• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babies that were due in may 2012

I do time out but in a safe place where there is nothing to play with. right now its in front of the island in my open concept main area. I see your lap/arms as places of comfort/safety so I prefer not to use them as places of punishment. I place him in a spot and tell him that he is in time out for x behaviour. I only keep him there for a max of 2 minutes, and if he stays there, I give him a hug and tell him again why he was in time out. If he doesnt stay, then he gets returned to the spot and told again about why hes being put there.

I totally see what you mean, not wanting to "restrain" them like that for a time out but Hannah would never sit put for 15 seconds if I'm telling her she needs to and I really don't have the patience to keep putting her back there, because she'd just never stay put lol. She's hell on wheels, I tell ya.

We dont do time outs yet. Just a firm no works for now for us :)

Update on aria, the doctor actually phoned this afternoon asking how she was doing. funny how I had a moan and he got in touch :p
I told him the past two days ive been trialing gluten free.

hadnt said anything yet cos I didnt want to jinx it but its been two days gluten free. No vomiting and she has slept all the way through. Normally wakes at 5am, shes been still asleep at 730am so something happened!

Anyways doctor sending her to be tested for celiac tomorrow via blood test.
I cannot say its that but I do believe theres some sensitivity there to gluten and with my history too I cant believe I didnt check this before.

so now I am incredibly nervous getting her bloods taken. Hubby working so itll be just me. My poor wee girl :( almost dont want to get it done but I know before we commit to gluten free long term (if she continues being well like this) then we need to test for celiac to be sure its not that.
sooooo some progress and im really happy the doctor phoned in the end to follow up before I got in touch!

Yay for some relief! Hopefully its an intolerance, rather than full out Celiac, but at least you are getting the tests done to find out. I hope this trend continues and she starts feeling better

G Is STILL a non sleeper. Im at a loss on how to make this child sleep. Hes awake EVERY night starting at 2 am, and staying up until about 530. Until a few weeks ago he would just (loudly) play, and we wouldn't have to go in, but for the past few weeks, hes been ANGRY in his crib. I've tried going in, not going in, pick up, not pick up. I've said "its not time to wake up" and laid him back down. I've rocked him, tried to cosleep, extra snuggles before bed. Ive tried earlier, and later bedtimes, played with wake up for the day times, naptimes. Tylenol/Advil, Zantac, Warm milk, given him water to take to bed in a sippy, a bigger bedtime snack, no bedtime snack/milk...Im out of ideas... Im EXHAUSTED, hubby is just as exhausted as we take turns fighting with him to sleep. Neither one of us has had a full night of sleep in over a year and we both work full time shift work. Add in a pregnancy, and Im feeling physically ill almost every day from tiredness.

ideas? Anyone?

Anyone want a really cute non sleeping toddler?

Aimee - Hopefully it's not full-on Celiac but yay for some progress and further testing to get to the bottom of it all.

Meghan - I wish I had answers for you :( I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is but if Hannah didn't sleep through the night, I'd have lost my mind by now. She can get fussy throughout the night and wakes occasionally but is a decent sleeper for the most part. Could it be (at least now... obviously not this whole time) maybe he's getting his molars in and that's causing him not to sleep? I mean... if you said he's angry and not just calmly playing or whatever. Or he's going through lots of mental leaps trying to play catch-up developmentally that it's hindering him from getting a good night's rest? Have you mentioned it to his doctor? I hope you get some relief soon too :/

Thanks... sigh. Molars have all come through, and no sign of the 2 year ones. He's not having his usual thing symptoms either. It seems he just believes sleep is for wimps...

Our Family Dr went on sick leave in October, and has since resigned (she has ovarian cancer) the clinic is closing and so we no longer have a FD. He's being followed in the pediatric clinic at the hospital for his delays, but it's only seen on clinic days (which only happen twice a month) we go again on the 22nd, so I'll ask about some strategies, in addition to help finding a new Dr. I'm looking to find one for myself and both kids, but nova Scotia has such a shortage, it may be months, even a full year before we find one.

Aimee I hope you get some answers, good thinking on the gluten thing as it could be linked because of the family history.

