accidentally paid my water company $618.13 instead of $61.81 :doh: so now I’m waiting on a refund check and it sucks. That was all our extra money for the week.

We've also gone past V-day, hurray! Starting to get comments asking if I'm due soon but we're keeping the twin thing secret for now, so people are starting to get confused when I tell them I still have a few months to go! I don't know how big I'll be there but I already look and feel 7-8 months pregnant at least. Can't get comfortable when I lie down already, when I eat I feel pain in my ribs.. ugh... Cut my toenails last week and told my DH next time it's his turn to do them! Bending in half puts me out of breath, weather's heating up where I live and I can't stay in direct sunlight for more than 5 mins without feeling like I'm going to pass out so guess I'll be staying indoors a lot more... luckily my little ones are out in the mornings and are okay to be indoors with me in the afternoons...

BUT I have to say I am still functioning and happy and the twins are doing well in there so even though I'm complaining I feel very lucky! I know a girl who is expecting triplets same time as us and was just hospitalized because they are worried about early labor, so I'm thankful to be home and not in danger, good reminder to be grateful for what we do have!

Ella I joined a group on Facebook for those expecting multiples this summer. About 3 women have given birth already between 24-29 weeks. Quite a few are on bed rest. Makes me extremely grateful that I have just been having the typical aches and pains. This pregnancy has been so different than my daughter in every aspect. I actually had more complications with her at this point than I have with the twins. Knock on wood, anything can still happen but I’m hoping for the continued smooth ride. I scheduled my shower for 32 weeks, should have done it a lot sooner lol but I’m hoping all goes well

My mum had to be induced with my twin sisters aged 40 at 38 weeks because of high blood pressure so it's definitely possible to get all the way with multiples, girls. Try not to worry. It's great that you seem to be doing well so far. Long may it continue!

I can't believe I'm just days away from third trimester! I know there's a bit of conflict about when it starts but I count it from 27 weeks which is Thursday for me!! It's gone so fast. Finally started to tidy out DS's room to make some space for new baby's things but it's slow going AND has made the rest of the flat ten times messier. Oops. Better getting it done now though while I still have energy. I've started putting together the odd thing for my hospital bag although I don't think it'll actually get packed until 36 weeks at the earliest!

I finally ordered a double stroller and a baby carrier. I can't believe how fast it's going now. We have so much to do yet to prepare.

Smille, what baby carrier did you get? I have an ergo360 from DS but I can't decide whether to get the newborn insert for it or get a wrap!

I feel the opposite. I've already bought everything for baby, except crib mattress, a bottle warmer, and the basket he'll sleep in next to me on the bed. Feel like I prepared way too early. All of the stuff is in corner of my bedroom for now, since I want DS to have room to himself/don't want him thinking crib is a jungle gym.

I have all the sleep sacks, receiving blankets, burp clothes, bottles, etc that we should need. I even bought nipple shields to have in my hospital bag for breastfeeding this time.

DH stands by the "too early" statement, so I try to space out my purchases by week... I'm hoping 38+ weeks sneak up on me, lol.

Smille, what baby carrier did you get? I have an ergo360 from DS but I can't decide whether to get the newborn insert for it or get a wrap!

I bought the ergo360 for newborn-toddler. It has the seat built in which will be nice when she is older and will relieve tension from my back. My friend just bought a wrap and can't figure it out.

Lyn- we have to clean out our spare room which is currently a playroom. I honestly think I'm going to use it as an opportunity to donate/pitch toys. They have way too many and they just create clutter.

We still have everything left from my DS so I feel like I don't have to buy anything:shrug: There's bags of stuff sat in the spare room/nursery I just need to get together the energy to sort it out:haha:
And Lyn- I was due to be induced last time but went into labour that same morning and I still hadn't finished packing my hospital bag:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->