Babies that were due in may 2012

Hannah's rolling over both ways pretty non-stop now. Just waiting for her to start sitting up unsupported and crawling. If we sit her up, she'll lean forward & prop herself up with her hands but it doesn't last more than a few seconds.

She's sleeping mostly through the night, on a somewhat regular feeding/nap schedule now. Her bottom 2 teeth are in but no signs of any other teeth, those should be in the next few months though. She's eating various solids and doing really well with them. We're currently trying out squash and she seems to like it. We've also tried applesauce, bananas and peaches which she's liked.

I recently bought sippy cups but haven't tried them out yet. OH & I want to both be there but he works all day & I work all night. This Friday we may give it a try :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Waves - we bought sippy cups a few weeks ago but have been chicken to try them. Sam used to try to hold his bottle himself but seems content to lay back and let you hold the bottle for him so I'm not sure how well the sippy cup will go down (plus I will have to realise the fact that my little boy is growing up)

I can't believe the babies are already turning 5 months...it will be their 1/2 birthdays soon. Speaking of half birthdays, Sam and I are flying to the U.S. the day he turns six months. I so can't wait, we are going to New York, visit my two best friends (they 'dated' in middle school when we all lived in Germany, and then meet up again as adults and got married and have a 4 year old little girl and 3 year old identical twin boys). We are also going to visit my parents on the West Coast and friends in Texas. I'm worried about flying so far alone with a baby but can't wait to see all of my friends (I haven't seen them since our wedding in 2007)

Rjsmam great to hear from you!

Lola isn't rolling either, she pulls herself up if you give her your fingers to hold and say Lola sit up she pulls herself into a sitting position and looks so pleased! No food for her yet, waiting another month until she's 6 months before starting. Lola also wakes in the night, every 3 hours for a quick feed.

Right got to go and put her back in her cot then sleep for me!

Waves - we bought sippy cups a few weeks ago but have been chicken to try them. Sam used to try to hold his bottle himself but seems content to lay back and let you hold the bottle for him so I'm not sure how well the sippy cup will go down (plus I will have to realise the fact that my little boy is growing up)

Yeah, she's been holding the bottle herself more lately but she still hasn't quite figured out how to grip onto things that well. Certain toys she can grasp firmly but most others, and with her bottle she doesn't understand how to wrap her hands around it to actually hold on so when she holds the bottle herself, it tends to slip out after a few minutes and then she gets lazy and we have to hold it again.

We're probably going to try the sippy cup this Friday since OH & I both will be home in the evening. I'm excited and nervous haha. I want her to pick up on it right away but I have a feeling she won't.

Eva is only sleeping for an hour to hour & half. She's eating her hands & watching us intently from her high chair at meal times. I really wanted to wait but might try her on rice, if she's not ready hopefully she'll show me by refusing...

Bumpin - eva hates tummy time too unless we get her in right mood! I have to steel myself to make her do it. If she could just figure out her hands she'd off I think!

X

We tried a bit of avocado with Gabe this morning. Fricken Hilarious! He opens his mouth for the spoon like a little bird, but as soon as the food hit his tongue, he was sooo grossed out!. As soon as he started to figure out how to move it with his tongue he started gagging on it...and then promptly puked up what looked like the whole bottle... So tomorrow we try again.

Rjsmam: Rice is one of the foods least likely to form an allergy. If you decide to try her on a bit of it she'll be fine. She probably wont even get any in her belly, as I read it takes about 10 tries (on average) for babies to figure out how to move solid food to the back of their throats and be able to swallow. Just dont make my mistake and give solids AFTER the bottle...lol...

I've given ashlynn a bit of rice and the last 3 days she's had a bit of apple. She doesn't seem too interested when I'm trying to feed her though so might stop for a few more weeks. This weaning stuff is too complicated!!

We tried a bit of avocado with Gabe this morning. Fricken Hilarious! He opens his mouth for the spoon like a little bird, but as soon as the food hit his tongue, he was sooo grossed out!. As soon as he started to figure out how to move it with his tongue he started gagging on it...and then promptly puked up what looked like the whole bottle... So tomorrow we try again.

