Baby in own room?

Coco14

Reaction score
Hello! I know it's very early to be thinking about this but I'm curious. I was wondering what people decided on when it came to putting your babies in their own rooms at night... how old were they?

Our baby was 8 weeks old. I found with her grunting and my checking on her to make sure she was okay neither of us got any sleep. We both sleep much better now.

I? have the Angelcare Monitor to give me some peace of mind though.

My LO isn't in his own room as he doesn't have one but ideally he would be in his own room now.

He sleeps perfectly fine until mammy and daddy go to bed then he wakes up constantly :(

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/622253-support-moving-lo-into-own-room.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/619477-no-acceptable-have-lo-my-room-anymore.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/565835-did-u-put-lo-own-room.html

hope these help

We moved Simon at about 10 weeks, which was earlier than I'd wanted, but everyone slept much better in seperate rooms. I blame my husband's snoring :haha:

Maddison turned 1 on Sunday and is still in with us but she sleeps fine. To be honest I haven't really thought about moving her yet maybe if we disturbed each other it would be different. Plus I like having a spare room so family can stay.

We moved Max into his own room at 3 months. I think we were disturbing him when we went to bed and every time he made the slightest noise I was up hovering over him checking he was ok. He had also outgrown his moses basket by then too so it seemed like a good time to give it a go. Within a week he was STTN most nights so he must enjoy the peace and quiet lol. We also have a sound and movement monitor too, just for peace of mind really!

x

I moved Coralie at almost 5 weeks, she slept much better for it :)

I put Dougie in his own room at 5 weeks.. he was too long for his moses basket and his reflux was making him shuffle so off he popped!

We put Harrison on his own room at 11 weeks.

I just went with the flow and moved him when the time felt right.

LO is still in my room and is still co-sleeping, we love it.
Just do whatever feels best for you.

gonna put her in own room when she 's sleeping through the nite ...she still wakes for 1 nite feed at the mo + i wont move her till shes outgrown her moses basket

We put Jessica in her own room last Thursday (just over 5 months old). She had outgrown her crib and kept waking herself up constantly getting her arms caught through the bars or because her face was squashed against the cot bunmper. I also didn't get any sleep because I had to keep checking that she could breathe! She's much happier in her cot and for the last two nights hasn't really woken up at all!

We put our son in his room at around 12 weeks and will most likely do the same with our daughter. We have the movement and sound monitor which gives me some peace of mind too.

2 weeks for us! We did sleep in his room for the first two weeks but we all kept eachother awake so we went back to our own room.

our LO went to her own room at 3 months, and it was a very easy transition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->