• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babies Due Dec 5- 15 ish??

Thought I would post because I am having an awful night. I finally start getting sleepy around midnite and go to bed while DF watches TV. I go to kiss him goodnight and I am trying to get around his fold up table and slam my leg into the glass side table. After cursing incessively, he tells me I need to pay attention in a very rude manner. So I slam the table where it belongs and go to bed. DF comes in an hour later after I am finally in a deep sleep and wants his pillow back (no biggie) and then proceeds to start trying to get me 'in the mood'. I was not a happy person because he knows I have been having issues sleeping and I'm sorry but grabbing my aching boobs that are killing me and breathing into my ear while I am dying of heat is NOT my idea of 'a good mood'. So I tell him to stop because its way too hot in the room. Which mind you he has done the same thing. Now I have an AH instead of a DF (AH as in A******!) And proceed to get a "Great, I get to deal with this **** for another 9 months!" So I grabbed my pillow and went to the (awful) couch. I am just so hurt and upset right now that he has to act like that. Same shit happened with DD so I don't know why would be any different this time around. You would think your SO would be a little nicer, especially the way I have been feeling lately. He will be nice one minute and the next he's Mr. Hyde. I'm sorry ladies, I don't mean to impose upon you guys. It's 2 am and I am crying on the couch wondering how the hell I am going to get through the next 9 months with these issues. I wish would realize that when I wake up, it seems like my body temp went up 10 degrees and maybe if he would like a better response from me, he should do it in a better way and not like a damn cave man. So now I feel stupid for laying on the couch even though it is hurting my already hurting lower back but I don't want to go back to bed with someone who obviously doesn't care about my feelings, especially when I am pregnant. This is such bullcrap...it is going to be a great Sunday. Hope you ladies have a better one :-(

How awful fo you!!! I haven't had that with my husband yet but I know that hot in the night feeling!!! He is a firefighter and works in London 4 days a week so I get the bed to myself, when he comes back for his 4 days off, I have to get used to the temp change - he is like a hot water bottle!! Especially the first night! He has caught the wrath of my hormones several times in the night these past few weeks!!
Does sound like you oh should be more sympathetic hope he apologises and treats you like a queen when he realises what an ah he has been!!! Xx

Yeah he is being nice again. Apparently, he was joking. This is not the time to joke with me lol! He's taking me out shopping today for dresses because jeans are getting a bit snug. And ONLY in my tummy area! I got 3 jersey kimono dresses that are soooo comfy! Looking for a couple more and I will be set for now. I'm only nearing 7 weeks but most days I've got a small tummy now and it hurts to suck in. This pregnancy is really kicking my butt :-( men and their body heat right????

Oh Mousey :hugs: you poor love! Please know that you are not alone. I've never slept in another room from my husband in the almost 7 years we've been together...but I did it for the first time 2 weeks ago! I honestly can't even remember what it was about but I was crying and feeling just the way you were. My DH can absolutely do the same personality switches sometimes and it is such an awful feeling...but made SOOO much worse when you're pregnant because you start wondering HOW you will survive raising a child with this HORRIBLE person! I think there is nothing to do but for you both to take some time to yourselves and then come back when you are BOTH being more rational so you can make up...and you always will. You've made it this long for a reason.

I'm wishing you very healthy pregnancy thoughts -- I know it will be hard to relax until 16 weeks but I've got a good feeling that our strong symptoms are all a very good sign of a growing, healthy, STRONG baby.

As for foods, I've found a few safe things. First, SOUP. It's all I want. Unfortunately due to massive reflux symptoms (which I think was actually causing much of my nausea) I can no longer eat anything with tomatoes...so sticking to "cream of" soups and other potato based soups as well. Also any salty potato chips will ease my tummy. Healthy, right? Ice water also hugely helpful, whereas I usually NEVER had ice in my water...and now craving carrots and celery with ranch dip (at least part of that is healthy...and not a processed carbohydrate). Anything else is a crapshoot. DH and I went to the grocery store today and I just bought anything that I could look at that didn't make me nauseous. That included apples, mac and cheese (never usually buy), pasta-roni (NEVER buy), ginger ale (YAY!), and fake chicken patties (the vegetarian kind). I can't stand the smell of meat or the taste of eggs...which was a lot of my diet pre-preggo. I couldn't even be near the meat, and I can't touch or prepare it at the moment, so poor DH is stuck doing all the meal prep unless he wants soup with fake chicken in it.

I swear I'm going to end up with gestational diabetes....

On the plus side....I'm HOME. I already feel so much more like myself and more comfortable. I took a super long shower and felt better than I had in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to getting up at 5-something for work tomorrow, but if it means I get to sleep in my own bed, so be it!

