Babies that were due in may 2012

Its got to be difficult with 2 Zephyr, you just have to do what works for you. I know it must be hard though as I always have to get Lola when she cries as I don't like to hear her upset. However if I'm out walking she may have a little cry in her pram then falls asleep after a couple mins.

We went to the wedding last weekend and Lola was fab all day, she was happy all day! Today was her last of the set of 3 injections. Glad that's done. She has been unsettled this evening so given her some baby calpol.

Good luck at the review Youngni.

Waves sounds like Hannah is doing great!

Anti did Ashlynn sleep ok?

Wow Amanda I didn't realize Hannah was getting that big :) :)
And you don't mix your cereal with water? Maybe I'm not doing it right then... when you say 1 oz of warm formula are you mixing it and then adding the 2 scoops of cereal? I was doing 2 scoops formula (add water) and then 1 scoop rice cereal. Maybe its not thick enough then. Could be why he's been rejecting his nighttime bottle.

I feel so much better knowing so many of you are doing cereal and stuff! I started him on it so early and I've been holding out with other solids because I just felt like people were "tsk tsk"-ing me for rushing him. He's always been ahead of the curve though so I felt like it was what he needed.

Well ladies I am really lucky... Jackson has slept the last 4 nights in 6-8 hour stretches, last night being his longest from 9pm to 6:30 am! The other nights was more like 10pm-5/6am but I am certainly not complaining at this point!

My grandmother is coming out this Sunday and we're FINALLY getting my crib/dresser/changer set. I am soooo excited, I am tired of him being in his pack and play at night!

Had an awful night with ashlynn last night. The last 5 nights ages been waking about 4 times for a bottle and actually drains it so she's obviously hungry. Last night she woke more, sometimes for bottle and sometimes just for her dummy. I'm exhausted and my OH has been working late all week and has to work the weekend so i can't even hand her over so I get a break. Shes been screaming all day for the last three days as well. Keep telling myself this doesn't last forever!!!

Sorry Anti :( Hopefully she is better now! and whatever it is passes quickly.

OH has taken the babies out for a walk and its the first time I have been at home without the babies, or at last one baby cos he takes Aria for walks sometimes.
I feel really nervous and I actually really dislike this feeling of "What the heck do I do with myself now?"

I have to sew some pink frills onto my daughters tutu for this weekends production so I'm going to go do that now with two hands!!!

Everything has been well here, babies have started to spin while lying on their backs so they turn a half circle round the place. Its funny getting Aria up from her cot she manages to get herself turned sideways :p

the reveiw went really well, its a reveiw on Rosalies progress for her age etc, she was very impressed with her head control when she put her on her tummy and called her a monkey with all the rolling she was doing i think Rosalie was showing of lol shes grabbing toys and holding on to them.

she also had no problem with rosalie having baby rice ( shes currently on 1 spoonful of rice and i just squirt the formula from the bottle to make it) but we think she may need 2 rice feeds now. Rosalie now weights 12lb 6.1/2oz and has been in size 3 nappies for about 3weeks they fit so much nicer on her, still got plenty of wear out of her 0-3 stuff, cant wait till shes in her 3-6 as iv been buying them matching outfits lol

She had her first bounce in the jumperoo yesterday with all the sqeauls and jumping she was doing she couldnt stopp giggleing lol

as for me i think iv chickened out of getting the coil fitted :s iv a smear to get next week then i think ill just be getting the injection every 3 months, i have my first bagpipes lesson this evening really excited to learn a new instrument.

x

Aw anti i hope her sleeping pattern changes soon, big hugs x

Today has been a nightmare again!! She was up for over three hours screaming and I had to rock her to sleep. Could this be the 4 month sleep regression coming early?? I'm shattered!!!!

She had her first bounce in the jumperoo yesterday as well and loved it for 5 mins before crying again. Started her on baby rice as well out of desperation. She only has the smallest amount in the morning but she seems to enjoy it.

Wow Amanda I didn't realize Hannah was getting that big :) :)
And you don't mix your cereal with water? Maybe I'm not doing it right then... when you say 1 oz of warm formula are you mixing it and then adding the 2 scoops of cereal? I was doing 2 scoops formula (add water) and then 1 scoop rice cereal. Maybe its not thick enough then. Could be why he's been rejecting his nighttime bottle.

Hahaha oh yeah... she's huge. I'll take a picture with her next to something for comparison and post it on Facebook in a little bit. With her cereal... I'm still using the ready-to-feed Alimentum so obviously it's pre-mixed. You can mix rice cereal with either water or formula, I just prefer to give her it with formula. So I warm up an ounce of formula (may go down to half an ounce as she hasn't been finishing her cereal the last few feeds) and put it in a bowl and then mix in 2-2.5 spoonfuls of rice cereal, until it's the consistency I want (a little thicker.)

