August Sunbeams!

I still haven't taken the insulin. Part of me is feeling really guilty about it, and the other part thinks it will be fine. I still don't know what to do. All I know is my doc will probably be mad at me. I don't even want to send in my numbers to the clinic, even though they are lower this week, but still in the lower 90s. Sigh :(

I have baby's bag packed but not my own. I really need to get started on mine this week. I've been getting crampy the past few days with some shooting pains in my cervix, which is new. I was having BH a LOT yesterday. They were coming pretty much 15 mins apart all day. Not as many today, but still crampy. Hubs bought me my maternity bras, so now I have something to pack in my bag. I think I've decided not to buy my own nursing gown for the hospital. I did buy a robe though for some sort of modesty.

how is everyone feeling this week?

Fairy - I ended up going to our OB triage thinking i might be in labor lol. But i also just had really consistent BH that were super intense yikes! But my cervix was closed tight so she wasn't going anywhere. I think I will buy a robe too, I'm using hospital gowns also but a robe would be nice to cover more lol. My maturity bras came in the mail yesterday so I'm gonna pack my bag today. Really only going to bring a change of cloths, my leave paperwork, and lots of granny undies, i think??

My scan last week baby was not big at all but was positioned still head up and with her back to my belly so it was hard to get measurements. They said I have borderline low fluid again but I'm gonna worry about it. It's weird to be going to the docs every week now.

Oh no! That would stink going in thinking you're in labor and aren't. My BH are still pretty close together most days, but not as often as when I last posted.

I still haven't started my bag. I need to get on that! I need to get some travel containers for my shower stuff, I think that's what's holding me back because that's the easy part lol.

Do you plan to breastfeed? I've been seeing people take their boppy, and I thought that was a fantastic idea.

That's good your baby isn't measuring big! I'm kinda nervous about my scan on Thursday, I don't want her to be big. If she is I'll be induced. I'm avoiding the diabetes people like the plague right now. I'm pretty sure I'm a bad person for it :( I start weekly appts after Thursday's appt, I can imagine that will be weird to go that often!

I'm doing okay, hanging in there with tons of BH's and feeling bigger by the day. My dr and I have decided to induce me at 39 weeks (Aug 1st) if baby doesn't come before then. I'm hoping he comes before then of course but all that matters to me is that he's healthy. I see my GD dietician tomorrow for the final appt, and my numbers have continued to be very good, in fact they've begun to drop since reaching 37 weeks so I suspect I'm out of the woods now. Hospital bag is all packed, nursery is ready, clothes and blankets are washed, car seat is installed and dr is on board with our birth plan. I'm ready! Now to just wait and hope these BH's become true labor soon.

Sounds like you're doing well Kuawen! Can't believe we'll have babies soon!

Kuawen - oh my goodness aug 1st! that is gonna be here before you know it! so exciting !!!

Fairycat - i am planning on breast feeding but I had a reduction a few years ago so i know I might not be able to. I have been leaking a little so I hope thats a good sign that I will be able to. My boppy is coming with me to the hospital. I might also bring my pump so they can show me how to use it haha. Can't believe how close we are!
Hopefully baby is not too big at your scan. let us know how it goes :) I also haven't called in my sugars the last 2 weeks. They have been fine though. heck I've even had some after eating in the 70's

Can't wait for this baby to be here!

swimmy, that's not a bad idea about bringing the pump so they can show you how to use it! Smart.

So my doc appointment yesterday went well. Baby is measuring right on track for 36 weeks at 6 lbs 7 oz. She's in the 56th percentile, she was in the 57th at 28 weeks. Doc wasn't exactly happy I didn't follow his advice about the insulin, but he's ok with me not taking it. He's sending a note to the educators, because they complained to him that I won't call them back lol. If baby is good, I'm good with my decision. I'm glad I trusted my instinct.

He wants to induce between 39-40 weeks if baby doesn't come on her own. So looks like I'm not making it to my due date. I'm thinking either August 12 or August 15. Gosh, 3 weeks away!! :shock:

Baby was sucking her thumb during the ultrasound, definite sucking movement too. She's doing so well already!

This baby will be here soon. I feel my body changing and baby has dropped. The animals are changing their behavior toward me too.

Fairycat - fingers crossed it's soon! my belly has also dropped a lot this week. getting very very uncomfortable. A little bummed, I went to my doc monday baby is still breach and now very tangled in her cord. My fluid levels are lower so we are doing another scan this friday. If they are below 5 we will do a c-section this weekend. If not then we will keep scanning for safety but fit me in for a section some time between 37-39 weeks. I really didn't want a c-section but my main goal has always been just get baby out safe and that's all that matters. My doctor was really apologetic (not like its her fault lol) that we couldn't try and turn her but with her wrapped in the cord and low fluid it would just be too dangerous.

