August Sunbeams!

That is super rude, why shouldn't you be cautious about your numbers especially if your fasting are so close to 95. I wouldn't want to do insulin if I was that close either!

they want me under 95 for my fasting also and so far I haven't had luck the last few days. But its my after meals I'm really struggling with not many under 130 (highest has only been 144 but still its over), so i'm sure when I call them this week they will start me on insulin too.

But on a happy note, today I watched a small little arm/foot move across my belly, its the first time I've been able to see an actual limb move haha. It was so weird to watch, felt like something out of a syfi movie hahaha

Sorry you are struggling with your numbers too. I saw my old doc yesterday since I'm on rotation at the OB place I go to. He wasn't great with explaining things and giving me closure about my miscarriage, so I fired him and went to another doc there. Anyway, he genuinely missed seeing me and was happy for us, so that felt good. I kinda let go of the grudge a little bit. He seemed really sad I went to another doctor, as I've been seeing him since I was 12. It was nice to see him though about my sugars, because he told me he isn't overly concerned and I don't *need* insulin, but should if my new monitor is still reading over 95. He says there's no overspill of sugar in my urine, and my weight looks good and I'm not gaining rapidly like someone with diabetes would be. That put my mind at ease a bit. I told him about the rude lady that told me I NEEDED insulin. I'd much rather follow my doc's advice. So far my new monitor seems to be so much more accurate and not all over the place like the one I had been using. The diabetic place gave it to me for free, so I guess you get what you (don't) pay for. This morning's was 92, so I'm happy about that. I'll compare the two for a few days then use the new one exclusively.

So glad he gave you some piece of mind, and said that you wouldn't need insulin if your numbers stay down :) It is also nice that you were able to get a little closer from switching from him to another doctor. I also switched OB's in our practice after my last MC she was super rude about it. I haven't had contact with her sense I switched but I know there is a possibility that if shes the one on the night I go into labor she could be the one delivering (not thrilled but oh well).

Yeah, that's how I felt too... didn't want my old doc delivering. At least I'm feeling better about it now, so I don't mind *as* much, but I'd still prefer my primary OB. When it gets closer to time, we'll ask who is on call for that week - assuming she is on time.

Well my new blood sugar monitor seems pretty consistent with itself, and reads lower than the old one. Last night the new one said 95 after dinner (I ate lunch at like 2, then didn't eat "dinner" until 10pm) and the old one said 112. That's quite a difference. I wish I knew which one was more correct. I had a couple upper 80 readings with the new one over the weekend for my fasting number, so I'll take it! It was reading in the 80s and my old one was still over 95. Go figure.

Glad the new monitor is doing the trick! Hopefully that's all you need :)

Hope so!

Ugh, I am so pissed at McDonald's. My husband drives me to and from work since we work at the same place and he doesn't like me crossing the busy street (plus there's no bathroom on the way to where I park lol). I made him late when he had something to do at work after lunch, because I wanted coffee. I told him he didn't have to go if it would make him late, but he took me anyway like a great husband. Well, I got to work and realized they gave me the wrong dang coffee! I order a decaf with 3 creams and 4 sugars. They gave me a regular coffee with 3 creams and 6 sugars!! Yeah, like that's great for baby! I dumped it out and called them and told them I was pregnant so couldn't drink the coffee. The manager put my name in their book for a free drink when I come back, so that was nice. But still, all I want is my dang coffee!!!!

hahaha well at least you get a free coffee next time. But I totally get the frustration when you want something now!

Idk why but I'm starting to get super freaked out about delivery. I got all moody at my DH today because he keeps saying things like "when we go into labor" or "our birth plan" i know its just a spin on words. But i started yelling at him, saying it isn't us in this its just me. I'm the one that is gonna have to push it out and recover he just gets to sit there and eat bonbons hahaha. Poor guy didn't even know what to say.

