Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

good luck Amanda!

just saw FB, another friend pregnant, so im going to go and have a little hysterical cry!

Ok Ginny, thanks for that, I think I will put the other tests away! I had no idea!! :) how you feeling? Have you got your pre ov cranky pants on like the rest of us get? Lol

Cossi, it was just cos I had been spitting for a week and he was just ruling it out. Good job not testing. You're very strong!

Good luck ababa, do excited for results!

Hey looney! Hope you're feeling good!!!

Hi ladies!! Hope you are all having a good day!

Ababa- please post a scan pic!!!! Can't wait!!!

Lainey- my next scan is the first week of Dec too! Haven't nailed down a date yet.

So at my last appt I told my doctor how worried I was about a MC, and how every time I wasn't sick or my boobs were less sore I would have a mini panic attack, and he told me that almost all MCs happen because of chromosomal abnormalities and it's natures way. It doesn't really help but I guess in a way it does. I just have to trust in God that if its meant to be it will....l just wish I could turn the worry off!!! But I suppose that the worry will just get worse after the baby is born! :shrug:

Scary hairy legs are the worst!
Hang in there abs, I reckon you are next!

Rosie I read loads of threads where women don't have any symptoms at all sometimes! Having babies is a worry full stop from the day you decide to try. It will be ok just trust your body :)

I don't think I get pre O crankiness! I definitely get pre AF crankiness! I've been on a bit of a wile emotional roller coaster though lately though - poor DF!

Rosie - I think it's around 70% of miscarriages are due to chromosomal issues. Most times a person will never know, since tissue has to be tested and often early miscarriages happen at home and it's never collected etc.

Please don't worry about not having sore boobs/many symptoms though! All those first trimester systems vary so much from person to person and it's suspected that it's just how a person's body reacts to the different levels of hcg in their system. People even have varying levels of symptoms from pregnancy to pregnancy. I've even had morning sickness after my pregnancies have ended!! So 99% of the time I don't think it's any indication of how well the pregnancy is going. And I bet you're is going perfectly!

And you're right the worry doesn't end, but once you start feeling bubs kicking and then later you get to hold them, the worry is balanced out by so much enjoyment that it doesn't seem so bad :)

Thanks Jayne and Ginny! I truly can't wait until the worry gets balanced out by the enjoyment!!! Xx

amanda- everything will be fine, cant wait to hear your results!! xx

hello to everyone else!

Rosie, totally get that! When I wasn't getting sick, I was worried, now that I'm getting a bit sick, I'm worried that I'm not sick enough. You will never stop the worry! My best mates sister had a dream pregnancy, no sickness at all, neat little bump, happy, healthy, 2 hr labour and baby was born healthy. For number 2, she had a pretty similar run, only difference is that labour was only about an hour & half. Some people just get a good run.

I try to relax, cos if mc is going to happen, nothing I do will change that, so just try to get excited where I can!

I had no sickness with H at all. I can't tell you how many times I cried when he was sick when he was born, thinking I should have known there was something wrong, I wasn't sick enough. Stupid. As if morning sickness would have prevented him having holes in his heart, and the rest. I still worry for the same ridiculous types of things with this one. Probably more now because I now know just how much CAN go wrong, and how lucky I am! Surely my luck will run out soon? It doesn't have to - you know why? Sometimes, good things DO happen to good people. And we're all good people. So let the good times roll on.
PS Scan went well for those that aren't my FB mate. So relieved. Waiting now till the combined blood/scan results - Monday lunchtime.

Well said Amanda! It's true, no reason why we can't all have a dream run for a while!

Glad your scan went well! X

Yeah for the scan number2 - are you going to post us a picture :)

im bit down today Ladies, the cry turned into a sob that i cant seem to stop!....trying to cheer myself up by music! this was our wedding song! (i have a very close friend who is in a popular sydney band) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhEtYs3iP0c

my advice on BF from watching sisters and friends go through this....well meaning woman, usually mothers, mothers in law, grandmothers, will say phrases like "i think the baby needs a little top up" ...new mothers tend to go with the well meaning womans advice. DONT! its a supply and demand thing. as soon as there are top ups going on with formula etc your screwed. the baby wants more, you will know, the baby will suck harder and you will produce more.
just my 2cents on that one!

You're right. I have a combined total of almost 5 years of bf under my belt.
I would never ever ever judge a mother for bottle feeding though

how are you feeling Smithy? MS going ok love?

re breast feeding debate- it shits me when people have a "right" way and a very strong opinion they push on you. No one knows everyones story and the ins and outs of their struggle or story with breastfeeding. Like shell, i worry I won't be able to, no reason for worry, just dumb pregnancy worry, but am really hoping I'll be able to. My sister did, but has warned me its not always as easy to get started as some women let on. My mum was unable to breastfeed both of us, she had one inverted nipple, and had no choice, she just couldn't, but I think we turned out alright. Views on breastfeeding, how long, in public, can be so harsh, and I think its a very personal decision and should be left to the woman (and her family) to deal with, not the public. I do hope I'll be able to, but don't judge any woman that can't or doesn't, besides, formula these days and bottles have become very natural and bottle fed babies are just as healthy as breast fed.

TGIF everyone! Today was my sleep day after night shift and now I'm on days off, yay. Spent most of my today clutching onto the passenger seat of my car in fear as DH drove me around (he's on his L's and not very confident). You know that emoticon with the googly eyes? Well I closely resembled that for much of the drive....

What's everyone else got planned for the weekend?

Amber totally agree....you give it your best shot! no judgement on the end result! i feel terrible that i hope EDB has a fucking hard time of it, after all her stupid judgement....but she wont, she will find it easy, with an easy baby....the skies have given her an easy ride and i must accept that!

i did some shopping for you today Amber! oh i got quite excited....so i will send on Monday!

ladies, im not good. overall....bad bad bad head space. im being very annoying to myself even. so apologies.

Hi ladies :)

Amber I agree completely re the bf! Nobody has the right to judge anybody! :)

Abby I hippie you feel better soon honey x

I feel like crap again! Thought that I was over it, but clearly not! Smithy, doesn't look like it's easing up for us hey! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->