Meghan I'll team up with you, Lola has never ever slept through the night!! She goes to bed then around midnight wakes up and generally co sleeps til the morning but she's such a fidget I'm constantly waking up! This last week she has been getting really angry and shouting no more when I try and settle her in her cot. So you aren't alone!

Regarding time outs, I dont think at this age they can comprehend consequences of their actions but for me I don't think I will use this anyway.
If Lola bites or hits or throws things then I explain why we don't do that and give her a second chance but if it happens again I take the object/toy away and then get on with another game etc. If Lola bites and it does hurt! Then I tell her, no and tell her it hurts and just say to sit down, she calms down then we attempt to get her to say sorry and have a hug before we carry on.

Ashlynn has ne'er slept through either! The best we've had is one wake up but those are few and far between!!!!

Aimee keep is updated on aria. My step mom is a celiac so I know it won't be easy, but once you know the problem it can be worked with!! :) good luck!

We use time out when ashlynn throws a full on tantrum but usually just explain why we don't do things and if she carries on we take the problem object away and do something different.

Sorry to hear about gabriels sleeping! Im out of ideas too sounds like you have tried everything.
does he cry when he wakes up? If not if it were me id just leave him to it.
Sorry to hear about everyone else's lack of sleep too!

I'm in the no sleep boat also! Max ends up Co sleeping and he tosses and turns and keeps me up up. Just thankful Aria had been sleeping well the part few days as im constantly tired. I keep telling myself it is just a phase and he will out grow it! And it's true.

As I posted on Facebook yesterday the blood lab wouldn't take arias blood saying they need two people there to ensure its a positive experience for children.
Which I completely get however I am unable to get in until Friday to get them done which I'm not sure if that is leaving it to late to detect anything as doctor said get then done asap.
Love nelson but some things are not as straight forward as back home *sigh*

Aimee - I read about that on your FB. What a headache but I'm glad the ped finally got back to you without you having to follow up yourself.

As for me, 31 weeks tomorrow. I feel it but at the same time I don't. I feel so totally disconnected from this baby/pregnancy and it's really bugging me. Part of it is the anterior placenta because I don't feel the same kinds of strong kicks I'm used to, so most times it feels more like cervical pains and gas bubbles popping lol. Or just feeling the pressure in my ribs. And then my SPD is horrendously painful so I physically feel 3rd trimester pregnant. I also think part of is that Hannah keeps me so busy all the time that it's hard to just focus on Leah/this pregnancy you know? Meghan do you have that same problem at all? Hopefully not because it kinda sucks lol.

Stressing over money because I've stopped working. OH started a new job paying more and had to quit his previous job as they wouldn't accept his new availability but this new job is giving him roughly 18 hours a week. The last week of this month, he's not even scheduled (but scheduled 18 hours the following week.) He travels for this job (mostly within a 30 mile radius so not toooo bad) but gas is paid for out of pocket so it's like the increase in pay doesn't make much difference. We thought he'd be getting around 30 hours a week which is why we were so excited about this job but seeing a month's worth of hours at only 18 hrs per week (and one week with 0), I'm panicking. I'm still waiting to find out if my leave of absence is approved in which case I'll receive short-and-long-term disability pay at 50% of my pay until 6 weeks after the baby is born plus cashing out my vacation hours (only 27 vacation hours banked but it's still something!) but there's a slight chance it won't be approved so again, I'm panicking.

We have nothing ready for Leah. We got rid of so much after Hannah outgrew it to bring in some extra cash or free up space so we're starting over and waiting until tax returns come in next month to get the things we need. My baby shower is scheduled for Feb 1 but only 8 people have RSVP'd and I have a feeling because it's my 3rd girl, many people aren't going to show up (rightfully so but still...) AND on top of that because OH barely worked last year, his tax return is like $2000 less than it was last year so again, panicking lol.

My tax return will be taken to cover my unpaid student loans so that really sucks too. And today I'm just feeling very stressed, blah & super nauseous.

That does sound pretty stressful and not cool that the job sounded different to what it actually is.
are you stretched really thin? Or do you have a little money to play with to pick up something for baby each week?