Gen-It's so good to hear you are home and feeling a bit better! I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as you could. Go get ur soup girl! Maybe I'll make some homemade chicken and noodle for myself (that's as far as I go as making soup for myself, lol)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with hormonal issues with SO. It is so frustrating sometimes! We're slowly learning how to handle our stress differently now that we are expecting again. It is a learning process for both of us and everything is just so different right now. I am hoping that DF is learning to just calm down a bit before opening his mouth to say something mean and I'm learning to just calm down before I bite his head off for no apparent reason.

He's helping me clean the house this week so that way I can relax Friday and we're going away for the weekend to visit his family and go fishing. I can't eat any fish but I am sooo gonna fish anyway. I'm already stocking up on lures and getting the rods/reels ready. We're just gonna do a deep clean on the house so I only have to do minor cleaning. He's taking care of the 2 fridges/freezers for me because I CANNOT deal with the smell of it. Almost threw up twice in the past two days but I'm trying not to because the smell of the toilet will just make it worse and I'm scared that if I start now, everytime I get nauseaous it's gonna happen. Tomorrow I am 7 weeks and I swear I am counting down the days until my first trimester ends!

Eating has gotten a bit better for me...but it could still be better. Spent all day out with DF and DD and it was NEEDED. I got a total of 7 kimono dress between Bealls Outlet and Burlington Coat Factory, and two new pairs of flats that much. I got a larger size and you can tell a bit but it fits in my bust and at least I can grow with it. (Damn you size Large...I was happy when I got away from you!)

DF was VERY nice yesterday. Took me to breakfast, shopping, just going wherever I wanted to go and even picked out my dresses. (He has way better style than I do, I'm horrible with clothes) and then we all went out to the movies and saw American Reunion. DD was pretty good except she had her Cochlear Implant on and towards the end she kept making little noises (her way of talking) It was cute but I was afraid of pissing off the other people in there (There were only 3 other people in the movie) then it was time to go home and we THOUGHT we would go to bed early but going down the main road in our neighborhood (mind you we live in BFE with dirt roads mostly) there was a woman who had the hood up on her car apparently trying to fix something. I of course told DF to stop and turn around and see if we could help. If it's a woman, I will stop. If it's a man, I've learned not to because on New Years dealt with a drunk guy who got his 4x4 truck stuck in sugar sand and refused to let us take him to the gas station up the road but wanted us to get our truck and pull his out. (Hmmm...it's 3 am and you want me to go down a dark dirt road??? Ummm...NO!)

So we were helping this girl and she was about my age and I noticed two little kids in the back seat so I was thankful we stopped. Tried everything but engine wouldn't turn over. We ended up going home (2 minutes up the road) and I went inside the house with DD and got ready for bed while DF went out to try and help. Half hour later I get a call from DF stating it's her fuel pump and they were able to get the car running to get it home and that she is actually on the next road. New neighbor in the duplexes down the road! This girl was just kinda crazy and kept talking and swearing she wasn't drunk and I just thought that maybe she was just kinda excited about everything. Then I get to hear her entire life story and lemme tell you, from the sound of it, her husband is a total douchebag. They have 3 kids (3,2, 6 month old who is still in hospital that was born at 25 weeks) and the husband refuses to get rid of his crappy Tiburon to get something all kids can be in. None of the air bags work in the car and has other issues and the dealership offered to give them what they got it for (4k!)

This poor girl I felt so sorry for her. Her husband didn't even come home last night and just stayed at his parents because he works 25 minutes away. I offered to take her and the kids anywhere they needed to go because I'm usually home until she gets her car fixed. I'll help her but I'm distancing myself a bit because with all the issues going on in her home I unfortunately can't help her and can't really deal with stress right now. But at least I offered to help.

