• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**August Beached Whales**

YAY! I had my first dr appt today, met my new dr.. LOVE HER! Got the whole pap smear junk out of the way, blood work , and the dreaded glucose test. I had gestational diabetes with my son so i have to do the test early this time, and if its good then again at the normal time. i also got meds for my nausea, AND scheduled my early scan! FOR NEXT WEEK! YAY!!! I will be 7+4! :cloud9::cloud9:

I know its crazy thinking of names, I just can't help it! :)

Tjw- I love the name Ruby, its a family name of ours and I think its beautiful :)

That's great news Kylarsmom!! Did they give you a due date yet or will that come with the first scan?

I'm so jealous of you all getting scans earlier!! My doc won't see me until at LEAST 8 weeks - preferably around 10!! :(

Im not getting seen til 11+4 and wont have an ultrasound scheduled til after that. With Megan I had an early ultrasound at 8+6 - but that isnt standard at my hospital - 12-13weeks is the standard first one. Then closer to 20 weeks for the 2nd u/s. I had lots of 3rd tri u/s with her checking size and my fluid level as I had high bp. Since I had an early first ultrasound I couldnt get the one at 12 weeks. It was a long time to wait between 9-20 weeks then & my pics from 8+6 were nothing close to what everyone else's looked like at 12 weeks. 8+6 looked like a "blob" as the tech called it -LOL (I said yes but its MY blob!) As I wanted pictures and she was surprised I guess. 12 week pics you can tell its a baby!

Hi everyone just hoping I can join. I cant believe how many pages to this thread already! I never even realized there were threads in here until someone posted (sorry forgot who, but thanks!) under first tri. Cant wait to get to know everyone!

Hi girls... sorry I havent been around. After falling arse over tit (like seriously a big comedy fall) last week I've had alot of spotting and a bleed on friday. Any symptoms (such as they were) have gone. Luckily I have a really lovely midwife who reffered me straight away to the EPU. I have a scan tomorrow at 9am soI'll know more then I guess... Will add all new names now to the list

Hi girls... sorry I havent been around. After falling arse over tit (like seriously a big comedy fall) last week I've had alot of spotting and a bleed on friday. Any symptoms (such as they were) have gone. Luckily I have a really lovely midwife who reffered me straight away to the EPU. I have a scan tomorrow at 9am soI'll know more then I guess... Will add all new names now to the list
Sorry to hear that Darl :hugs:Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow :hugs:

Hi everyone just hoping I can join. I cant believe how many pages to this thread already! I never even realized there were threads in here until someone posted (sorry forgot who, but thanks!) under first tri. Cant wait to get to know everyone!

YAY, we have the same due date! :happydance:

Good luck Sarahchops! :hugs:

My ms is officially here I think - nothing sounds good to eat & yet I feel sick if I'm not eating. I feel gaggy and like I'm wearing a thick sweater around my neck & yet Im in a tshirt that isnt touching my neck! LOL
Was hoping it was going to stay away this pregnancy - but guess I cant be that lucky! I started with the dry heaving & vomiting at 6+3 with Megan - so we are right on schedule for that to show up at the same time. Lovely! I didnt want to be sick over xmas!!! And we move house on Fri/Sat - how am I supposed to hide this from everyone? My parents & dh's parents are both arriving to help us & we arent telling them til xmas. HMMM not good!

ughhhhhh... yesterday at my appt i had the 1 hour glucose test (bc i had gestational diabetes with my ds) well they called today and i failed. already! at 6 weeks i failed! im so upset! now i have to do the 3 hour test. good gosh this blows!

Thinking of you Sarah, hope you have good news like I did. The fall I had last week didn't hurt my little bean. We are all here for you xx x

Kylarsmom - what all does that 3 hour test consist of?? Do you have to drink more of that yucky drink? :(

Oh no Kylarsmom! My freind had it, what a nightmare for you :(

Also thinking of you Sarah, hope all is well :hugs:

ya =(

The 3 hour test is drinking the drink then just hanging out for an hour - taking blood, another hour, taking blood, and another hour taking blood. but you only drink the drink once. its to see how long it takes your body to get rid of the sugar. and you cant fall asleep, eat or drink anything in the 3 hours. the sleeping part will be the hardest! all i want to do is sleep!!

ya =(

The 3 hour test is drinking the drink then just hanging out for an hour - taking blood, another hour, taking blood, and another hour taking blood. but you only drink the drink once. its to see how long it takes your body to get rid of the sugar. and you cant fall asleep, eat or drink anything in the 3 hours. the sleeping part will be the hardest! all i want to do is sleep!!

Sounds horrible :hugs:

I suppose it is better off knowing early though:flower:

im due end of august so i think im a little behind most of you guys. im pretty sure im right around 4weeks pg. had prenatal appointment today and getting first scan at 6 wks. in the mean time, i feel like this is all too good to be true! It still hasn't hit me that this is really happening I guess.
Anyway, my main question here is.. did you guys have some cramping early on? I've been having back pain and cramping since a day before my first positive test. No bleeding or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->