Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Squeezes I was equally devo'd. Had looked forward to it for a week. No offense X factor, but to ditch w&l?????? Idiots.

Thanks 2mums, he did and I feel better now. Interview was outstanding. Just a shame was with recruiter and not the company cos I smashed it, if I do say so myself ( new dress helped I think ;) )

Ps 2 nuns, just count down the days, not long now dnd you're back there to celebrate properly hun xxx
And in sure bib is fine, just nice and cosy xxx

Sash I'm sure the perfect job will come along soon. Yay for new dress - gotta love retail therapy! X

llpm - I am hoping it will work for me, I have been researching like crazy and went out to get my supplies today. I am starting with 100mg B6, 500mg C, 3 x 660mg vitex plus the elevit pregnancy and conception multi I was already taking. The vitex tablets are enormous!

Melainy congrats about getting a place, I missed your post before :)

oh and here is another vote for eggs on the side!:hi: I love fried eggs, and boiled. I like to put a boiled egg each in the salad.

I have done some more reading up about low progesterone and it seems to be linked to PCOS... I probably should have known that, but when I got my diagnosis I wasn't trying to get pregnant and I was more worried about the weight and wacky periods. I am wondering now why B6 and vitex isn't offered to people with PCOS by doctors? Maybe it is but none of mine have suggested it. From what I have been reading it may help with lots of the symptoms including the weight issues!

Amber sorry to hear you're missing home - not long now! What are traditional thanksgiving foods? - apart from turkey - I know about that one! X

turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy, yams (sweet potato with toasted marshmallows on top) mashed potato, corn, bread rolls, green bean casserole, salad, my family always has my aunts (the sick one) home-made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, ice cream, etc.
ohhh, its all so yummy, smells so good, and its all about family!!

no doubt the new dress would have helped, always does!! And its great you smashed it, he'll pass that on, and you'll have another job, and be out of boring training in no time! :)

I am counting the days til home, friends and family! and lucky for me my mum is amazing and she is making a mini thanksgiving when we are at her house in December, i'm just whingy.

Thanks angel :)

I may have splashed out a little today, but I reckon my redundancy earned that for me (not that I'll tell dh...will just sneak purchases is slowly!!!!)

yummy!!!!! that sounds like a feast 2 mums.

lol, it is Tara, you get up at like 5 or 6 to start the turkey and cook all day, miss lunch, and dinner with family is early, like 4 or 5, then you pass out bc you are stuffed!! :haha: perfection!

Thanks 2 nuns, I'm In two minds. Yay for your trip, but we will miss you heaps xx

Sounds like christmas at my house, though I do two roasts and a ham and somehow end up doing all the cooking! hehehe. This year I am trying to find some traditional Macedonian dishes as a suprise for DW's dad, he is Macedonian and this is the first christmas he has spent with us. Until fairly recently he thought we were flat-mates (urghhh). It was complicated but I am so relieved it is all out in the open now. I hated having to pretend, especially after we got married!

Nana, hope your job situ improved ASAP!

2mums hope you're ok Hun, sounds epic! I can see how an Aussie roast wouldn't quite stack up. Hope you're ok! Nice of you to be happy to your friends. Talk to oh if you need to tho!! Xx

Tara, lots of vitamins! Make sure you don't cross over on things that are in all tablets. One of them is bad for a baby if you have too much. Vitamin a I think??

Goodnight everyone! Xx

I vote next year we all fly to Amber's house and have a traditional thanksgiving together!

Very sneaky sash! Love new purchases! X

Tara, id say cause most doctors dont have the training or fully understand the impact of herbs? Vitex has been very helpful to me, and believe me you want the tablet not the liquid.
Squeegs is correct too much vitamin A can be bad. but your mix you have there sounds fine. im taking the same actually, but also Co Q 10 (now there is a huge tablet) for ageing eggs, and fish oil (without mercury), cause i read in a book that i should!

Morning everyone! well the NRB goes well! DH seems up for it (pardon the pun).

We are going to miss you 2nuns! im sorry about the home sickness, but im glad that your friends are trying to do something for you. may be dont compare them, cause they never will....and this can become your Australian thanksgiving tradition? i used to LOVE christmas, but its changed cause my family is so much older now, and generally its a bit depressing (being the only one without children), but i try to not compare to how it used to be, cause that is what makes me sad

hope everyone has an ace day.....EDB last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY

Yay abs! Last day, what a relief! Thanks for clearing up taralyns vitamins all being ok. I didn't know what was in them all. Always better to mention something rather than keep quiet when there is too much of something!