Hello All! Im glad to hear that everyone is good, and getting along with their husbands! I still don't know what some of the short terms mean but I fill in the blanks as I see fit. I have some good news I went to the DR on the Monday and they informed me I was just a day shy of 9 weeks! We also got to see the baby and its little tiny heart beat! My husband, Marcus, and I just stared at the screen and cried and cried it is such a blessing to see that image, 3 months after having had such a traumatic experience the last time I had gotten a sonogram. The baby is healthy and hanging in as far as anyone can tell! :happydance:
The downside of it is that I have been so sick I actually lost 5 pounds in the last month or so. I can;t eat anything!! Crackers are worthless and all the home remedies in the world cannot seem to fix this never ending feeling of nausea:sick: But like they say that means the baby is growing! I am so happy for that but I can't eat which is turning into an issue and then its a viscous circle. The Dr. asked me on Monday if I wanted a script for the nausea and I said 'no because I thought I was managing it with ginger supplements I am taking' It turns out I was wrong I got on the subway today to go to work and immediately got sick, I no lie, thought I was going to die on the subway, I got so dizzy and sweaty and nausea I didn't know what to do. I then proceeded go into work and sob to my boss that I don't know what to do anymore how can I take 7 more months of this!!? So I ended up calling my Dr. and telling her I can't handle it anymore and I need the meds, and she said she will send in an electronic script to my pharmacy and SHE NEVER DID IT!! I luckily was able to eat a salad and a little rice followed by a few bites of fro yo. So I am feeling better now, but I am not sure that I can continue on this way simply because I know I am giving my baby very little nutrients at this point, which is probably worse than what ever they will give me to get rid of the nausea and give me an appetite....
We also just moved from NYC to Brooklyn so its been super stressful and busy between the pregnancy, work and moving I feel like my head is going to explode!
Any way not to be complete complainer but I just needed to vent to someone, here it new york it isnt that common that someone 27 yrs old is having a baby so none of my friends know what I am going through even if I decided to tell them. I have been so sick that I know they are suspecting something is up, I haven't seen them in a month and a half by now. But only two more weeks and then I can share my news with the world if I so choose :winkwink:
So on that note, I will be heading to bed and thanks for listening ladies. Any more suggestions on food, I am all ears.

Happy pregnant days to come for all!! (hopefully)

Hi ladies, havent heard from anyone in a while, how is everyone doing? Started my 11 week today!! woohoo one more week and the first tri is over!:happydance:

So sorry about your first angel :cry: it's a blessing to be pregnant again so soon though and i wish you all the best of luck. I'm 9 weeks with baby#1 due 20th December :) xxx

Hi Carzelle hows the sickness now? I was AWFUL last week but this week much better. Both a relief and a worry!! I finally got a date to see the midwife which is next tuesday. Then she will send off for my scan but the doc as already said I probably wont get it til week 13 because of how busy they are rather than the usual week 12. Arghh hope Im a lucky one and get in early! might stress to the midwife how worried ive been although im sure shes heard it all before :) hope everyone is well xx

p.s ordered a doppler yesterday, should come today. im excited but i think ill wait til my official 10 weeks which is sunday before i try incase I get disappointed. who am I kidding, ill be trying to hear tonight!!!

Hi Kelly, Did you use your doppler?? That is so exciting to hear the heart beat. How was the visit with the midwife today? The sickness is doing better. I got those preggy pops which do work for about 20 mins. I can finally see a little bump and today marks the 12th week!!However I have had like life overload. I quit my job yesterday...I was taking care of two little kids and then got in a fight with the mother of the children yesterday. This is a woman who doesn't work she more like has a hobby as an 'artist' so she sits at the computer all day and basically watches me watch her children. So yesterday I went to work early to take care of the little boy who is 4 and 1/2 and was sick with a little cold. I took him to the dr, played games with him, colored with him and allowed him to speak to me like I was a dog the entire day because he is sick and I didnt want to be hard on him while hes not feeling well. But when I made him dinner and he nastily told me he wouldnt be coming to eat it, I lost it and very sternly told him he is not to speak to me in that way. When the mother then comes out and tells me not to discipline a sick child. With that I told her I then I needed to leave because I who am experiencing MS almost all day long do not feel like being reprimanded as if i am her child, when she has heard him scream at me and in my face all day long and not addressed it. She then screams at the top of her lungs "if you leave dont fucking come back"!! With that we exchanged a few words where I informed her I am not her child, a slave, a robot, or a doormat and never to speak to me like that again. She then decides to inform me I have not been the "same patient Carlie who they've known for the past two years" in retort i told her that I will never and have never allowed for your child to scream in my face all day, and if you didnt approve of my tone or how I handled him you could have ask to speak to me like an adult in a separate room not, scream and curse at me in front of small children. With that I left. What an insane and stressful day. I am so sick of moms who dont even take care of the children that they have, but shove them off on other people and then tell those people who have more experience rearing children then them how to do their job. I wonder where he gets the screaming at people from, like hes a f*cking king of the world. People are insane!! Anyway I feel freedom for the first time in so long, i even woke up and took a poop sorry if thats TMI but that is big news for me. anyway just needed to vent a bit. How is everyone else??!! Geny? Mousy?

AAAAAHHH...I'm alive, barely, emerging slowly from the first trimester cloud of horrible-ness.

My days have gone something like this: wake, drive, work, drive, eat, sleep.

Repeat.