Aww poor hubby. You do the work, but he does have a big part in it too to help keep you relaxed, etc. I try to find ways to make my DH feel included. I get freaked out too if I think about it too much. Are you taking birthing classes?

I think I've taken the opposite approach; I've told my DH that just because I'm the one having contractions doesn't mean he gets to take it easy. I haven't decided whether I will allow him to sit at any part during my labor or make him stand the entire time like my mom did to my dad :haha: 17 hours on his feet!

We are doing birthing classes but idk i think me being a nurse I have such a type A no nonsense personality when it comes to being in the hospital and I really don't like people seeing me in pain. I would much rather just storm it alone haha so if I could I totally would have him just sitting in the waiting room and not hovering. But that wouldn't be nice and he wants to be there so bad.

Kuawen - maybe I will take your approach and make him stand the whole time hahaha just praying it isn't 17 hours yikes!

Anyone have their bag packed already? I feel like I should maybe start or is it too early?

I've been working on my bag(s) for a few weeks now. Just adding a few things at a time. I know there will still be a scramble to get the essentials in there when my contractions start but at least I won't be trying to remember where things like my medical papers and postpartum toiletries are.

Well everything is still going well. I went to the dr. yesterday - Heartbeat was 136! She is so active! I'm just now swelling in my feet some and getting uncomfortable down there.... lol Less than 7 weeks left!!!!! :)

I *just* started working on the hospital bag. I don't think it's ever too early to start on it. You want to be prepared, just in case. I'm still not exactly sure what to bring for baby.

I've been getting crampy lately, how about you guys? Also, baby has dropped so low it's crazy. I'm so done being pregnant, uncomfortable, and tired.

What medical papers do you need to bring with you??? I know I need to bring my paperwork for FMLA but I still haven't gotten that in the mail yet (annoying). I just feel like I don't really know what to pack, and don't want to over pack. For baby I'm bringing 2 outfits (one newborn one 0-3 depending on weight), car seat and passifier. My doc said not to bring a lot of stuff for baby because they would supply a lot at the hospital and i get to take that home.

I agree fairycat i'm getting to be very very done with being pregnant. I've had a lot of cramping this week and my acid reflux nothing is helping anymore. My mom this weekend keep saying how "glowing" I am ... definitely do not feel any glowing. I feel much more like a whale hahaha. Thank goodness only 7 weeks to go!

Going for an ultrasound on the 14th to check growth, my belly is measuring a few weeks ahead so they just want to be sure. My BS have been total crap today but had been so good the week before. ugh so annoying! I was hoping to just start checking fasting lol no luck

Insurance information mostly is what I meant by medical papers. We're also bringing copies of DH's and mine's immunization records to show that we both have received the flu and tdap as its required by our hospital (we live in a very high risk area for whooping cough) and a couple forms to fill out once baby is born to jumpstart the process of enrolling him in WIC. Not necessarily something we have to do at the hospital but I know once we're all home and I don't have the nurses helping me I'm likely to forget to do it at all.

I'm both looking forward to getting him out of my belly and knowing I'm going to miss my bump so much once he is out. Despite the pains and now physical restrictions (doc officially said no more long walks for me as I started having Braxton hicks from them) I've really loved being pregnant. My bs has continued to be great on the metformin so my dietician has let me schedule my follow up 3 weeks out and that will be the last appt for GD! It's still so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that I'm going to have a baby, possibly even this month if he decides to come a week or 2 early :wacko:

Here we just bring our hospital registration form and copy of insurance card. I think I'm overpacking my bag. :/ I just don't want to forget anything.

I've had 2 extra days off work so my schedule has been out of whack, and so has my bs :( it's been higher 3 days this week so now they're going to push insulin on me again. Ugh. Seems on the weekends it's higher or when I don't have my normal bedtime snack. Boo.

Doc appt today, wonder what they'll start doing now since going every 2 weeks instead of the 4.

