Baby Bugs Due February 2013

About the water, I honestly cant understand what the big deal is?!if your baby needs water then dont feel bad about giving it. I havent given Jack any but thats because he doesnt need it. If he does need it then I will give it :shrug:

About the water, I honestly cant understand what the big deal is?!if your baby needs water then dont feel bad about giving it. I havent given Jack any but thats because he doesnt need it. If he does need it then I will give it :shrug:

I don't see the fuss either, on the side of the box of formula it says to offer cooled boiled water between feeds.

The only thing that the health visitor did say was to be careful offering Daniel water too often as it will probably just come straight back because of his reflux.

Purée carrots today for us. We will see how we go!

I found that he sleeps so much better in his cot than he ever did in his Moses basket.

The Internet is a dangerous place- you could find thousands of articles saying one thing and then thousands saying the exact opposite. Go with your gut feeling- happy baby = happy mummy!

That is what I mean MF! Times change and if a bit water was harmful then we would have all died out years ago lol!! I weaned Osc at 15 weeks whereas the 'guidelines' say 6 months. Just do whatever feels best for your baby x

Water is really only bad if you give them loads and loads and loads.

Weaning is a pain in the bum, I'm starting that as late as possible :rofl:

Osc had bad reflux so decided to wean him early (didnt do anything to help his reflux though lol!) Plus he kept staring everytime we were eating so I felt bad that he was only having milk ha ha!

:haha:

I hated eating in front of the kids when they were babies, the way they stared at me put me off my food :rofl:

Ten years ago when I had jade it was very different advice, we were told to offer water every day and we were told to wean at 3 and a half months! How it's all changed! You have to do what you feel s right I think if phoebe shows signs of needing more than milk before 6months then I shall wean her! Each to there own the Internet is also a nightmare conflicting evidence all the time.

MF I bet theyget packed they give it nice all weekend! At least playing in garden will entertain them it's been a godsend for me if I've got nothing planned!

It's because of reflux that I decided to start a 4 months.

I have watched him ove the last couple of weeks and he has been watching us eating, he has also lost the tongue reflex that pushes food out again so very little comes out of his mouth again. He has started putting toys in his mouth in the last day or two, he has a favourite toy which he grabs and puts straight into his mouth- it is hard plastic though so it quite often snacks him in the face first. It lent annoy him though.

I can't understand how the guidelines change so often- talk about confusing people!

thanks ladies i must of sounded one paranoid mummy there sorry:haha:

Nooo you didnt Whisper, just remember to do whatever you think is best for baby. If you feel uncomfortable giving water that is fine. If you are happy to give water then that is also fine!! :hugs:

Midnight-you are one lucky lady. Your lo sleeps so well. I wish mine was like that. He only sleeps for 3 hours after his morning bath. Then only 2 hrs at late night/early morning when i give him bottle. Rest of the day he hardly sleeps gor 15 mins. In the first month I made it a habit of putting him in a cradle. Now he sleeps with me on my bed. I will get him a cot once I shift from my mom's place to our house.

Teething....has anyone's lo started putting his/her hands after milk. Is it the starting stage of teething? Shresh has started this a week back. He keeps hid left hands inside hid bottle after I feed him his full and while playing.

thanks ladies i must of sounded one paranoid mummy there sorry:haha:
You dont have to feel sorry. We often get worried for our children. You sounded like a worried mommy who couldn't see her baby in pain. You are a good loving mom.

:haha:

I hated eating in front of the kids when they were babies, the way they stared at me put me off my food :rofl:

I have stopped eating or drinking in front of lo. Yea......the stare and the tongue coming out in aand out finishes my appetite.

Best, has the early weaning helped Daniel's reflux? Am thinking of doing it with theo.

Theo had his second chiropractic appt today- think it maybe helping :) he's full of cold tho, it's his 3rd one since he was born! Bad mummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->