My fatigue was utterly overwhelming until about 2 weeks ago, and then the nausea really started to pick up. Weeks 7-9 were just dreadful, and now I'm having a bit of relief here and there, but still get quite nauseous a few times a day. I was unfortunately one of those who found relief in processed carbs and BAD BAD food when I was nauseous....and gained an unholy amount of weight very quickly. Just this week (week 11!) I finally feel well and motivated enough to get back on a normal-ish eating plan.

I had my first midwife appt at 7.5 weeks and got to hear the heartbeat then (152 bpm - perfect!) The baby just looked like a blurry seahorse though at that point! I have another visit a week from tomorrow (will be 12w4d) and soooo excited to see the baby look like a BABY! And supposedly it should be moving around! :cloud9:

I've had a very hard time with this first trimester...it really took everything out of me. My performance at work dropped, I looked like hell, only left the house to go to work, was miserable at ALL times. I actually got quite depressed for a few weeks there because I was so upset that I wasn't enjoying my pregnancy...and in fact was loathing it at times!

Things are really improving in the last week though - I'm getting to work on time, people have told me I look like I have color back in my cheeks, and I'm determined to get to the gym a couple of times this week! Plus I am finally getting excited about all the FUN pregnancy stuff!!

So thanks for keeping the thread alive! It's good to "see" you all again!

Carzelle -- so sorry to hear about your big blow up with the boss! But hopefully it's all coming at the right time so you can focus on yourself! Don't worry too much about the nutrients, just get your prenatals in every day! The rest the baby will steal from your body -- it's a very efficient little parasite :haha:

Foods that I was able to do when nauseous: thick soups, pasta, eventually greek yogurt, croissants! (I told you I gained weight...)

Oh my god Carzelle! Boss from hell! How are you doing now? Sounds like a situation you are best off out of!

My midwide appt went well, I told her how anxious I was having to wait til the scan (12-14 weeks in the UK) and she asked if I wanted her to see if she could find the heart beat. Id gotten my doppler and was pretty sure i had heard it loud and clear, but she did it for me and she found it straight away!! was amazing and confirmed that what I had heard on my doppler was correct! massively put my mind at rest.

So, she has sent off for the scan but our area is really busy at the moment so I think I wont get a scan date til the latest, possible 14 weeks! I really hope its sooner. Twins run in the family on my dads side and its my generations time, im dying to know if Im lucky! (although saying that Id be terrified - one would be a enough!!!) x

Hey Kelly and everyone else, how is it going? I am almost at 15 weeks will be on Tuesday and am feeling a heck of a lot better than I had been. The sickness now just pops up here and there, nothing compared to what it was, thank the Lord. I am still on the hunt for a temporary job to help out with the bills and the baby fund while I still can...Hopefully something more laid back, and zen. We got to here Baby B's heart beat at our last appointment and see its adorable profile. We have to wait 6 more weeks to find out the sex and I am so excited!! It seems like it will be forever!!! Is anyone showing yet?? I just look at little chubby around the belly area, nothing too obvious. I sort of am looking forward to a cute little baby bump to arrive. Has anyone else seen their baby lately? Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and feeling. Stay in touch ladies. xoxo
Carlie

Carzelle Im so excited for you! We are just in the same boat, had my scan yesterday and all was perfect. Im actually 14 weeks and not 13 weeks, which means my scan is also in 6 weeks! Cannot wait to find out the sex!

Im getting a little weighty around the middle now - I had a bit of a tum before and it seems to have rounded out around my hips! Im fully in maternity clothes and have packed away my jeans for the year! x

I'm able to wear my scrubs at work...but at home it's all maternity. I'm definitely showing -- a cute little bump, but when I get bloated? Watch out! I'm huge!

DH and I aren't finding out the sex, so I'm living vicariously through all of those who are!

14 weeks plus now....still with nausea, not as bad as weeks 6-10, but not much improvement in the last few weeks :(

yeh I kinda thought the nausea would pass by this stage too! my appetite has come back though, so im thinking that It was more nervousness and worry than m/s that was stopping me eating so much! x

How is everyone feeling?!
For some reason I'm thrilled to be hitting the 16 week mark!
What are you guys doing to get ready for baby? Anyone signed up for birth classes, done registry, shower stuff or decorating?
All we've done so far is buy our BoB stroller....it was on sale!!! :)

we are looking into buggy/travel systems now, just dont know which to buy....

Is it too late for me to join this thread? :S
I'm due Dec 12, with my first baby, very excited!!
I have my anatomy scan July 17, can't wait to find out the sex!! Have any of you found out yet?

Welcome dreamer!!

DH and I are team yellow :) but the anatomy scan won't be for 4 more weeks for us.

This is my 1st too - how has pregnancy been treating you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->