I go next Wednesday for my next appointment with my dr. I need some advice since this is my first child on Epidural or other pain meds. What is ya'lls opinion?

Doc says insulin still since my numbers were higher this week. I cried last night when I was supposed to take it. I feel guilty, but feel strongly against it at the same time. I don't know what to do. I just get a bad feeling about taking it. I don't want to let baby down, I don't want hubby mad at me. Doc says it's my choice, but he highly recommends it. If baby measures big he'll induce at 38 weeks. Sigh. I didn't take it last night like I said I would. 95 this morning. :(

I get an ultrasound in 2 weeks and the Group B Strep swab, then go weekly after that and will be put on the monitor. Joy.

I'd love to do a natural birth, but knowing me it will not happen. My doc had mentioned a long time ago he gives morphine and epidural - I really hope he was joking. I am not taking any morphine, what the heck? I hope that's for when baby is out! I plan to get the epidural right before I start suffering. That's the advice I've been given by numerous ladies I know who have given birth recently. They all say they regret not doing it sooner. One even said once she got the epidural her body relaxed and baby was out in the next hour. Just do what you feel is right. What's right for one isn't right for the other. I'm fine with epidural (even though it creeps me out), but I'm not fine with strong pain meds, I always feel sick and dizzy with them.

Doc says insulin still since my numbers were higher this week. I cried last night when I was supposed to take it. I feel guilty, but feel strongly against it at the same time. I don't know what to do. I just get a bad feeling about taking it. I don't want to let baby down, I don't want hubby mad at me. Doc says it's my choice, but he highly recommends it. If baby measures big he'll induce at 38 weeks. Sigh. I didn't take it last night like I said I would. 95 this morning. :(

I get an ultrasound in 2 weeks and the Group B Strep swab, then go weekly after that and will be put on the monitor. Joy.

I'd love to do a natural birth, but knowing me it will not happen. My doc had mentioned a long time ago he gives morphine and epidural - I really hope he was joking. I am not taking any morphine, what the heck? I hope that's for when baby is out! I plan to get the epidural right before I start suffering. That's the advice I've been given by numerous ladies I know who have given birth recently. They all say they regret not doing it sooner. One even said once she got the epidural her body relaxed and baby was out in the next hour. Just do what you feel is right. What's right for one isn't right for the other. I'm fine with epidural (even though it creeps me out), but I'm not fine with strong pain meds, I always feel sick and dizzy with them.

That is how I am with pain meds.. They always knock me out or make me really sick and loopy feeling. I'm just going to play it by ear and see how things go.

Fairycat - im sorry about the insulin :( it won't be for long though. I was started on metformin this week but if that doesn't bring me under control then I also will be started insulin. I'm not happy about it but I want me and baby to be as healthy as possible. Hang in there hun. and bright side if they do have to induce that is 2 weeks earlier that you get to hold your baby girl! They can't give you medications you don't give the OK for. So ask before they give you anything, some doc's give morphine after baby is out so you are more comfortable when delivering the after birth and any stitches if needed, but still very much up to you.

srobbins - I'm also really playing the medications by ear. I've talked to my doctor and asked about hospital protocol on epidurals so I know when I can ask for one and if they have them continuous or if I get to use a button to administer as I want. That is always something you can ask before getting. For my hospital they would put in the epidural give you a shot to make sure if it's working or not but then after that its up to me how much medication I want to get through it or not. I have a usually high pain tolerance and most pain meds make me sicker than a dog so I don't take anything more than Tylenol.

AFM - My scan is on Thursday to see if baby is getting too big sense my belly is measuring ahead. Hoping it's not I really would like to make it as close to 40 weeks as possible. Started on metformin which is giving me yucky stomach symptoms lol. I'm horrible and still haven't packed my bag :( I think thursday I will go buy the maturity bras I want and then pack it, it just has been feeling too real haha. But on a good note I have all of my cloth diapers washed and ready to go, and babies bag mostly packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->