Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Have you been doing a bit more than normal Whisper? That can set bleeding off again.

I think bleeding on and off until 8 weeks pp is quite common x

Hi ladies, been quiet in here today!

Hope everyone is okay? Jack has been asleep for the last few hours, since about 3pm on and off :( Going to be a long night again by the looks of things because he is still in a deep sleep!

We went to Trafford Centre today for some chocolates for OHs sisters bday tomorrow (her fave chocs from Hotel Chocolat) and we got there and they are bloody discontinued :growlmad: All that way for nothing.

Happy 6 weeks baby Jade!

Anyone got any plans this week? Im taking Oscar for an appt with a paediatrician about his development on tuesday, going to get both the boys weighed on thursday, but apart from that Ive got a boring week ahead!

Good luck for oscars app and I hope you get a better sleep. Xx

WEEKENDS always a bit busy here. I an currently trying to plan half term . Jades been restless this eve x

I agree with Smiley, our bodies will be all over Whisper, try not to worry darling.

How are you all?

My MW was on about contraception and said the coil, but which coil as there are different ones right?
xoxox

Hey Bec!

Well I used the coil a couple of months before Lia was conceived.. Actually she was conceived right after I took it out..
I used the copper one since I hate the hormone imbalances that any and all hormonal contraceptives do for me, But it turned out a disaster, I got 5 different infections from the copper coil as well as an allergic reaction to it, my dr at the time told me if I get an allergic reaction to copper earrings then I most probably shouldnt use the copper coil? (not sure if this is true)

Anyhow, My MW here told me that it's because I had never had a baby yet so the coil shouldnt have been the best option... so this was my experience.. I am never using the coil again..

Back to pills I guess.. Ill be trying them out :shrug:

Thanks Farida, I'll bear that in mind.

I've had a meltdown doing this night feed. I'm super tired, I'm having killer headaches, and I'm still so so sore down there, I feel like I've got a bowling ball in between my legs. I've cried and cried, and then went to the toilet after drinking water (a lot of it) to stingy pee, which hurts my tear so bad, so I'm just fed up. I just want sleep, which I'm not getting, not because of Lily, but because I can't settle as all I'm listening for is her.

Sorry for the rant :cry:.
xoxox

Oh huny bless you :(
:hugs:

Is there any way you can treat yourself to a day alone? I know it sounds selfish but if you can give Lily to a parent or something and take the day to just have some peace and alone time to heal a little and catch some sleep and maybe pamper yourself a little bit..
That will help so much.. !
(also a warm bath? or a warm shower really helps) with some candles maybe?

Becca- it is so hard and overwhelming. I have had melt dozens and weepy days. Just put the day behind you- they don't go away but they get less and easier. Big hugs. Xxx

I've had a meltdown doing this night feed. I'm super tired, I'm having killer headaches, and I'm still so so sore down there, I feel like I've got a bowling ball in between my legs. I've cried and cried, and then went to the toilet after drinking water (a lot of it) to stingy pee, which hurts my tear so bad, so I'm just fed up. I just want sleep, which I'm not getting, not because of Lily, but because I can't settle as all I'm listening for is her.

xoxox

:hugs:

we had a 3 hour stretch of sleep last night!! :happydance: let's see how it goes tonight...

Smiley, I hear ya here on pulling the bulk of the night load:hugs:. I do all the feedings which takes like 30-45 min and sometimes have to pump too, and he changes some of the diapers which takes all of 2 minutes. And then he likes to complain when he wakes up next. :growlmad:

We've all had the snuffles here too, I think its because the weather doesnt know what its doing - one minute we have a lovely spring day, the next we have several inches of snow and freezing temperatures.

I'd love some time to get my house back in order, I tried putting Calum in the sling a couple times but my pelvis starts to ache. Do the wraps still distribute the weight through your hips?

It's not a wrap but the Ergo carrier is AWESOME for putting weight on your hips. I really love it.

xoxox

So sorry - this is totally normal and I have these days too. Still feeling crappy from birth doesn't help. I didn't feel back to myself until 4.5 weeks. Do try to get out of the house without her and pamper yourself. Even if it's for a couple hours you will feel like a new person.:hugs:

Becca, how is your rash??

Embo, sorry for the cold mess! Perhaps they could give something to help with the symptoms?

Jem, Lysol everything and hand washing kept me from getting sick when I was pregnant! Hope you two escape the sickness!

Happy 6 weeks Jade :)

Need some help from you ladies...Is anyone else having really bad evening fussing? I am baffled but seems like no matter what, he melts down between 5-8pm...I've tried giving his meds earlier in the day (1pm instead of 3/4pm) to see if that helped today...when he's like this nothing consoles him until he wears himself out and I am talking full on maniacal screaming - like pain cry. No position of holding, swinging, rocking, feeding, binkies, nothing...I finally swaddled and held him side lying but it took forever for him to settle down...

Any tips??? In general, when he's awake he seems to have a hard time being content...It's draining :( I keep feeling like maybe I am missing something...maybe it's just this age? Do they get more content and smiley while awake when they are older?

Also, we're officially in 3mo clothes now :( where has my little baby gone??

Need some help from you ladies...Is anyone else having really bad evening fussing? I am baffled but seems like no matter what, he melts down between 5-8pm...I've tried giving his meds earlier in the day (1pm instead of 3/4pm) to see if that helped today...when he's like this nothing consoles him until he wears himself out and I am talking full on maniacal screaming - like pain cry. No position of holding, swinging, rocking, feeding, binkies, nothing...I finally swaddled and held him side lying but it took forever for him to settle down...

