Babies that were due in may 2012

Hi everyone,

Not sure where the time has gone...just been enjoying my days with Lola.

Luci yes I'm in Yeovil. Those sales at Gateway are really good, I might pop down there and have a look on the 17th aswell!

Anti don't worry about weaning...milk is what your baby needs up to a year old, food doesn't give them the calories they need until then. If she isn't bothered by it I would stop and try again in 2 weeks, she isn't 6 months yet and that's when weaning is recommended :)

After Lola barely sleeping she is now cramming her sleep in again! She's currently fast asleep in my arms and I agreed with the OH that Lola will sleep in with me for the time being as we all get more sleep that way.

Does anyone else make treasure baskets for their LO? I've started creating some for Lola. Also thinking about more natural toys for her to play with...going down the Montessori route which I love the idea of.

Frangi that's horrible having to work so much already, I hope it is going ok tho.

Sounds like all the babies are getting on great. I need to get Lola some ear defenders so she can watch the fireworks next week. Our garden backs onto a cricket pitch and they put on a great display there every year!

What is the food you baby likes most apart from baby rice or porridge? Annabelle quite likes sweet potato but seems to hate any fruit purée I give her

It seems like there isn't a food that we've tried that Hannah doesn't like. Some of the vegetables, she's made a funny face with the first bite or two but after that she's eager to get it all down.

So far I've tried: sweet potato, sweet peas, carrots, prunes, garden vegetables, peas, green beans, bananas, applesauce, peaches and then a mix of strawberry, apple & banana. I think there's a few more but she seems to love them all. She absolutely LOVES the fruits and if I had to pick a vegetable she seems to most enjoy, I'd say sweet potato.

I've had a nightmare few days with ashlynn. She's been very restless and fussy... I'm presuming its a developmental leap/wonder week. This one lasts 4 weeks!! Argh! Quick question ladies... Is anyone else's babies very vocal all of a sudden?! Ashlynn is constantly squealing and screeching.

Evie is a chatterbox from the minute she wakes up, to the minute she goes to sleep :haha: She has learnt to blow proper tongue out raspberries too, it's so, so cute!! Will try upload a video :) ,
She's been a bit of a nightmare during the nights too, she used to sleep 9-4, or 9-6 if we were lucky, but now she goes 9-12, 12.30-3ish, then again til 6 or 8 if we're lucky, but then I can get another hour if I bring her into bed with me. I hope she goes back to normal soon, I am sooo tired!!
Is anyone else dressing their LO up for halloween? We've got a witches outfit for Evie :)

Here's the video of Evie and my OH blowing raspberries at each other :)
Not sure how to post videos, so here's the link to it! hopefully this will work!!
Please excuse the mess in our living room!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BKShjWgGqc8

Gabes super vocal when he is tired, other than that, he's pretty quiet.

We went to our first "baby halloween" party! We had a blast, with all the babies in their costumes

Those of you on my facebook have already seen these, but i'll add them for the others!

Luci and Meghan... Your babies are adorable!

We had such a bad night last night. Ashlynn was up like every 45 mins. I'm so tired! Not sure what's going on with her... Teeth? Growth spurt? Wonder week? It's so hard to know... Hope it passes soon!

Sorry to hear that Anti, we have been going through something similar with Aria recently, though its more like every hour or two during the night. It sucks aye! and I can only really put it down to teething maybe?

Aria was getting quite irritable with foods she has been eating so we have gone back to just giving her her safe foods which are pears, peas potato and brocolli. We will try introduce more soon!

I tried Max on baby cereal which has wheat in it and he screamed for two hours solid! and was so grumpy so I'm not trying that again for a while. I have been having reactions myself to gluten products so I saw my doc and hes running some tests and advised I go gluten free in the meantime. Its been a day and I am feeling so much better! Even my almost constant blocked nose has cleared.

We had a friend of ours come take some photos of the babies yesterday it was so cool! I'm kinda glad its not just me who has trouble taking photos of them together though hehe

Not much else new happening here, taking my 3 and 7 year olds to the stock cars and fireworks display on Saturday, can't wait! though a bit annoyed I can't have a show dog cos they wont be gluten free boo hoo lol I like show dogs.

OH's cousin finds out in a week and a half what their twins are (if they co operate) so I can finally get rid of this HUGE box of clothing.....I wanted to just sell it cos its taking up space but OH wants to give it all to them which is cool but no point giving them girls or boys clothing unless they are actually having one of each.

Anti- Hope Ashlynn starts sleeping a bit better for you, being tired is horrible!!

Bumpin- Gabe looks adorable! Such a happy little man :) My OH was looking for funny fancy dress costumes a while back and we saw it on a website.

Zepher- Hope Aria is able to start eating a bit more soon, do her and Max like the same sorts of food? Being gluten free is hard, when I was younger I had an intolerance and it made eating out anywhere almost impossible. Things are much easier nowadays though :)

I couldn't resist showing you all some pictures of Evie in her halloween outfit today, she was the cutest little witch I have ever seen :cloud9::kiss: And a pic of her in her jumperoo :)

Attachments

• 20121031_150421.jpg
    20121031_150421.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20121031_192325.jpg
    20121031_192325.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20121031-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20121031-WA0012.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20121031-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20121031-WA0021.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3
Luci and Meghan... Your babies are adorable!

We had such a bad night last night. Ashlynn was up like every 45 mins. I'm so tired! Not sure what's going on with her... Teeth? Growth spurt? Wonder week? It's so hard to know... Hope it passes soon!

