Babies that were due in may 2012

Rosalies first set of injections done, she gave a little howl both times and then soon settles once she got cuddles from mummy.

Another post real quick. My mom took some pictures of my oldest, Autumn today and I thought I'd share a few. They pretty accurately depict her attitude and personality haha.

The pics are fab :thumbup:

I love the tattoo youngni!! What a neat idea!

Bumpin - I think I recall him mentioning it as an option ages ago but we were never told by anyone to try that, not even the nutrionist we spoke to at the formula company. Its weird, but I think they don't recommend it for under 6 months here? I'm not sure but I did some reading and I found a nz site saying soy should be the second choice after neocate for under 6 months for suspected milk protein allergy, so perhaps that is why no one said?
Anyways, shes good now, Max spills more than her!! I am really happy about this, we have had a relatively puke free week it has been great and things have been much easier.
She even started napping two naps during the day and then sleeping over night. Aria has been a very different baby.

Max is doing very well, hes still very much a mummys boy and Aria is daddy's girl, funny how that worked out that way. OH has actually taken Aria out to his work to show her off so now I have one baby and it is sooooooo weird!! Hes sleeping in his Moby on me :)

We tried to do the shopping this morning together and omg, never again!! from now on I willl just go by myself. It was a complete disaster lol I am so not ready for outings with the babies and my 3 year old just yet.

Heres some photos taken in the past week, trying to get a photo of both of them smiling is hard work! Aria is so serious all the time, Max is smiling in almost every photo

your babies are super cute :cloud9:

Congrats waves on your engagement, that's fab news!

Zephyr so pleased to hear Aria is doing well and you've had a much better week.

Rjsmam agree with the others, if you are happy getting up for night feeds I would continue. Your supply will decrease if you don't feed at night as your body thinks the baby doesn't need it.

I'm so grateful I can bf and really enjoy it, its so easy to just pop her on and she's fed immediately.

Anti well done on the sleeping with Ash, that's brilliant.

Youngni lovely pics!

I'm currently in bed exhausted! I made the mistake of leaving Lola awake too long yesterday evening with the OH...well I think that's the problem. She was so overtired she just fought sleep so bad. 4 hours of trying to get her in her moses basket when normally she loves going in there...I caved at 1am and she slept on me until this morning! She is just really clingy and although she's managed a little snooze in her basket this morning she is currently fast asleep on me again!

All our baby groups finish this week for summer so will try to re~create them at home until we return in Sept.

hopefully lola is just having a little of day :hugs:

Rosalies first set of injections done, she gave a little howl both times and then soon settles once she got cuddles from mummy.

Same with ours. Ashlynn is grumpy now though and over tired and won't settle. Hope it doesn't last long!! Gotta do it all again in 4 weeks time. :(

How much notice did you get for your LO's jabs? Evie is 7 weeks tomoro, and we haven't heard anything yet. I phoned to try and make an appointment for her to have her jabs, but they said they'd write to us. Really dreading them :( I have a huge needle phobia, and haven't had an injection in about 14 years. Part of me wants to just let my OH take her, but I couldn't bear the thought of her being hurt and her mummy not being there :( I just worry that she'll pick up on my fear.

I had her weighed last week and she was 8lb 6oz, so nearly 2lb heavier than her birth weight. She's also gone from the 2nd to the 9th centile :)
Am struggling a bit at the moment, my OH has been working a lot, so I've been home alot with a very clingy baby. She wants to be held all the time, and is only happy when she has something in her mouth. She won't take a dummy, so its either my nipple or my finger! She has been cluster feeding again in the evenings, and feeds through the night. Luckily I've pretty much got the hang of laying down feeding, so my sleep isn't suffering too much. I've got a bit of lurgy though, and am feeling really poorly and yuck :(

I've got my 6 week PP check on Thursday, what actually happens? Do they examine you?

Same with ours. Ashlynn is grumpy now though and over tired and won't settle. Hope it doesn't last long!! Gotta do it all again in 4 weeks time. :(

rosalie seems to fine but ill check her temp before bed just incase, ino 4wks time an well be dreading going to the docs :cry:

luci and buming said:
How much notice did you get for your LO's jabs? Evie is 7 weeks tomoro, and we haven't heard anything yet. I phoned to try and make an appointment for her to have her jabs, but they said they'd write to us. Really dreading them :( I have a huge needle phobia, and haven't had an injection in about 14 years. Part of me wants to just let my OH take her, but I couldn't bear the thought of her being hurt and her mummy not being there :( I just worry that she'll pick up on my fear.