I personally really like buying in bulk. Yes the upfront cost is huge but in the long run I save heaps and I do it with everything That I can.
Mostly because we are a large family and it all goes fast but also because its cheaper that way. Its actually probably where I save the most money tbh

hope you dont stress too much, everything will work out in the end :) it always does.

Well ladies aria didnt test positive for celiac thank goodness. They did say a large number of people still test neg even when they have it but chances are it probably is just gluten intolerance.

she has been doing so well!!

dont have time for a big update but everything here is good.
hubbys jobs settled down and hes happy now he has had a few talks with his bosses and everyone is on the same page so we are ntnp now.

Zephyr: Thats great the Aria has tested negative but seems to be doing well on gluten free!

You are a brave woman for having more babies... I would be terrified about having another round of twins!

Glad she tested negative and is doing better.

NTNP???!!! Oh goodness, good luck lady <3

As for me, 32 weeks along and nothing too exciting happening here lol. Baby shower is two weeks from tomorrow, maternity shoot is scheduled for Feb 11th but I have to contact the photographer again to confirm because I haven't heard from her in awhile. She was our wedding photographer but we decided to postpone the wedding for financial reasons so she allowed us to apply our deposit toward a maternity shoot instead. I'm nervous about that because it's freezing cold/winter here and I wanted my girls in a couple pictures but we'll see. Anything will be better than my shoot with my mom last pregnancy, if y'all remember how much I hated those pictures lol.

im hanging in there. Im having the early start of SPD this pregnancy, along with the hip and tailbone pain that I had with Gabriel. Thankfully Im no where near as nauseated as I was with him, so I guess its my trade off.

Baby is good, measuring a bit big, which is nice because Gabriel measured small from about 25 weeks on. Im really nervous that she is going to be a 10 pounder...lol... Im as big at 23 weeks as I was at 34 weeks with Gabriel!

Hahah oh goodness! I had an ultrasound a month ago and was told she's measuring 10 days behind but no idea if she's caught up since then. I had my appt today and she took my fundal height, didn't tell me what I was measuring but said I'm measuring "good." I go back in 2 weeks though and plan to ask what I'm measuring when she checks it.

I feel you with the SPD pain :( Hope you get some relief. Mine is only getting worse lol.

thanks. Im sure it will continue to get worse, but im starting physio, seeing my chiro etc. I have great short term illness benefits from work. Whenever I go off, I'd still see 75% of my pay, and for 6 weeks I'd see 100% because I still have time in my STI bank. Im hoping to make it until 34 weeks before I go off, so I can have my full pay until baby comes (assuming she comes on time!) My last fundal height was measuring a week ahead, and she was measuring big on my anatomy scan by a few days. G measured small on my anatomy scan by a few days, so we will see how big she ends up! (hopefully no where close to 10 lbs!)

At the very least, you have about 2 months left, and I know both your other 2 came early, so maybe less!

Hope those help you :)

I've been off work since Dec 26th because of my SPD and sciatica. My OB finally signed the paperwork my company needs today so I haven't received any pay yet but I get 50% of my pay up until 6 weeks after the birth and I'm cashing in my vacation hours (not a lot because I used so many up when calling off work before taking my LOA.) I'm hoping it gets processed and approved quickly because then I'll get paid the 31st and that would be like 4 weeks of pay (so at 50%, it'd be like 2 weeks of pay but still... better than nothing and coming at the perfect time with rent being due.)

Yeah, Autumn was 10 days early and Hannah was 13 days early so we'll see. I'm definitely ready for this pregnancy to be over with and I'm sure these last few weeks are just going to draaaggggg on.

Wow I cant believe you dont have long to go!

good to hear the pregnancies are going well.

haha dont mention twins......ive been cracking double yolker eggs every morning for the last few weeks. Hubby is freaked out cos it happened last time with the twins.

on a serious note though we understand the odds but we believe we will just get our 'last' baby not babies and if we do happen to get a second set then at least we know what to expect :p and omg the things I would do differently!

We will see what happens anyways.

Was thinking about starting a blog but don't think Ill have time though it would be kinda cool to write down the chaos and fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->