August 2018 Babies

Feeling absolutely roasting tonight. We think here is a wasp nest in the vents under our or our neighbour's kitchen window so we can't open the windows without risking them getting in. As it is we've had two get in without the windows being open. Waaaah! We live in a block of flats so we don't exactly know how they can be dealt with! Not ideal when I'm due on Thursday! Just another problem to try and fix.

In baby related news I had a couple of definite contractions this afternoon but they came to nothing. I've been having slight cramps on and off since but nothing significant. With DS I had 48 hours or so of proper pre labour, like contractions every 7-10 minutes for two days! Really hope that either this develops into something overnight or disappears and then one day this week it all happens quickly! I don't want lots of early labour again - or loto of false starts!

Awwww congratulations guys !! I'm so happy for you both. Also love the name Noah I always wanted that for my son Théodore but my husband wouldn't let me.

Haven't been on here in ages mainly as trying to sell and find a new house is time consuming with a toddler in toe. Still 4-6 weeks to go here. Happy it's cooled down a bit in the UK it was just too much for me pregnant living in the city. 34c is a big no no.

Tubs of love xx

Hey all been ages since been on!! Congratulations everyone who has their babies!!! Iv missed so much but with 4 kiddos and being huge it's hard to concentrate on everything, so this is my baby number 5 and with a new daddy iv never been this big before and only 35+4, the fibromyalgia is killing me and I want her here! She is measuring ahead and large, what did u all do (in this or previous pregnancies) to help naturally get things going and when did u start? Xx

For anyone not on the fb group, our little boy was born yesterday weighing 8lb 13.5oz, we decided on the name Noah this morning:cloud9:

Congratulations!!!! I'm on the FB group but can't find the post! And I love the name!!! That's the name we're going with for our boy!! :flower:

Its finally August! Well it is for me anyway! I know my official due date is now in September but with it being a section they said 38 or 39 weeks which means I will have a baby by the end of this month! I am super excited and somewhat nervous, the memories of those days post section are coming back, just trying to remind myself it just means I have to sit down and relax and let others look after me whilst I snuggle the baby! Ahhh cant wait for that newborn smell.

Hope those of you with your babes already are doing well and getting some sleep here and there and good luck to those with inductions and csections this week! Thinking of you all and looking forward to hearing how it all goes!

Thank you all, I am totally obssessed with him:cloud9:

Waiting- I would bottle the newborn smell if I could, I haven't stopped sniffing Noah since he was born:haha:

Just got my section date in the mail - 22nd August! Seems so close and real now!

:D Ah, great news, waiting. Yeah a date really does make it feel so real. It makes me jealous of scheduled sections. Labor means playing the waiting/guessing game!!

Drudai, I know what you mean! Obviously I'd rather avoid section/induction but this waiting game is no fun. It's my due date today and I have what is hopefully my last midwife appointment this morning. I'm feeling a little crampy (again) and I noticed the tiniest bit of pink cm this morning. I'm so passed being patient now. Just get out little guy.

Stay strong, Lynn. You've crossed the finish line, and that pink sounds good. I think you'll be meeting him very soon! I can't wait to hear his arrival. :D

Won't lie, cried yesterday when a girl due a week before me popped. Her first went early too. She works with my sister, and we are semi-friends. My sister sent me her FB announcement screen shot. Super jealous but, what can you do!

Midwife appointment was fine. Had bloods taken and a sweep - ouch! Doesn't seem to be doing anything though! Just waiting, waiting, waiting! She did say my cervix was soft so I guess that's at least a little sign that things are slowly moving in the right direction. I've been booked in for an induction on the 14th if he doesn't get a move on himself.

I hope the sweep kicks things off. :D

Can DH be convinced for a little dance?

I'm sure DH could be but I'm not sure I can! Sweep doesn't seem to have done much to be honest. I've got some lower back pain (like near my tailbone) and I've had quite a bit of BH but essentially nothing is happening. I know i sound like a broken record but I really hope things start soon.

I'm only 37+6 (whoa just realized 38 tomorrow) and feel the same way. I need more patience, but with how my body is tricking me, it really bums me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->