Baby Bugs Due February 2013

i think ive already lost a fair bit lol i keep forgettingto eat!:haha:

Jem, I got an information sheet from my pediatrician and it says for girl babies some yellow or bloody discharge is normal after birth due to hormones from the mother. It also mentions a yeast infection/thrush though, and like MrsSwaffer said if it's in her mouth could also be down there.

Lindy, BFing can be a contraceptive for some women but you have to do it exactly right (exclusive and frequent BFing, delayed solids, night feedings, etc.). Once you get your period it's no longer a reliable form of birth control (also once you get your period you have already ovulated). Every woman's body reacts differently! Some have to stop BFing altogether in order to get pregnant again, and some get pregnant only 6-8 weeks PP while exclusively BFing.

As for weight I had gained about 32 lbs by the time I delivered, and have lost 23. Only 9 more lbs to go to get to my pre-preg weight, not too bad. BFing definitely helps!! :)

I'm struggling with the whole contraception thing too. not sure what to have!! we dtd last for first time since labour! it was nice just to able to get close to him!!!
i am so exhausted at the moment, but feel like i never get to sit down for very long!!! keep dozing of when i do get to sit down!!

as for weightloss, i need to lose 2 stone 11 pounds. i lost a stone from delivery and since then an extra 8 pounds. i really want to get in shape as last time i was pretty slack!!!! so i been trying to work in some zumba, not very often, and i have lots of hills to walk up to get to nursery so that will help.

Question about breastfeeding. I did it for 2 days, then stopped cos i was a wuss!!! ive realised my breasts are still leaking a little. If i gave breastfeeding another go, do u think it will be worth it? how long does it take for them to get the hang of latching on!!!

I was really overweight before I got pregnant and I actually lose weight during pregnancy because I don't eat the crap obviously because it's no good for baby. I plan on walking a hell of a lot more as I'm only a 15 minute walk from the town centre. Just waiting on little man to get more settled in the pram- he seems to hate it :(

What is with these third babies em? Jade likes pram but refuses moses basket straight outright. Fussy thing!!!

Jem, jade has thursh on her bum atm. No discharge just red pimples. Xx

Im not thinking about weight atm as not eating or sleeping right must b so unhealthy right now x

Thanks for the contraceptive bfing advice. We want another one soon but not too soon!

As for weight loss , I have a stone to lose but I am craving chocolate big time. No cravings while pregnant though. Is that because bfing? Not tried to lose weight yet. Head too fuzzy. Will start trying to get out for walks and eat healthy.

Oh I forgot to say I had my midwife visit today and Connor had his heel prick test and got weighed. He's the only one of my babies who didn't cry for it :cloud9:

He's also crazily gained 6 ozs since he was born 5 days ago so is now 9 lbs :D I'll have to start buying 3-6 month clothes soon :nope:

Jades pretty much in 0-3 as she is so long. Not even used the newborn outfits as surprise surprise she also hates getting changed so only do it when needs be lol.

:lol: Yea same with Connor- he wee's so much though so lots of weeing into his clothes :dohh:

It was so funny with the midwife- I said 'oh he hasn't pee'd on me yet like my 1st son did loads' so we weigh him and right on demand he does the hugest biggest wee ever! I laughed SO hard, little tinker must have heard me say it :lol:

Thomas cries if he has to get undressed- never going to be a naturist!
Just read online if bfing shouldn't diet for first 2 months so keep enjoying the chocolate!!

Thomas cries if he has to get undressed- never going to be a naturist!
Just read online if bfing shouldn't diet for first 2 months so keep enjoying the chocolate!!

Woo woo! No diet for me yet then. I cannot get enough crap food. Been on munching on chocolate & crisps all day! X

My midwife told me the best thing for breastfeeding is chocolate! Yessss!! :D

Harry's wearing tiny baby clothes. He's got loads of 0-3m and 3-6m bits, but we'll just have to wait!

He's also got a cold. :( He's got a snotty nose and a horrible chesty cough. I'm always so worried he'll choke when he coughs! It sounds really bad. :( If it doesn't go by next week, I'll take him to the doctors - again!

We've got the health visitor tomorrow. What should I expect? We're going to do a tidy of the flat later. :haha:

They just gave me loads of leaflets and told me about clinic and baby massage and that was it really lol. Xx

Im back in my normal clothes and my stomach looks flat but I dont feel healthy at all!!!