I had her weighed last week and she was 8lb 6oz, so nearly 2lb heavier than her birth weight. She's also gone from the 2nd to the 9th centile :)
Am struggling a bit at the moment, my OH has been working a lot, so I've been home alot with a very clingy baby. She wants to be held all the time, and is only happy when she has something in her mouth. She won't take a dummy, so its either my nipple or my finger! She has been cluster feeding again in the evenings, and feeds through the night. Luckily I've pretty much got the hang of laying down feeding, so my sleep isn't suffering too much. I've got a bit of lurgy though, and am feeling really poorly and yuck :(

I've got my 6 week PP check on Thursday, what actually happens? Do they examine you?

we got about 2weeks notice. i just turn away i hate needles :wacko:

I had to make the appointment for her jabs at our docs. And for the check up... They looked at me to make sure stitches had healed proper, checked weight and blood pressure. I'm 1 stone lighter than I was at my booking in appointment when I was 8 weeks pregnant!!

My sister and I went wedding dress shopping this morning and I found my dress!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 14.png
    14.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 8
That dress is beautiful waves :) Is it the style/dress you had in mind? I've heard that a lot of people end up choosing something completely different to what they originally pictured. I'm not even engaged, but I can't wait to go dress shopping lol.

Hope everyone has had a good night:) I have hardly moved from my armchair since 5pm, Evie has been feeding constantly! I think her latch may be off, because I'm starting to get sore :( either that or I'm not used to her feeding so constantly! Starting to wonder about my milk supply too, she fed for a while, then started screaming for about half an hour, and nothing I did would calm her, and when I squeezed my boob, not even a drop came out, no matter how long and how hard i squeezed. Normally the milk would shoot out!

Luci: your supply is likely fine. It sounds like you are hitting the 6 week growth spurt. Keep at it, Sheree needs to be eating that often to increase your supply...it should start to settle soon.

Gabe and I saw the pediatrician today. She's going to do some blood work and tests on his poo. She thinks he has an allergy to cows milk protein in the formula. So hopefully all he needs is a change in formula. Unfortunately, it will be a change to one that's more expensive...like stupid expensive...but I would rather it be a formula issue, rather than a health issue. I so hope it's an easy fix....

You're right, bumpin, I wouldn't switch to soy right away. People kept saying to me how their son/daughter was on soy and did so much better... but I didn't know if Jackson had a lactose *sensitivity* or a lactose *intolerance* so I didn't want to go to soy until I knew that anything dairy would make him uncomfortable. So I tried the Alimentum, bought the ready-to-feed first and after that was gone I bought the powder... it took maybe a week but its like night and day. He farts all. Day. Long. Which is a far cry from hardly farting at all and him being so bloated and so in pain. Yes, it is ridiculously expensive. I am so glad he is happy though. And being almost double his birth weight at 2 months shows that I made the right choice. I would say if he still has the same issues with the Alimentum (similac) or Nutrimogen (enfamil) then maybe it is a soy issue.

So what kind of milestones are your LO's hitting? July 4, a day shy of two months, Jackson rolled from tummy to back twice. The first time we thought was a fluke so we turned on the video camera and tried it again, and got it on camera :) since then he hasn't done it again but his head is also in the 90th percentile so I think its still really heavy for him.

He also laughed, like giggled laughed, today and that was so cute. He makes lots of noises and small laughs but hadn't really had a giggle yet, so that was fun. :) He also has some good hand/eye coordination, has been putting his whole fist in his mouth and been batting at objects on his play mat. Shouldn't be long before he starts grabbing at things! He is such a happy baby and smiles all the time. I am so blessed!

Bumpin - Oh I read those things about soy too and I don't b;lame ya, if it wasMax with the problem I myself probably wouldn't of tried soy....I'm not entirely comfortable using it for Aria tbh. I hope its nothing too bad for Gabe, glad they are doing tests for you! I can't believe they never did any of that here!
She has been vomiting again on the odd occasion but its definitely still a great improvement and she is still sleeping 2 naps during the day and overnight! So its doing something.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update to say Lola has a cold! She has a runny eye, is sneezing and has a little cough. Gave her some calpol tonight and its definitely stopped her feeling so hot. I hope she gets over it quickly.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update to say Lola has a cold! She has a runny eye, is sneezing and has a little cough. Gave her some calpol tonight and its definitely stopped her feeling so hot. I hope she gets over it quickly.

has she got a blocked nose? the calpol nasel spray is fantastic and id really reccomend getting a plunger for her nose ill post a link, as i dont think thats the technical term lol hope shes feeling better soon :hugs:

https://www.amazon.com/AMSINO-INTERNATIONAL-INC-AS00502S-SYRINGE/dp/B001B9SJX4

Iv made 2 types of baby crochet baby hats 1 for my nephew an 1 for OH sisters little girl! ill post pics soon x

Kendra: did you try a low lactose formula at all? I'm glad he's doing well on the Alimentum... The pediatrician didn't wasn't us to change his formula until we got the results from the tests. I had already changed him from enfamil, to goodstart, and that had made a huge difference...

Zephyr: hopefully she continues to do well on the soy formula!

Yazzy: I hope Lola starts to feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->