August 2018 Babies

Congrats Smile!

Just had my final growth scan - 36 weeks today. Head and Leg measure at 39.5 weeks and stomach at 38 so basically she is a bigun which was expected and why the c section is booked. 16 Days to go!

Congratulations Smillie!!

Everyone’s having babies now... This is all too much!

Please don’t forget to update on here as I don’t have FB :(

Congrats Mel and Smile! Welcome to the world Ace, Lincoln and Ainsley <3

Not long now Waiting! It'll fly by:flower:

I’m booked in for induction on Sunday 12th August if nothing before then... 5 days or less!!!!

Have been at the hospital since last night for induction due to preeclampsia. 37 weeks is not ideal, but we will.deal. now if only o would dilate.

Nuthatch! I'm sorry to hear about the pre-e but definitely glad you're in good hands. Good vibes that your induction goes smoothly. Thinking about you!

Good luck nuthatch! Not ideal but you and baby are in the best place. ‘Rotate to dilate’ on the birth ball if you’ve got one!

So exciting congratulations ladies !! I've still 3-5 weeks to go !! Lol !

Nuthatch- hope all is going well:hugs:

Chrissi- not too long now, baby will be here before you know it:flower:

Noah had his hearing screening test today and it came back all clear which is great news:happydance: He was also weighed today and he is now 9lb 5oz, he dropped to 8lb 10oz on day 5 so has put on 11oz in 6 days!

Wow what a big boy!! :)

I'm talking induction with my midwife... we have a touch base appt Monday to see how I'm feeling and she's gonna schedule it for later next week.

41 weeks tomorrow. I swear this little guy is just being stubborn and holding on because so many people told me they reckoned I would go into labour a couple of days before my due date. It's making me so down. I think I've cried 4 times today over things that would never normally bother me. Bloody hormones.

I've got my last midwife appointment in the morning where I'm hoping she'll give me another sweep and it'll properly get the ball rolling. The one last week definitely helped me lose more of my mucous plus so it would be nice if this one could kickstart labour. I'd love to avoid induction which is booked for the 14th at 8pm. If they induce me that late will they let DH stay? I HATE the idea of being alone with any contractions in the hospital.

Spending my evening wiggling and bouncing on my yoga ball. Get out, you little pest!

Lyn why so late in the day? I was asked what day AND time would be preferable? I couldn’t bear the thought of waiting around all day so asked what the earliest time was and they said 9am so I went with that. Could you ring and see? Obviously hoping you go into labour before then!!

They don't give you an option here. You're just booked in for when they have a space. It was all I was offered.

Lyn are you in the UK? My hospital will allow birthing partners to stay any time of day or night if you’re in active labour. But I imagine if you’re only in the early stages, they may well advise hubby to go home so you can both rest and ring him if anything changes, otherwise he’ll come back in the morning. Or best case scenario, they have a room you can rest in together?

I’m so surprised they have people booked in so late at night. I’m hoping things start naturally for you and you don’t make it to Tuesday!

Yeah, I'm in Scotland. With DS I was in early labour for about 48 hours and in the hospital for about 24 hours having contractions every 7-10 minutes. Luckily DH was allowed to stay the entire time even though I wasn't in active labour. I think that might be different with induction though as I can't imagine we will have a private room. Doing that without DH makes me feel so terrified and anxious. Keeping everything crossed (apart from my legs!) that it starts spontaneously before Tuesday.

Lynanne- I had a private room when I went in to be induced, the postnatal ward was down one end and the private rooms at the other end of the corridor. I went in at 5pm and my OH was allowed to stay until 9pm and couldn't come back until 9am, although when they had space for me on the labour ward (or if I'd gone into labour naturally) I called him and he came then. In all fairness I threw a hormonal, upset strop after I'd been there so long waiting that they offered for him to stay on a pull out chair in the room:blush::haha:

So I had my third sweep today... Still only 2cm and 0% effaced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->