For her bedtime bottle though what we do is 6 ounces formula with 4 TBS of rice cereal. They say you can do 1 TBS per ounce but I feel like that's TOO thick and too much cereal, especially now that she's spoon-fed cereal too.

Had an awful night with ashlynn last night. The last 5 nights ages been waking about 4 times for a bottle and actually drains it so she's obviously hungry. Last night she woke more, sometimes for bottle and sometimes just for her dummy. I'm exhausted and my OH has been working late all week and has to work the weekend so i can't even hand her over so I get a break. Shes been screaming all day for the last three days as well. Keep telling myself this doesn't last forever!!!

Saw your other post about sleep regression and they say it can last from 3 months to 5 months so it's possible. Hannah went through it a little but seems to be past it all now. Is it also possible she's starting to teethe? It takes awhile for the teeth to actually break through but causes them discomfort for quite some time beforehand. Could she possibly want more in the bottle each feeding? Try upping it an ounce maybe? I don't know if you're opposed to adding a little rice cereal in a bedtime bottle to tide her over? Hannah's been getting it since 2 months (started out because of her reflux) and she's gaining weight perfectly so the lack of feeds at night isn't causing any issues.

Everything has been well here, babies have started to spin while lying on their backs so they turn a half circle round the place. Its funny getting Aria up from her cot she manages to get herself turned sideways :p

Hannah's been doing that too. We put her down in her crib for a nap laying on her back, head to the right side of the crib and 2 minutes later we check on her and she's on her belly, against one side of the crib, head all the way in the opposite corner, opposite direction that we laid her down. She constantly turns herself in a circle when she's on the floor now too. It's too funny.

wow it sounds like Hannah is doing so well!! good to hear she is sleeping better :D

Thanks! Things are getting easier for sure but now she's teething and it's slowly getting more frustrating again. Oh well, it comes with the territory!

Hope things are better today anti!

waves - so cute! naww shes going to be on the move before you know it! hope those teeth are coming through nicely :D

We were back at the doctors again yesterday with Arias reflux playing up again. Two days ago she started screaming when we lay her down and when she spilled so we knew from this it was the reflux. Usually we get about 5 hours a night but night before last we got a little over 3 hours sleep.
After screaming all night and morning she sat on my lap and fell asleep in the doctors office for the entire 2 hour wait! From exhaustion no doubt but made me feel silly here I was phoning up a few hours earlier really upset and then shes a complete angel!
Got her meds later that afternoon and this morning we woke up to her cooing in her cot which is not like her at all.
They have put her on Omeprazole now so I am hoping this works better than the other one.

Not surprised at all really, shes really getting it rough with the teeth and her reflux.

Max has been great, hes getting very chunky. I have been meaning to take photos for the past few weeks now but I can't find the camera anywhere!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers guys. In hospital with ashlynn. She's got meningitis. I'm so scared!!!

They have put her on Omeprazole now so I am hoping this works better than the other one.

Hannah was on that and it helped. Good luck!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers guys. In hospital with ashlynn. She's got meningitis. I'm so scared!!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! I've read (in the baby club section) several little ones (even younger than her) who were hospitalized for it and wound up being okay. It's definitely scary but I'm sure she'll make a good recovery. I'll cross my fingers for you & please keep us updated.

Yikes! Update us when you can hun. Ashlynn is in my thoughts tonight

Our thoughts are with you too Anti! I hope everything is okay! That is such a scary thing to have to go through but the doctors will do everything they can to ensure a speedy recovery. Keep us updated!

She's stable at the moment but we're gonna be here a few days. I can't describe how scary this all is.

Oh Anti..That is so scary. Our thoughts are with you today and hope that she gets well soon.

Anti- I really hope you're ok. Will be thinking of you and Ashlynn. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but she's in the best possible place. :hugs:

She's stable at the moment but we're gonna be here a few days. I can't describe how scary this all is.

Thanks for the update. Oh man, I can only imagine :( I hope she recovers quickly and is back to her normal self soon! You'll get through this <3

I felt a little wrong posting this in my last reply to Anti so I wanted to make it a separate comment...

String & Ink---
My Etsy shop where I make/customize wall art, birth announcements, party invitations, save-the-dates & more. I will be adding more to the shop over the next couple of months as well. I made a FB page for it today also. Feel free to check it out & “like” the Facebook page :)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StringAndInk

https://www.facebook.com/StringAndInk

Thanks for the update anti. Hang in there. I hope Ashlynn has a speedy recovery!

Oh Anti, bless her i hope she gets better real quick and shes aloud home soon stay strong shes in the best please huge hugs to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->