Babies that were due in may 2012

oh zephyr, don't you just hate all the playground mean-ness - i think other girls can be so cruel. hope your lassie bounces back quickly. and poor you re the sick bug - hope you catch a break v soon!

eva had her injections on Wed - i really really hated it! the look on her wee face when the nasty nurse stuck the needle in her ample thigh :( she was marginally better than last time but seems to be over it now.

my friend who has a lo 2wks younger than Eva just posted on fb that for last 3nights she's had TWELVE hrs sleep. gah.. i'd settle for 5 or 6!! i've ditched the formula idea for good & am pumping regularly & thinking of dh giving her an ebm bottle before bed to try....

xx

Rjs - ashlynn has stopped sleeping through as well. She slept 8-5 for about 10 days which was pure bliss but now she wakes 1-2 times a night. Last night was an odd night coz she went to bed early, but she went down at 7:30 then woke at 1am and 5am and then came into bed with me till 8am when we got up for the day. Not sure how you ladies with toddlers and babies do all this!!

Hannah used to sleep until 7am but she's gone back to waking up at 4am as well :(

Eva has never slept more than 4/5hrs...

Question for you ladies - when you put your little ones down in the evening do they go to a separate room? We are still keeping her in her moses basket in the same room as us, so the tv is usually on etc, i thought she too little to be on her own - but maybe she needs to the quiet/dark to settle? I just can't imagine her being upstairs alone...

xx

Ashlynn went in her own room at 1 month old. The monitor is always stuck to me though when she's up there.

thanks Anti - i've cracked open our monitor & going to give it a go

x

Thanks - gonna make start by trying to put her to sleep in moses basket in our room as she used to that. Until now we've kept her in moses basket with us all the time til I go to bed. Prob should have done this ages ago! We currently in dark bedroom with nightlight & lullabies, she sleepoing on boob so fingers crissed! Wow i might even manage a bubble bath!!

X

LOL Our babies totally rule us and our house! cos its easier :/ I have been thinking about trying to get them in their own beds/rooms too lately but not sure when was a good time.

Rose is doing better, she came home a bit upset yesterday again but thankfully neither of them said anything to her at school and left her alone and she went off and did her own thing so hopefully that's the end of it. Poor girl!
And yessss some girls are so mean!! We have met a few charming girls over the years with some really shocking behaviour and some things they say are just awful, even to us as adults. We never had those girls in our house again lol

rjsmam - good luck, hope you get your bubble bath! I think I have forgotten how good those are :p Good idea with giving a bottle for OH to try, be good to get some rest.

Anti - Sorry Ashlynn has started waking again, broken sleep truly sucks. Hope she starts sleeping better again soon :D

Yazzy - Sorry Lola is waking too, hopefully it doesn't last long. I never realised there was a 4 month sleep regression?? I hope not! Aria has just started sleeping through till 5am again this past week. That'd be the last thing we need haha

Well things are still going good. Arias still doing well on this formula we are just struggling to get her to drink the minimum a day! Like really struggling. I sit for anywhere up to an hour to try and convince her to drink. Most of my day is spent trying to get her to drink her bottles.
Max is currently snoring his head off on me. He holds his hands together all the time now so it looks like he is plotting something :p Its really cute.

Sam has been in his own room since he was around 2 months. He outgrew his moses basket and we didn't really have room for his cot in our room. I think that he sleeps much longer now because I don't jump at the first sound like I would when he was next to me.

Rjsmam I still have Lola in our room in her moses basket. I won't put her in her room until she is 6 months. I have just this week felt ready to put her in her basket to sleep for her naps and then in the evening. I have the monitor on and still check on her constantly!

It sounds like an age thing with so many of our babies waking up in the night. I like her to wake up for at least one feed but she now has a couple feeds and also just a ciupke random wake ups.

Rjsmam I still have Lola in our room in her moses basket. I won't put her in her room until she is 6 months. I have just this week felt ready to put her in her basket to sleep for her naps and then in the evening. I have the monitor on and still check on her constantly!

It sounds like an age thing with so many of our babies waking up in the night. I like her to wake up for at least one feed but she now has a couple feeds and also just a ciupke random wake ups.

Lol I just ran upstairs to check even though the monitor is on! I will prob do exact same. Took an age to get off but will try follow same routine every night & hope it will get easier.

Zephyr - so nice hear things going better altho must be frustrating with Aria's feeds. Hope her appetite increases! Glad also that Rose is doing ok. When my ds goes through anything similar I try to tell him that real friends wouldn't be bad to him & to stay clear (although he's so immpressionable he soon forgets - but his mum doesn't!)

X

Has anyone else formula or bottle feeding notice their LOs not finishing bottles anymore or fighting them?

Waves ashlynn fights her bottles sometimes. I know she's hungry but she'll jump around and scream and refuse her bottle. We have quite a fight sometimes.

Waves - Sometimes it is a fight with Sam as he is easily distracted, so if he starts throwing a fit I usually have to go somewhere quiet so he can pay attention to what he is doing.

He also has got it into his head that he wants to hold the bottle and that makes it difficult because he can't really do it yet and pulls the nipple in and out all the time and makes himself so mad. (It is kind of funny to watch, worried he is going to have a temper)

annabelle has bee in her own room since birth - it just worked for us, shes now in her cot as she roams around it in her sleep and we find her in the oddest positions sometimes!

Aria has picked up her feeds, yesterday she drank 800 mls without much convincing! and already today she has had 300mls and its not even lunchtime yet. So whatever it was has passed yay and we are back to no vomiting, drinking lots and being happy and sleeping :)

Max has been chewing my fingers a lot and Aria lunges for my hands if they are near her face so she can chew them lol baby drool!
I also managed to make Aria laugh heaps yesterday, and managed to get a pic with both of them sort of smiling. I am still trying to get that photo with them both grinning at the same time.

Attachments

• maxaria.jpg
    maxaria.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
Aww Zephyr they are adorable. Looks nice and cold there, wish it was winter here. It is 28C in my LO room tonight and I'm not enjoying it.

Thanks :) I do love the winter suits I can dress the babies in! Not looking forward to summer at all.
28C omg I don't miss those nights, I feel sorry for you:p I always say I cant wait till summer but then when I really think about it summer rolls around and I'm back to wishing it was winter again.

After lunch aria drank another 300 mls in two bottles so she has met her daily minimum yay, so happy she is back on track again. She will have another one or two bottles before bed so she may even reach the prescribed amount today:D

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Amanda- I am going through a similar phase. Very rarely is he finishing a bottle the last week or so? I don't know if its a combination of the heat making them not very hungry or if their growth is just slowing for the time being so they don't need as much food?

I didn't have time to read most of the posts, just wanted to check in, I saw talk about teething, Jackson has had a peek a boo tooth in his gums for about 6 weeks now, it hasn't popped out yet but if he bites down on something hard like a finger he lets everyone know its there :/

I'm pretty much useless these days I'm so tired. It's effecting my work, confidence, marriage, everything. I don't know how to get him to sleep even close to halfway through the night. If I put him down at 9 he's up at 2 and again at 5 and if I'm lucky he'll go back down around 8 but if I have to work I'm already gone for the day. I can't do two wake ups a night, its making me miserable :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->