Baby Best Buys

smart trike. Abbie likes hers so much she has to get sitting in it to watch her cartoons! :blush:

Ok now Toby is almost 3 months :shock: i am revisiting this thread to say what we have found useful in these early days and weeks :thumbup:

Changing station (as previously mentioned)

More bibs and muslin squares than you can possibly think you could need!

Baby Nose Clear Nasal Aspirator (you control the suction, it's much much better than the bulb style aspirators and a god-send if your LO gets a cold as if their noses are really blocked they'll find it hard to feed)

Clearly Herbal Natural Bamboo Baby Wipes, pricier than some other wipes but very thick and soft and kind to baby bottoms :thumbup:

Cherry teat dummies (Toby hated the tommy tippee CTN orthodontic ones we bought :dohh: )

Avent Microwave steriliser (I'm breastfeeding but it was cheap from mothercare and we needed one for the dummies and occasional bottle of EBM) It's really straightforward to use and fits loads in, just one of those products that does what it says on the tin without any bells or whistles! :thumbup:

Arm's Reach Co Sleeper cot, Ok ok i admit we're not using this at the minute (we're actually co-sleeping as in bed sharing right now) but Toby was in it for the first 3 weeks and it was fantastic having him right there next to me, and i would highly recommend it for breastfeeding mums. Also, although i didn't have one, i can imagine it would be really handy if you've had a c-section too as you don't have to leave the bed at all, it has pockets all round the side to store nappies, wipes, breastpads, baby clothes etc :thumbup:

Vibrating bouncer chair, we didn't actually BUY this, it was a hand-me-down but it's great! Toby likes to sit in while i sort washing etc!

That's all i can think of for now. Hope that helps someone!

fisher price rainforest take along swing FAB FAB FAB managed to get a 2nd hand one from gumtree for 20 quid and love it love it love1
tiny love activity arch is fab too

Thanks so much for this post it is very useful.

Mx

Lamaze Octotunes. Bubs isn't here yet to play with it but I love it! It comes with a little song book and squeezing the relevant coloured tentacle will make a little tune. It also has a nice vanilla smell to it. I'm sure Bubs will love it! :)

tommee tippee travel bottle warmer absolutely FAB!!!!

Can I add a clothing best buy?

Jacket/Coat by "Me Too"

it's really bright and funky, windproof/waterproof while being lightweight and can be machine washed and tumble dried. Has never lost it's "brand new" look. It's a fabulous coat. So far she's gotten 7 months wear (I put it on when it was a wee bit big to get my ££ worth and she's kind of a small girlie so is still wearing at after she should have grown out of it lol)

This isn't the one I have but is an example of this season's variation....
https://www.bibaloo.com/shop/images/products/medium/1266441645metoo17071https://www.bibaloo.com/shop/images/products/medium/1266441684metoo17073

Baby sleeping bags! A must! also loved my Dream Genii pillow to help me sleep when pregnant and my OiOi changing bag

My ''couldnt live without baby product'' was our day/night warming feeder,
sat nicely on the bed side cabinet and heated baby's milk within minutes, saves all te hassle of going downstairs at stupid o clock definatley a must for any new parent :)

So far:

Dr Brown's bottles....absolutely brilliant!

Graco Sterling Travel System....so easy to fold up the pram bit and it fits in my small car nicely...unlike most!

Bumbo...he's only been in it for a couple of days and already it keeps him settles, safe and entertained!

LaMaze toys - mostly the Octopus...he loves them!

Garden Friends cot mobile: This is the thing he loves the most! He can lay there for ages smiling and laughing at it....good for when I'm making up a bottle to keep him entertained.

Bumbo for sure! My 2 year old still steals it from my 7 month old!! Haha.
Safe Dreams Cot Wrap!
Muslin cloths.... had a very sicky baby!!

My first reaction was "what's a bumbo" but just googled it and realised i've seen them before, just didn't know the name. yep, everyone i've talked to swears by them, definitely got to get one soon

taggies my daughter loves taggs so all her taggies are very used and very loved it's the best at cheering her up even now cuddles with a taggie calm her down and cheer her up xx

My wallaboo car seat footmuff, a must for a winter baby!!!

Bumpsters

Baby bath

My quinny buzz 3

My yummy mummy changing bag

Sleeping bags

Muslins

Angelcare sensor & movement monitor - worth every penny

M&P starlite swing

The cheap 'spot' bouncy chair from Mothercare that costs 12.99-14.99, its exactly the same design in shape as the one I had as a baby and is much better than pricey bouncy chairs; it is quite upright but baby's head/neck is not crunched up at any time, which is a flaw some of the pricier 'lie flat' bouncers have. As they get bigger the seat moulds to them more and more; so its really comfy for them. Its simple; no toy bar, no vibrate but its brilliant.

NUK vapo rapid steriliser; much cheaper than other branded sterilisers when on offer and is just so much better quality, also it will hold 5 or 6 wide necked bottles of any size/brand extremely well. It also has an 8 minute cycle that means 8 minutes.

NUK bottles/teats- cannot fault them, ideal if breast or formula feeding (if BF make sure you buy the small feed hole teats).

Chicco winter London stroller- I used to have this then overloaded it with about 5x its recommended weight (gardening stuff) after having it for nearly 4 years; it broke it but that was 100% my fault; I'd overloaded it many times previous and it had done no harm. I wish I would have got another one this time; its not the prettiest stroller on the market (its a blah shade of navy blue usually) but the included fleece lined footmuff adds some decent padding for a younger baby; it lies almost flat with a quality mechanism, the wheels are robust and its extremely sturdy with good suspension and the brakes work brilliantly. Its super lightweight and the handles are at a great height for most people (101cm).

My best buys were muslim squares and small cheap hand towels from asdas/tescos for mopping up and sick/milk or food.

Rainforest Fisher price play mat

bouncer rocker (had the vibrate but never used it as it unsettled our LO)

minky dot mothercare blanket, LO still has it now aged 3 and its his comforter to this day.

cold sterilizer and tablets, so much more practical for us personally.

just bought a couple of organic baby grows from green nippers. they're fabulous! even have folding scratch mitts too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->