• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babies that were due in may 2012

Yay for scan pics! So precious!

Is anyone's kids still on bottles before bed or nap time? Ashlynn is and I'm trying to stop it but it's not going well... Any advice?

We told the kids yesterday. Zoe the 8 year old is very excited. The oldest however had a bit of a sulk but shes fine now.

Now all there is to tell is my mum and facebook.
Getting a bit tired of people assuming it was an accident when we do share the news tho.

Yup Aria is still bottle fed and has one before bed. We have switched to standard milk now tho as she can tolerate dairy now that we dropped the gluten.
we thought about taking it off her but she is no way going to give it up yet. So we have decided to just leave her to it for a bit longer.

Max is still breastfeeding. ..... he won't wean, I have no idea what im going to do since I can only feed off one breast.

We just handed Gabriel a sippy cup. Cold turkey. I think he was definitely ready though. He spent more time playing and chewing on the nipples than actually drinking.

Lol... Aimee, I'd just post out up on fb... it's not like your mom has been overly supportive about your parenting...

Yay for scan pics! So precious!

Is anyone's kids still on bottles before bed or nap time? Ashlynn is and I'm trying to stop it but it's not going well... Any advice?

Hannah hasn't had bottles since she was like 13-14 months old. She's been on sippy cups since. She gets a cup of almond milk with dinner about an hour before bed but nothing to go to bed/nap with. No advice because we didn't have to try. She just switched with no issues for us.

Omg I did it O_O

I think I sat there for an hour with the post up debating on why I should or shouldn't.
Im actually interested in whether she will wish congrats and share the pic or announce it herself or whether she will just ignore it.

:p

Aw Aimee, I feel for you hun! Id be the same if I got pregnant again. My mom was so disapproving the first time, I suspect it would be the same second time round. So horrible how we're full grown adults with kids of our own yet we're still terrified of our parents and their reactions. Either way you are all happy about it and that's what's matters.

Thanks :) im sorry your mum was disapproving also. I think its rediculous we have to worry about our parents reactions as you said, we are grown adults!! It showed my age yesterday on one of my scan pics and i thought im 31 ffs im not a kid why on earth does this bother me so much and thats when I decided to just post it. I thought id wait till the morning to do it.

it wasnt actually as bad as I expected tho. And I did get a congrats from her In the post Which is better than I expected. No message or anything yet.

So its done. Pretty much everyone knows now. phew. Feel so much better now.

Yay!

Yay, Aimee! I'm glad you decided to post it! Perhaps she will be less vocal about your decisions :)

Anti does Ashlynn drink out of sippy cups in the day time? If so I'd just start putting milk in there. If not I'd just start leaving them around so she can pick one up when she's ready. Or take her to the shop to choose a new one herself.

As I breastfed Lola I just gave her a sippy cup from 6 months old with her water and when I stopped her night feed at 14/15 months I just replaced it with a cup of milk.

I can't understand why parents wouldn't be happy, unless it was for a really good reason. I can't wait til I have another one, I think my mum will be so excited!

Anti - Sam was still having a bottle until a few weeks ago, he was waking 2 -3 times a night for one. Actually he stopped having bottles at nap and bedtime a long time ago without problem strangely enough, we just hold his hand until he falls asleep. I was getting so sick of not getting a good nights sleep, leaking nappies, and increasingly early morning wakings that we stopped giving bottles cold turkey, it was so hard because I never wanted to do CIO. He cried for the bottle one time a night for 2 nights and has STTN ever since without a peep. I know that it won't be the same for every child but so wish we would have done it sooner if I had known he would have taken it so well, but then again I guess he might not have taken it so well when he was younger - it is so hard to know what the 'right' thing to do is sometimes.

He doesn't have much milk now but has a very good diet so not really concerned plus I think it was a viscous cycle at night because the milk would give him upset tummy and he would wake but would only go back to sleep with more milk and then wake for more etc. Now he doesn't have it he sleeps so much better because I think his stomach is settled and a bonus is his early wakings seemed to have stopped as well. :happydance:

Yeah still havnt heard anything from her :p ohhh well.

I went shopping last night, half priced kids clothes. Got all the kids winter pjs and a bunch of other stuff even some newborn things. Hehe it was kinda cool buying for nb.
my oldest is totally okay now she was awww ing over the baby clothes and helping me pick which was kinda cool.

Then I came home to one of my kids vomiting cos she has a tummy bug :( so nath and zoe are off school today. Have my fingers and toes crossed that the twins dont get it! Or even myself! Im what keeps this house running lol and two toddlers puking with one pair of hands ha no thanks.

She has sippy cups of water during the day and has done for ages now. I think the bottle thing is a comfort thing for her and I should probably try harder with weaning her off it but she's still so little and I hate upsetting her. :( I don't know what to do.

Aww if you feel you should wean her off the bottle then absolutely do it but if part of you feels like you shouldn't. ....for whatever reason then I personally would wait a bit longer and maybe set a date. Say.....when she turns 2 or something. Depending on how she handles change, get her used to the idea first :)

Max is still breastfeeding and although I wanted him to wean by 2 im not going to force it on him as I think he will stop when he is ready to stop. I'll limit it for sure but id make it a slow transition for him as he is really attached to it and I dont think he would cope well. I am soft when it comes to my kids when they are young tho. The twins are still rocked to sleep every night, we still cosleep, they are carried a lot, and both sleep on me (on the rare occasion) during the day :p

It's all about giving them comfort when they are little :)
Lola is currently snuggled on my lap having cuddles.
You can only do what your comfortable with. If Lola needs rocking to sleep then that's what we do, although she's pretty good with bedtime. She generally co-sleeps from the early hours tho lol!

On an exciting note, my best friend and her husband have just bought a house 4 doors away from me!!! Ahh so excited about this and we are all off for a mini holiday together in a few months too :)

Thats really cool your friend is moving close by :) Does she have kids too?

Asterix, bruja, leonitis, connovar (again)
Thought you ladies may get a giggle out of hubbys new name suggestions.

I said to him before that I think hes doing this on purpose so I pick the lesser of rediculous and go with Julius cos he did this with max.
somehow I feel like theres a bigger plan here......julius and maximus.....yeaaaah.
These names are all too silly to be serious. I lol every time. Gosh I hope hes not serious.

If we were having a boy, hubby wanted to name him "Damian" or "Lucien" to along with Gabriel
sigh... thank goodness this baby is a girl...

Aimee, my friend doesn't have kids yet but they are planning on trying for their first a bit later this year!

Hee hee I like different names but they are quite something else lol!!

I'm hoping the OH is in agreement to ttc again soon, I'd like to start trying again in the next couple months so fingers crossed!

Right now it's Mother's Day, the clocks have gone forward an hour and I have a sleeping Lola beside me :) must get up as I have a dog show today and need to get ready.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->