Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Maddy, is it usual that you get injections with IUI? Is it so they know exactly when you O or is it for something else?

Ginny,
My understanding (although I don't have the plan in hand yet) is that I will have injections (the really small ones, I think Kiwi also had those) for a few days to stimulate follicle/egg growth. Then an ultrasound & bloods at CD8 to check how many follies are growing & to check hormone levels. Then they will monitor regularly until at least 1 follie reaches maturity. Then I give myself a trigger shot (Ovidrel) that will force my body to O within 36 hours, and they will do the IUI in that timeframe. After IUI I have to lie down for 15 mins and that's it - I will then be PUPO! Apparently the first cycle is often not successful (while they work out what drug levels suit you), so we are prepared for this one to be a test only.

Newbie,
AF is due Saturday and I'll start the injectibles a couple of days later.

Thanks for asking :)

Thank you all for the supportive words ladies. much love! very grateful to have you all in my life, and i apologise for not really paying much attention today with what was going on with you all!

Ginny, excellent advice! i do need to focus on something else...got to work out what that is, but my world has been very work and TTC and both are stressful and its taking its toll.

My day pretty much sucked, because whenever i get really upset or stressed my brain does this dumb thing where it tries to "distract" me by giving me a panic attack. dont know if any of you have had them before, best i can describe would be the feeling you would have the moment you fell off a cliff, when you know its the end, but you havent hit yet. in short, unpleasant. SO had me one of those...awesome....then i went for a long walk. Just got out of the office and tried to clear my head and get down to the core issue here.

So my thoughts...in an effort to be helpful to us all!

i think its the lack of feeling in control. thats why we chart, take OPKs and everything else...to feel some sense of control in a situation that is relatively out of your control. who knows why i cant conceive! who knows why some people fall the first cycle easily then struggle or vice versa. Who knows why losses happen (Ginny i think you mentioned they used the phrase "bad luck" at your appointment), it could just well be that. Here is the thing; you can be the best, loveliest, kindest, funniest, healthiest person and struggle. you can also be a complete utter wanker and it happen easily (and vice versa). Junkies get knocked up all the time! and go on to carry babies to term....WTF is that? its cruel. its based on nothing tangible. We try and control it, to package it in a way that we can process, to allow ourselves the pleasure of owning and fixing the problem. You take your folate and iodine every day and nod your head with a job well done! i take my co q 10 and think, there you go ageing eggy, some energy for you, and i feel better..but the reality is that we cant control any of this. its a total rollercoster of joys and despair...for some its easy and for some its a constant battle and there is no Rhyme or reason behind who gets the easy ride. fat, thin, rich, poor, good genes, bad genes, beautiful, ugly, smart, wanker, heart of gold, pure evil. its cruel with how indiscriminate fertility issues are.
therefore i cant let it take over. its not me. i havent done something wrong, i havent let my partner down, my mother down, or myself. may be its all for a reason....may be one day when im so tired and sick of hearing a baby cry i will think back to today, when brown CM had me reduced to a blubbering mess and find the will to keep on going. May be it will make me a better mother, a better wife, and a better person...
i hope so

sorry for the ramble.

Hi girls, sorry for being mia today, my boss was being an asshole so I told him he was and took the rest of the day off!!! Came home with a killer headache and snoozed with my puppies....

Abs love what you just shared. And it's all very true. But one day you will have a beautiful baby in your arms that you made such an incredible effort to make and it will all be worth it!!! I don't begrudge those who get their bfp's straight away, or think it will mean any less to them, I just know that when it happens to us who have struggled through the long hard yards, that it will be worth every minute of trying xxx

Maddy I'm excited for you!!! I really hope you don't get side effects from the injections and that your test run proves to be in fact a keeper!

Hi everyone else, sorry for crap catch up, it's been a shit day and I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself!!!

Xxx

Gosh I hope kiwi is ok....haven't seen her in a while....thinking of you hun!

yeah me to, Saturday was her SIL wedding and she knew when she was ovulating....so hoping she has been getting busy with DH!

by the way references to pure evil and such in my above post has to with EDB....never do i begrudge anyone a BFP, be it first time, or after years, especially none of all my friends here, you are all most dear to me.

I feel like I need to come and get Abby and Newbie and take you both home, pop you into bed, make you some nice hot chocolates and some cakes or something yummy and look after you till you feel better. Do you think that's my maternal instinct shining through? Hugs girls - you guys deserve it and you will get it soon. xo

Well i also think im going to ditch most of the TTC "tools" available to me. lets face it they havent helped, probably hindered, and are just costing me money. i use opks and i STILL have no fucking clue when i ovulate. so i use the expensive ones, nope no help there either.
im just going to have to have a lot of sex with my husband. i might stay at temping. but even that hasnt been a reliable tool for me.

Oh Abby, hugs to you honey Xx maybe the relaxed approach will work for you? X

I know you don't abs! I didn't read that in your post at all hun. Just imagine if we have daughters who struggle, we will be their inspiration!!!!

Thanks Amanda, you are so sweet (along with hilarious!!!) xx

I hear you abs, not temping had me a chemical not that I'm sure it was related....but the cbfm now is giving me some piece of mind....the first month didn't give me the egg but the second and third have, it's easy to use cos just fmu...if I manage by any chance this cycle I am sending it your way with some of 2nums magic sticks!!!!

Much love xxx

Oh thanks Sasha! thats really really sweet! now i have more reasons to hope this is your month! xoxoxoxoxo
i think if i have no idea when i ovulate i might go insane, so temping at the very end makes a picture that makes sense i suppose, so i will do that. but not think about cross hairs at all! they get it wrong regularly with me. i also wont "will" my body to be warmer (yes i do that, and i wonder if it works)...dumb!
with a long cycle like mine im about to get a whole lot of sex! not sure how relaxed that will be...trying to make it fun, not a chore...and not get a UTI! Lord help me!
Also no wine, no cola drinks, good healthy diet, exercise

Anytime abs, if I can help you in anyway I will! The one thing I never take for granted is my short and regular cycles. And the cbfm is supposed to be a godsend for those with the opposite, I have everything crossed for this cycle for me, but also that you have a shorter one next time that ends up your longest!

I do think temping gives some sanity when they are long and confusing, just do not be hard on yourself hun!!!

Xx

oh and Amanda i wish my own mother was as caring as you xoxo id love to come over and be taken care of!

my mother also fell pregnant from "just looking at my father" (yep same as your...i think?).....and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I really dont know what i would do without all of your support.

Edit: yeah lets this be the Sasha Amy month!

I agree with Smithy! I can't wait till you all get your bfp's x

Hey girls, big dAy and I'm busted. Actually, not even a big day, but I'm tucked up in bed, so just saying goodnight.

I caught up, but won't comment now, will in the morning. Keep supporting each other girls! You're the best! Hope you're both ok sash & Amy xx

Night everyone xxxx

Hi my lovelies! I have been so slack I know! After the full on week of writing reports last week I just needed a couple of days break from my computer! I am going to catch up now on the million pages I've missed (chatterboxes!! :)) so for now I will just say that I wish I could give everyone a real non cyber hug because you are the most incredible bunch of women I have ever met!

Oh also I had my blood test today and get the results on Friday - praying hard that the meds are on track where they should be!!

Love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->