Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Yeah, I don't think I've come across your surname before, Sasha. Who the hell misspells your name 'Shasha'? Is that a name?! :p

Don't get me started on people misspelling my first name. Even when I spell it out, people spell it with a C or two (or two Ks!), or get the A and H the wrong way around. :haha:

Swaffer is sometimes also spelled 'Swoffer'; they're both pronounced the same.

I didnt realise it was prounounced swoffer, I thought it was like swAffer :haha:

me too:haha:

I often get asked if I'm related to Mel Gibson or have anything to do with the guitar :lol:

Haha! Em, I hadn't even made those connections with your name! :p

Yeah, a lot of people mispronounce my surname as 'Swa'-ffer or 'Sway'-ffer. :haha:

I love the way people mispronounce names :lol:

A elderly lady asked what Connors name was today at a birthday party and she thought I said 'Donna' first and then 'Donny' :lol: I just gave up in the end :haha:

My surname is Holland now and everybody says- speltf like the country. Don't ask me why but it really grates! Xx

I don't know many other Alicia's - with my maiden name I think my name was unique but with my married name (French) there are loads of them.

Elodie is doomed to a life of spelling out her name :haha: lots of people look at us like we are mental when we say her name and say thing like 'oh interesting'.

Other people are nice though. I really wanted to put the accent over the 'E' in her name but I thought that was a bit unfair. If she wants to do that when she is older I am all for it .

Awww thanks. I think it is feminine and pretty, I think it will get a lot more popular in the next few years.

Ivy is in the top 40 girls names for the first 3 months of 2013!

I has never heard of elodie before it is really pretty. Ivy is cute as well.

Awww thanks. I think it is feminine and pretty, I think it will get a lot more popular in the next few years.

Ivy is in the top 40 girls names for the first 3 months of 2013!

ooo how do you find out? I only know one other Elodie in RL and thats a lil girl in my DDs class so she is 6 .

found one :)

https://www.babynames.co.uk/blog/the-top-40-boys-and-top-40-girls-from-2013-so-far/

Yes I do love the name Elodie.
Isla was unheard of back in 2009 and now she has three in her tiny nursery class!

My surname is Gwynne- Welsh.
My mum married and had my brother (6 years older) she split up fom her husband but kept her name.
She met my Dad and within 6 weeks she was expecting me.... At birth my mum insisted I had her surname so me, mum and brother shared the name.
(My mum and Dad split when I was two)
My mum re married again when I was 10- so my surname matched my brothers but not my mum or Dad!! My Dads is Davey.
So when I married I was over the moon to get rid of a name that meant nothing to me.

I made Shaun sort the loft of clothes and seriously there is sooooooo much! I feel so sad coz theses clothes hold many memories. I fel sad I will never juggle a baby in these clothes :(
Oh and I got the morning after pill from out of hours, phew.

How's everyone's babies?
Ruby's milks went a bit off this afternoon. She was due at 4 ish but had it at 5pm and by 6 she was screaming for sleep, so I put her down for a 'nap' and she is still asleep now! Not sure what this means for tonight?

Xxx

Oh gosh some serious mistakes in the above post. Lol I'm sure you get what I mean x

Jades been all over the place today aswell! She just wanted to sleep earlier :( glad you sorted the pill. I think its normal to be sad about no more children xx

Hey ladies, I'm sad too about packing all little clothes away and I will finally have to sort Ollies baby stuff ! But on flip side I sometimes think glad it's all over and it will start to get easier, jade will be off to secondary next sept and ollie to primary so 1 at home will be amazing. :thumbup:

MF the first list without my baby's name on it ha ha

First night out booked today for end of month excited but scared how much it's going to hurt the next day:haha:

U will have a fab time :)

Math is off to secondary next year too! Scary! I do agree that I love babies but I am glad we are complete and its all forward now. I cant wait for jade to be 4. Loved that age!

I cant wait for my boys to be a bit older...dont want to wish it away or anything but it is quite tough to have two so young at the minute!

Oh and that list of names...cant believe Oscar is number 2!!! I knew it would be high but not that high :rofl: and Jack is 15 :dohh:

I thought Sophie would be higher, I see that name EVERYWHERE now :haha:

Wow, Harrison at number 30! I didn't actually expect to see it. I expected Harry (number 10) though. :thumbup:

I love the name Élodie, AP. She should definitely tack the acute accent onto the E. My middle name is Leah (pronounced 'Lay-ah'), and there was a time when I wanted to add the accent to the E, so it would be Léah - that way, it's spelled how it's pronounced. Plus, I have French connections; my dad lives in France and was married to a French lady and had two bilingual kids with her. :) I didn't want to be pretentious though - and it's only my middle name. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->