Last week there were 2 rough nights for us where Hannah was up constantly. The second night she was awake from 3am until 7am and then napped briefly for an hour before we had to start our day. Everyone told us it was likely just teething but she went back to normal the very next night. Her doctor told us today that she doesn't see the teeth trying to come through or feel them so it was probably her just fighting off a bug and not feeling well. Maybe she's going through something similar? It could be teething though too. Hopefully it passes quickly!

Luci - What cute pictures of an adorable little lady! Cute costume as well :)

Trick-or-treating was postponed here until Sunday due to Hurricane Sandy so it didn't feel like Halloween for us. The power was out all day at OH's job so he wound up coming home early. Hannah had her 6 mth check-up this morning though :)

She's 17lbs 12.5oz and 28" long. She's apparently off the charts in length. My tall, chunky baby <3 She got a few shots today but didn't do that bad with them. She got over it rather quickly. We also got her the flu vaccine today. She napped for awhile afterward and when she woke up, it's like she had grown up so much. She was babbling differently than she usually does, more giggly and happy than usual. She sat up for several minutes at a time when I was taking pictures of her. I loved it!

Since we didn't have anything Halloween-y planned, we put Hannah in her costume tonight so that we could make sure it fits her properly, see how she did with it & mostly so I could take pictures haha :) Therefore, I have some to share! She was/is going to be a unicorn.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 13.png
    13.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 15.png
    15.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 18.png
    18.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 24.png
    24.png
    429.9 KB · Views: 0
Just a few more recent pictures :)

Attachments

• 6mth resized.png
    6mth resized.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.png
    1.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.png
    9.png
    442 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.png
    8.png
    443.9 KB · Views: 0
Quick questions... How long is everyone's babies up before taking a nap?

This morning evie woke at 9, and dozed for 5mins in the car about 11.45, and fell asleep for her nap about 10 mins ago.
Waves- Hannah is possibly the cutest unicorn I have ever seen! She is doing so well with her sitting! Evie won't sit yet, she is too interested in her toes haha, so she flops forwards

Luci, Gabe does the same thing. He would rather grab his types than sit, even in the chair.

Waves: Gabe was 28 inches at 4 months! He is a super tall little monkey. I think he's about 30 inches now.

Anti: Gabe is up for about 2 to 2.5 hours at a time, sleeps anywhere from 30 to 90 mins

Thanks Meghan! I thought ashlynn was staying up too long but she does about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Today was close to 4 and she was over tired and wouldn't settle!! Nightmare!!! I'm really having problems with her sleep this week, I hope it's just a phase and we'll be out of it soon!!!

Oh Anti i'll join you on the sleep thing! Today Lola slept for about 45 mins between waking up at 7.30am and then a nap at 5pm...she was so overtired. Really struggling with daytime naps which then doesn't help at night because she's up a lot then as well.

Great pics everyone! I'd love to put some on here of Lola but it doesn't seem to let me do it?! There's loads on Facebook.

Took Lola to a friends today and its great because she sits up really well and interacts but she kept grabbing my friends two girls and was trying to bite them lol! She must have sore gums today.

Oooh hoping it has let me upload some pics....

Lola and her Daddy, ans then a couple recent one's of the munchkin xxx

Attachments

• FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg
    FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20121026-00879.jpg
    IMG-20121026-00879.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20121030-00881.jpg
    IMG-20121030-00881.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
Love all the pics! Naw all our babies are growing up so fast :(

I'm into my 3rd day gluten free and yeah its pretty hard but aside from naughty food cravings my nausea, headaches, blocked nose and other stomach probs and leg aches have all gone!! I feel so much better.

OH had planned a day out for us alone for a few hours on sunday and I was excited but the person who is coming has two kids and those two mixed with mine go crazy!!!! I went out last time and left OH here with this lady her two kids another lady and my kids and i STILL came home with all the kids rooms a complete mess after I spent hours getting it tidy and one of her kids jumped into one of our twins cots (this kid is like 6 or 7!) and broke it. We actually have to get a new cot now. and then of course the wanting to chat afterwards so the noise was mental and I was the only one who was bothered by it all.
I told OH it wasn't fair cs he promised if she brought her kids over they had to stay in the lounge and play quietly and it never happened so I said they wernt coming back unless I was here......and so I forgot about tht and okay'd it cos a few hours to ourselves would be awesome but then I remembered and theres just no way I would even enjoy my time out knowing I would be going home to a bomb site and possibly broken stuff. There will only be 2 adults this time.
I feel so bad tellng OH to cancel, hes annoyed about it. I cant do it though. I dont even think this kid was told off for being in the cot, they all laughed! I was the only person annoyed about it.
Even OH was like "meh, its stuff, stuff gets broken dont worry about it they had fun"
Cos we can totally afford a 3rd cot!!!! not!! I was so annoyed. Anyways long story short, we aren't going out now I absolutely cannot do it.
I always make my kds tidy up after visiting someone and no one dd that here and the mess was awful, clothes dumped out of drawers bedding on the floor it was so bad from jumping on the beds (my kids arent allowed to) that the matresses were on the floor, toys were on the flooor, you couldn't even see the floor!
I feel so bad for OH

Any suggestions? I would close all the doors and say outside only but I expect holes in our trampoline and mud tracked through the house and doors opened anyways cos rules wont be enforced when I'm not here.

My bad I just remebered it was just my then 3 year old here at the time with her two kids (the girls were with me) and it got that messy......With all of them here ohhhhhhh my god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->