Any tips??? In general, when he's awake he seems to have a hard time being content...It's draining :( I keep feeling like maybe I am missing something...maybe it's just this age? Do they get more content and smiley while awake when they are older?

Tobias has 2-3 fussy periods a day, but the evening one is the worst - i think it's just that he's so tired and done with the day, but he's too worked up to rest. Sorry, i don't have any tips - we try everything, too, until he finally gives up and takes a nap

[/QUOTE]Need some help from you ladies...Is anyone else having really bad evening fussing? I am baffled but seems like no matter what, he melts down between 5-8pm...I've tried giving his meds earlier in the day (1pm instead of 3/4pm) to see if that helped today...when he's like this nothing consoles him until he wears himself out and I am talking full on maniacal screaming - like pain cry. No position of holding, swinging, rocking, feeding, binkies, nothing...I finally swaddled and held him side lying but it took forever for him to settle down...

Also, we're officially in 3mo clothes now :( where has my little baby gone??[/QUOTE]

I find when Elsie is fussy I give her a tummy massage. Usually for Elsie's when she is unhappy its because she's got to poo or she's got some gas. Search colic massage or baby massage on YouTube and there should be a video showing how to do it.

I've been super busy so I haven't been able to catch up but I am trying to keep up with journals.

Hope everyone is well :)

tnt - YEs Lia is also very fussy in the evening specially when I am winding down to go to sleep.. nothing seems to stop her fussiness for longer than 5 minutes.. she even might fall asleep at that time then 5 minutes later flailing hands and feet and fussy again.. but not screaming :o Thank god

I hope she gets better huny, it is draining even for lia to fuss so I cant imagine how you feel! :hugs:

Anybody else's LO suddenly criesout in their sleep as if really SAD not in pain just sad cry... like they just had a nightmare?

Early morning xx
Sorry some of your LO's are being pickles with the sleep.

My first was always like that between 5-8pm... Got no tips but she went down at 7pm from 8 weeks and slept right through. I think she was exhausted from the day and was over tired so she would just scream?

When I look back I remember dreading my first waking up- she was soooo unsettled and a bit of a misery. Sounds awful dreading her but it was how I felt.

Ruby keeps doing poohs in her sleep, just changed her and there is an old pooh, yet I did her just before bed.

Any help on my two year old? She has had a hacking cough for a few days but now her voice has completely gone!!! Lovely, ha ha, but I'm worried- can the doctor do anything? I'm assuming her throat is red raw from coughing??
Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but I know some of us have older ones and may have experience?

Hope your all sleeping... And Becca, hope your ok xx

TNT- that's what Thomas has been like. Fussing and crying from 5ish till 8 of 9. They said colic and reflux (reflux through night). I'm using coleif and gaviscon. After me told me to stop drinking sparkling water (I drink about 2-3l per day) the reflux has eased a lot and the colic doesn't seem as bad (touch wood) But it light just be the coleif kicking in. Xxx

Has anybody heard its going to be snow next weekend? Dh going on about it because his family coming to visit

Early morning xx
Sorry some of your LO's are being pickles with the sleep.

My first was always like that between 5-8pm... Got no tips but she went down at 7pm from 8 weeks and slept right through. I think she was exhausted from the day and was over tired so she would just scream?

When I look back I remember dreading my first waking up- she was soooo unsettled and a bit of a misery. Sounds awful dreading her but it was how I felt.

Ruby keeps doing poohs in her sleep, just changed her and there is an old pooh, yet I did her just before bed.

Any help on my two year old? She has had a hacking cough for a few days but now her voice has completely gone!!! Lovely, ha ha, but I'm worried- can the doctor do anything? I'm assuming her throat is red raw from coughing??
Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but I know some of us have older ones and may have experience?

Hope your all sleeping... And Becca, hope your ok xx

Oh bless her :( Would she take any honey and lemon? With the cough I always find vicks rubbed all over their feet (then socks put on) Works a treat! How is her cough? more of a bark?

Good morning!

Harry decided he only wanted 3 minutes of a feed at 1am, so I've woken up a bit engorged this morning! Though, he's evening things up now. I never feed him from both boobs in a session, but I had to take this opportunity because I felt too full!

He also never poos at night, but did two last night! He just filled his nappy again after I changed him 10 minutes ago!

Anyway, we're back home - we were going to stay at DH's parents' house for two nights but decided to come home last night. That way, we've all got a full day at home together. :) I'm not too sure what our plans are, though I know Alex wants to take Harry out in the BabyBjörn on his own at some point! :D

Hugs becca and tnt :hugs:

Jem, bless her, hope her cough gets better soon.

Mrsswaf, aww wish my OH would have a positive outlook on baby wearing!

Jack had a rubbish sleep again :nope: We have been up since around 3.20am (managed some sleep between 5.30 and 6.20 though!)

Had to change his clothes in the night because he shit all over them, poor thing hadnt pooed for a few days so it completely filled his nappy and then spilled over. Never seen so much poo from such a little person x

We had a bit of a better sleep, well from 5.30-11.30, then 12-3 but after 3 he's been proper unsettled and I have to get up with the big ones at 5.30 to start breakfast and get sorted for school :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->