Rjsmam: Rice is one of the foods least likely to form an allergy. If you decide to try her on a bit of it she'll be fine. She probably wont even get any in her belly, as I read it takes about 10 tries (on average) for babies to figure out how to move solid food to the back of their throats and be able to swallow. Just dont make my mistake and give solids AFTER the bottle...lol...

Oh that must have been messy...we haven't tried avocado yet. Are you serving it as a puree or finger food? The book I have says to give the puree and then bottle and that seems to work for us. I gave him medicine after a bottle the other day and he threw up both the medicine and what seemed to be the whole bottle..wasn't fun.

Sam seems to love his food and so far I am enjoying making it (making batches and freezing). Today he had a Apple and Banana puree for breakfast and Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Apple and Blueberry puree for tea. I'm glad it is fall now because I love cooking with pumpkins (we get pumpkin soup with the leftovers after making Sam's purees)

So I tried the rice... She nearly ate my hand off! Made a v small amount, quite thin & she took every drop, didn't spit any out & none at all on her bib or clothes! She even seemed to be trying to put spoon in herself

X

I usually sit Max on my lap when I feed him but hes started wiping his face on me when hes done lol little monkey!

Lol at the avocado :p

It's so exciting hearing how your little ones are doing on solids :)

Yesterday I gave Hannah a vegetable-flavored rice husk to try. It was her first time feeding herself (aside from occasionally holding her own bottle) and she was a bit uncertain of it at first. Once she got the hang of it, she would get upset when she dropped it or I took it from her. Once she got toward the end of it and the pieces were getting smaller, I took it from her entirely because I was paranoid of her choking on it haha. Anyway I took video of it, in two parts. The first is when I first gave it to her and the second is after she got the hang of it a little bit, and then my camera died. Also... excuse how high-pitched & annoying my voice gets when I talk to her. I can't help it hahaha.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqV7MBIbyM&feature=share&list=UUjdGQPQ8S4Co9419Na04Fqw

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cM5non9Hg&feature=share&list=UUjdGQPQ8S4Co9419Na04Fqw

Also uploaded a video from when I fed her rice cereal at lunch yesterday. She had been squealing a lot as I was feeding her but OF COURSE as soon as I turn my camera on, she stops almost completely and stares at the camera. She does this nearly every time we try to record her, which is why the camera is so far back and the view is so crappy. I was trying to prevent her from realizing the camera was on. Clearly she's too smart for my tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExIVAhXJP3s&feature=share&list=UUjdGQPQ8S4Co9419Na04Fqw

Oh boo :( I put them in as links so y'all could just click them but they showed up as videos in the post. Let me see if I can just post direct links again.

Edit - It still just posted them as videos in the post. This is the link to my YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/wavescrashover

They are the 3 most recent videos that I've uploaded.

Waves - those videos are great. My LO does scratching like that as well on his bottles. Don't worry about your voice - I think it is mommy voice we all do it.

My LO is trying so hard to sit on his own but topples over so I got him a little ring to sit in and he seems to like it so much better than the bumbo.

Attachments

• sr-s.jpg
    sr-s.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks ladies :) I thought I'd share some recent pictures as well.

I was without my digital camera for most of the last month as I needed to replace my battery (it's a lithium-ion battery) and was lazy about doing so. Now that I have it back up and running, I'm pretty sure I've blinded my child by constantly flashing the camera in her face ;)

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    500.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 13.png
    13.png
    471.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.png
    1.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 4
A few more... they should allow more than 5 pictures attached to a single reply haha.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.png
    4.png
    478.3 KB · Views: 5
Last one... for now :)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4
Waves she has amazing eyes!! Such a pretty little girl!!

gorgeous waves!

this weaning stuff is so confusing! Annabelle is one of the youngest in the group so weve only tried a bit of fruit puree and baby rice so far but i cant wait to give her a piece of mushy banana and wash her explore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->