• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2018 Babies

I am having so much anxiety now. I can't believe we'll be a family of 5 in 2 weeks! I am so afraid my LO will be jealous and mean to baby. She has been so clingy this past week and so whiny. I worry about how I'll be able to manage my time between each kid. 1,000 thoughts all at once.

Well, failed my BPP ultrasound becuase she didnt move during it. Sent over to labor and delivery, had an NST which went well. They still talked induction and are having me come back again tomorrow. Ugh I just want to go into labor on my own and for her to be safe!

That would be so so so stressful, Amk. Try to take it easy tonight. Everything is for the benefit of baby. :hugs: You know that. Crazy stressful tho.

Smille, that is crazy. Family of 4 seems strange when I always thought we would be a family of 3. Soon, so soon!

Amk- that is stressful. I hope all goes well!

I never thought we'd have 3 kids. We've talked about it, but with our history of infertility I thought we were done at 2. It's bittersweet knowing we're completing our family.

Anyone else starting to feel a bit like a ticking time bomb, ready to go at any time? I'm pretty achy a lot of the time and I'm having so many BH which thankfully haven't been all that uncomfortable. I'm hoping that at least the preliminary work is being done right now! :haha:

Smille, I can't believe we are about to be a family of 4. There was a time where I didn't think we'd ever have one let alone two under two! I'm also a little worried about how DS will adapt to having baby in the house all the time but I guess we'll just all have to adapt!

MrsAmk, I feel for you. Waiting to give birth is stressful enough without induction and other concerns hanging over you.

I am also abit scared of becoming a family of 5. But we will adjust and it will be perfect :)

AMK I hope you don’t have to be induced and can go into labour naturally!

Lynanne I do feel a little like that, but I think I’ll be overdue! I still think my date is 2nd August so I’m thinking I’ll have an August baby! I am more than ready though!!

So many of us becoming a family of 5! I’m definitely nervous, especially jumping from 1 to 3. My husband got promoted at work to an office position so he is going to be home sooooooo much more which is extremely helpful. He normally worked 14 hour days, 7 days a week switching between days and nights. Now he’s strictly 9-5 (he can start earlier if he wants) M-F with weekends and holidays off. We’ve dealt with the gas wells for nearly 5 years so it’s been a big adjustment with this new schedule. It’s like a whole new world lol. So I’m glad I’ll be able to rely more on him to help with the babies this time around.

I’ve had a couple hospital trips this week for irregular contractions and BH. It sucks so much. I’m 2cm but still thick and Baby A is still pretty high up. But since I’m so huge my body keeps having contractions but not dilating me. Just gotta make it 12 more days to my csection. Seems so far away lol. But I’m so excited to meet my babies

Big hugs MrsAmk, that sounds very stressful. Do keep us updated:hugs:

Smille- I am having wobbles about becoming a family of 4, I hope it's not too much upset for my DS as he's had us to himself for almost 4 years. But he is super excited about becoming a big brother so we should be fine :)

Mel- that's brilliant news about your husband!

I had contractions earlier this evening 10 min apart for an hr. They stopped. Now I'm feeling really restless and can't sleep. My whole body feels like pins and needles. I just want to sleep!!!!

Got insomnia over here too... not able to pass out til after 2 a.m. So glad I can sleep til 8 and sometimes 9 if DH works late...

36+2 and exhausted!

I've been having painful contractions that last a few hours on and off for a week now, but nothing doing. My c section is booked in 2.5 weeks but I doubt I'll make it there. Disappointed I won't be able have a natural birth like my last two but baby A is very stubbornly breech and no doctor in the country will deliver breech first twins. Can't wait to meet them already. Two of my friends had babies last week and I was sooo jealous. I am fed up of carrying round 5+ kilos of babies never mind placentas and water and whatever! Can't sleep properly, everything hurts, blargh! But then when they're born we be a family or six with my oldest only just four so doubt things will be actually easier then either! Although have to say I'm so thankful I have made it so far with twins, have had my last doctor's appointment and everything looks good.

Yes, Ella! 36+2 is amazingly far for twins. x Probably especially for a third pregnancy. :cloud9: Does surprise me they schedule c-sections so far out for you ladies... Just doesn't make sense to me. 37 weeks surprises me.

Yes, Ella! 36+2 is amazingly far for twins. x Probably especially for a third pregnancy. :cloud9: Does surprise me they schedule c-sections so far out for you ladies... Just doesn't make sense to me. 37 weeks surprises me.

Yes it's so strange. My second was born at 38+1 and my scheduled c section will be at 38+3 or 38+5 (they decide that week which day), so aren't they taking a big risk? I'm thinking of calling them and asking to move it forward...

Usually they're scheduled for 39 weeks unless there's a health concern. Most doctors won't deliver breech babies because of the risk of suffocation. If cord prolapse wasn't a risk factor, I'd probably try to deliver regardless. It is common for 1 twin to be breech but move into position once labor begins.

Usually they're scheduled for 39 weeks unless there's a health concern. Most doctors won't deliver breech babies because of the risk of suffocation. If cord prolapse wasn't a risk factor, I'd probably try to deliver regardless. It is common for 1 twin to be breech but move into position once labor begins.

There are quite a few doctors near me who will deliver breech singletons or twins where the second is breech, but breech first is just a complete no here. Risk of interlocking heads which sounds pretty horrific... There are also doctors who would do an external version with one baby but not twins.

I would love it if twin one would move into position. I've been doing spinning babies inversions, chiropractor, other random things, being careful with posture etc. but still nothing. Not much space in there to move now, I can see whole limbs moving around most of the time ;-)

My friend's mom had issues with interlocking heads and it was rough for her.

Luckily baby girl's knees are bent otherwise there's no chance of moving her. I am worried if i have to have a evc because although my dr says it's safe for baby, I worry she'll get hurt.

It's a scary thought to think about moving baby like that. I don't think I'd want to go through with it.

Ahh Ella I hope twin 1 moves! Still time so fingers crossed!!

Smille I did a lot of research when I though I might of needed an EVC, there’s lots of pros and cons but I decided i wouldn’t have it done. But my friend had it done and it was successful! It’s just how you feel about it. But luckily I didn’t need to so hopefully the same for you! Do you find out today if she’s moved?

Ella you've done SO well! Hopefully twin 1 moves so you can have a natural birth:flower:

Smille- hopefully baby girl moves for you, an ECV does sounds scary

Does anyone else still not have a name? We have a shortlist so I'm hoping once he's born then one will just fit, if not then I'm going to let DS name him and he wants to call him Rudolph:haha:

Rudolph :haha: kids! No name here yet either! We did at first but now we just can’t agree! Driving me insane!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->