When you are bf does it stop you getting pregnant- not that I'm near being able to DTD!

I wouldn't use it as a bc method exclusively if you don't want to get pregnant - not 100% as babydreams said :)

Omfg I am so bloody tired

Isn't that the understatement of the year!

Hi ladies!

I can't keep up with these threads at the mo- sorry for being absent and probs missed loads of new!

I think Theo and I are getting used to each other but goodness me the sleep deprivation sucks.

I know it's probably a bit soon, but have you guys thought about what you're going to do to lose the baby weight? I've got about 10 pounds to lose but I'm so tired, the breastfeeding gives me a massive appetite and I crave sweet stuff all the time. No idea how I'm going to lose the weight. I'll probs end up gaining it instead!!!

xxx

Not worried now - can tell I've lost quite a bit - haven't weighed myself yet though but bf seems to be working! I've been trying to find a studio to go back to doing Zumba and Piloxing but doesn't look like theres one closer to me and the old one I went to doesn't have childcare.

We need two years before we do another one - Want DH to get finished with his last year and half of school and find a job before we go for #2

I want to do the IUD - here it's the Merena but there's some potential issues that could happen with it (like perferating your uterus and if you get pregnant on it it's a big deal) so I am a little skeptical. I would go back on the pill but Ive been on that for so long and I think the one you can take while bf isn't necessarily the most effective one and you can't waver from the time of day you take it : /

In in my pre-pregnancy jeans today! They're a little bit tight around the arse and thighs, but they do up and are comfortable! I only need to lose about 10lbs to get to pre-pregnancy weight and I'm confident breastfeeding and walking everywhere with the pram will do it! :D

Speaking of breastfeeding, Harry is currently latched to my bare breast for the second time today! :happydance:

My midwife told me the best thing for breastfeeding is chocolate! Yessss!! :D

Harry's wearing tiny baby clothes. He's got loads of 0-3m and 3-6m bits, but we'll just have to wait!

He's also got a cold. :( He's got a snotty nose and a horrible chesty cough. I'm always so worried he'll choke when he coughs! It sounds really bad. :( If it doesn't go by next week, I'll take him to the doctors - again!

We've got the health visitor tomorrow. What should I expect? We're going to do a tidy of the flat later. :haha:

Great news about the chocolate :happydance:

I saw HV yesterday - she asked lots of questions - where does he sleep what position. How would you know he was ill. How can you tell if too hot/cold. She went through SIDS risk , smoking alcohol etc

WTG Harry!!!

Breast feeding is going well over here, we are working on her crappy latch, I was so engorged this morning though that one of my nipples is now mangled where she couldn't latch well. The soreness in the other one is going though so we are getting there :)

Got prescribed gaviscon for M this morning, seems better already.

DS now poorly with a temp of 40c.

Not only do I need two pairs of hands I need two laps or to cut myself in half...

Thanks for advice ladies. Xx

I've lost a stone and a half since delivery- three weeks Friday. I've got a stone to lose and have been eating healthy since Monday.
I went clothes shopping today- just got tops and two dresses in my
Usual size and just tried them on and a feel a fat frumpy mess!!!!! Defo too early to feel nice in normal clothes.
I can't wear my normal bottoms at all, pit on weight all over- didn't think I had!

Also I've got extra stretch marks on my tummy, only about ten but I just feel crap in my body. Although I'm ready to dtd, there is no way I want Shaun to see or feel my body.

I survived the school run:) hard work though!

Blue I feel I need extra hands too! Yesterday I needed to drain the pasta and Deni wanted a cuddle and I was trying to sort a bottle out for Ruby- I just didn't know what to do first! I could have cried actually. And tonight for two year banged her head and has a massive egg on her head- I'd just literally walked out the room to the next!
Tomoz I'm going to toddler group with Demi an her banged head and my newborn baby- I wonder what people will think?

Midnight ans MrsS - so jealous of you both. Flat stomach and back in your old jeans! Wow! I'm not even close! :sad2::sad2: Got 5 miles on the treadmill in this morning. Trying to do hour or two 4-5 times a week, but it's harder for me now without as much sleep. I don't really diet as I'm a vegetarian and eat pretty healthy, so I've just got to keep exercising! And exercising, and exercising!

I'm not planning on using any birth control. I think we're going to try for a second, but a little worried after Blake came so unexpectedly early. It took us quite a while to get pregnant the first time, so who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->