Have a great day everyone!

I agree ababa, yams sound disgusting, I would defo try one tho, cis I think out there foods ate always worth trying, cos why would so many people live something disgusting? It's probably awesome! I'm trying to imagine what it looks like, also at what stage of the sweet potato cooking do you add the marshmallows? And how brown do you make them, if at all?

Angel, great idea, I have always hated the idea of thanksgiving, but hearing how important it is to 2mums makes me want to experience it with her!

Morning ladies! Sorry I have been a little MIA these last couple of days but I have been hit by fatigue which I think is a combination of jet lag, the insomnia I have been suffering and pregnancy. I am not enjoying being nack at work either and feel a little overwhelmed atm in regards to how and when to tell my boss, how my students will be when I go on maternity leave, planning next year’s experiments and the security of my job in general! Sigh, the woos of science!

On a brighter note, I have been keeping up to date but have just been too tired to comment (slack I know and poor excuse). But in true cossi-style, below is the current watch list. Love to all xxx

Wednesday Watch List!!! 21/11/2012

Two Week Waiter’s
Kiwi
Angel: 2DPO (fx’d!)

Waiting to Ovulate
Newbie (nana): CD18 (waiting for crosshairs!)
Jayney: CD9
Abby: CD8
Tarelyn: CD5
Major Bee: CD4
Maddy

Ginny: WTT

11 :bfp: ‘s!!!
2Mums: 19 weeks - it's a BOY!!!!!!
LLMP: 14 weeks
Number2: 14 weeks
Lisa S (Smithy): 11 weeks
Melainey: 11 weeks
Rosie: 10 weeks
Mum 2 Quigley (Squeegs): 10 weeks
MissieT: 7 weeks
Lisafr: 7 weeks
cossime: 5 weeks
SKyle: 5 weeks

xxxx

Morning all, and yay for last edb day abs!!! I say that is cause for a celebration!!!

And thanks for yet another update cossie, you are a top woman! I will be waiting for ch's for a long time it would seem, i input like another 5 high temps and i still dont get them so i think its fair to say that just like me, ff has no freaking idea about my chart this month! Stupid stupid stupid!

I will be so happy to get to the end of today. This week feels like the longest of my life and i cant see it improving any time soon, its turning me into a complete whinger!!! Not to mention working with this girl is taking away from my bnb time and i do not like that. lol

Have a great day lovely girls!!! XXX

Tara- what you are trying/thinking of doing for DWs father is awesome of you. He'll appreciate it!

angel- you're all welcome, i've already told OH that when we're in the big house, we are hosting a real Thanksgiving, its a hell of a lot of work, but all worth it in the end! Plus can't miss little ones firsts, whether they are american or australian despite what country we're in!

amanda- i completely understand, some aussies liked the yams last year, others not so much. The pallet is so different. I find them to be delicious. But found out they are far too sweet for most aussies.

abby- i am looking on the bright side, its a wonderful thing they are doing, and its nice to have an 'aussie thanksgiving' i'll never turn down a meal with friends i dont have to cook!! Oh christmas, thats a whole other issue, xmas here versus xmas there, worlds apart, no comparison, couldnt even try. one is nice salads, at the beach, in shorts and singlet, the other with fires, and comfy clothes, big meals, lights and decoration. two different holidays. American christmas is amazing, OH loves it, and has agreed to go this year and next!! woo-hooo, we have 3 under 5 there, plus next year ours, so its fun again, kid fun again at least ;)

shell- glad you'd try them, you wouldnt have a choice though if you came to my house, they found out last year, family rules include having a 'no thank you helping' - one spoon, one bite, must try everything :) its a good rule, if you dont like it, no harm, if you do, now you know and can have more!! Although I hated the rule as a kid. You smash the sweet potato, adding brown sugar, butter, and such (hence the twoo sweet for aussies) and warm them in the oven and in the last 5 minutes you throw mini mallows on the top and brown.

cossi- great catch up as usual!

:jo: hope your day goes by quick, at least your outta there earlier than later :)

I'm excited for you to go see your family but sad you won't be around 2 mums. I have never understood the yams thing, never ever lol. I do want to try pumpkin pie though!

Sash, yay for new dress and sneaky shopping ;)

YAY LAINEY!!! So happy for you darling girl

Cossi - I hope you feel better soon love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"