Can't believe our babies will be here so quickly! Fingers crossed gals we are almost there.

Random but do you gals want to keep chatting on here after they get here or join a new mom thread?

Wow swimmy, that's coming fast!!! Sorry the babe is wrapped in the cord :( A c-section is scary, but at least baby will be safe, you're right. I hope the cord fixes itself so you don't have to go through that.

If you guys want, I have an August pregnancy group on fb if you want to join in. If not, I have no problem joining another mom thread with you guys.

I was having BH about every 5-6 minutes last night, it was such a tease! I finally got the hospital bag packed, because the contractions were freaking me out. I'm seriously scared I won't know when I'm in labor, ha.

Wow swimmy, that's coming fast!!! Sorry the babe is wrapped in the cord :( A c-section is scary, but at least baby will be safe, you're right. I hope the cord fixes itself so you don't have to go through that.

If you guys want, I have an August pregnancy group on fb if you want to join in. If not, I have no problem joining another mom thread with you guys.

I was having BH about every 5-6 minutes last night, it was such a tease! I finally got the hospital bag packed, because the contractions were freaking me out. I'm seriously scared I won't know when I'm in labor, ha.

I would love to join the group on Facebook! Do you have a link to the page?

srobbins, I don't have a link, because it's a private group so you can't search for it. I've just had people add me to fb so I can add them to the group. Or you can give me your name and what's on your profile pic so I can add the right person. Either way works. My name is Amy Hernandez and profile pic is my bump with baby shoes on it.

Fairy - my name is justine and my picture is a faceshot of me and my Dh i sent you a request so you can add me to the group :) sorry about the BH those can get really regular sometimes and scare ya.

Im getting really nervous for my scan tomorrow. I called my doc and said my BS's have been going up and wanted to know if they wanted me to increase the medication i've been taking but she said no that she wants to see where my scan is at tomorrow and then they will adjust if needed. then asked if mine and babies bag was packed just incase we need to go from her office. YIKES!!!

swimmy, I added you to the group! :)

Yikes! At least your doc is cautious about upping your meds, that's good. You're so close, there may not even be a need. Crazy she told you to pack your bag just in case. Hope all goes well with the scan.

Good luck at your scan swimmy :hugs: praying all goes well!

I see from your signature that your baby has arrived, congratulations Mrs W! :happydance:

Scan did not go well. I was at 5, so they sent me over to the hospital.
I'm really annoyed sense my doctor told me that at 5 or under we would do a c-section. Instead they decided to do fluid replacement and keep baby in longer and discharged me after staying the night and fluid levels coming up to 8.
Waiting to hear back from the office now to schedule a c-section and repeat ultrasound. My patients is just getting very thin haha I'm sure most moms are by now.

Congrats Mrs. W!

Fingers crossed for all of us we are all in the home stretch!

Wow, that's crazy. At least they are giving baby the chance to develop well - might be a good thing? I'd be frustrated thinking I'd have a baby and now they don't want to. Hang in there!

Hubby is starting to massage my pressure points, and it's doing nothing. :/ If I wasn't in so much pain I wouldn't be so antsy to get this baby out.

Doctors office finally called back. C-section is on for the 16th. It's crazy that I know now what day she will be here (if we don't have to go early). But now I'm getting non-stress tests twice a week and scans every week. ugh gonna be a busy busy girl! 1st test is on thursday along with my normal ob appointment. Which i then want to talk to my doctor very frankly about the plan if these scans/tests are not good. then ultrasound again on friday.

Really trying to keep working the rest of this week. If i can make it to next tuesday I have a week off and then can start my leave :) working 12 hour nights is kicking my butt though.

Also totally freaked out you guys can laugh at me. I tried to shave "down there" totally couldn't see at all what I was doing and ended up giving myself a pretty nasty cut. Bled like crazy, it took me a good 5 minutes of panic and mirrors to figure out it was not vaginal bleeding and I was fine hahaha. Last time I try that again.

Fairy - have you tried using a breast pump, it really can get contractions going. Nipple stimulation is something my doctor recommends to moms who want to get stuff moving along.

Oh man, I would freak out about blood too if I cut myself and couldn't see!! It's funny, but not! It's so hard to shave down there... I can picture myself in labor and shaving before I leave lol

I haven't tried the pump, I actually have no idea how to use it. Pumping and breastfeeding are like 2 things I'm scared of right now, just because I know nothing about it. I'm sure I could figure out the pump, but it scares me right now. I massaged the pressure points in the meat between my thumbs and index fingers last night and got contractions going every 10 minutes, but they stopped after an hour or so when I went to bed :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->